OL playing much better, but Wilson isn't

AFJF

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

He also said:

“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!”

I'm not judging him; I'm just explaining why he typed what he typed.  He wants to live a life filled with hate, that's on him, my slate is clean.  I only hate Zach Wilson because I'm a social justice warrior. 

20 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Describe what he should have done and please keep in mind his eyes are on his receivers.  

He was already moving left before the rusher broke through so I'll give him that but he seemed to give up at the point of contact and could've kept moving further outside to buy him more time before the 2 support men came up to meet him.

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

It seems he was already moving left before the rusher broke through so I'll give him that but he seemed to give up at the point on contact and could've kept moving further outside to buy him more time before the 2 support men came up to meet him.

It seemed hopeless to me, but I’ll watch with fresh eyes and edit in a moment. 

—-

I’m not seeing it.   If he goes right he won’t have an angle to the quick throw he expects to be there.  

He expects the block to be there but there, but he gets nothing. 

C29E1B69-E144-4960-8995-A74E746B92BE.jpeg

16FD9956-871D-4BF6-B30F-A9F7ECC79997.jpeg

620E99D2-3ABB-4A64-B0D6-262C58EABFB4.jpeg

C1F0D78B-B19E-4321-A8A6-F43FD9AD75AF.jpeg

image 3 and 4 ended up reversed. 

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The point is, I don't  even think Wilson saw the guy coming from the left. Why would he move to left if there is an unblocked pass rusher coming from that side

Serious question, have you watched the video? The rush doesn’t come from the left, it comes from the gap. Wilson moves AWAY from the pressure by going left. He expects ty Johnson to block the DL coming from the inside. Spinning right there makes no sense as you would be moving away from your blocker (the RB). Ty Johnson can’t block, which is ultimately why the play was blown up.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  And I distinctly remember people in the game thread complaining that we weren't running the ball enough, lol.  

So which is it?  Do we throw more so that Wilson learns how to play the position, or run more because its the only thing that works (because Wilson sucks, at least at the moment)?  People are going to complain in either direction, apparently...

When you start from the premise that Zach is a secret-FQB-in-hiding and the entire team, coaches, and staff are letting him down the conclusion kind of leads to itself.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What's to understand?  I only hate Zach Wilson because I hate the whites.  Has nothing to do with how he performs on the field.  Gastineau saw right through me.  What an intelligent, true fan that he is.  

I'm reacting to the fact that the accusation was ever made. I browsed the thread and didn't see it.

• WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Serious question, have you watched the video? The rush doesn’t come from the left, it comes from the gap. Wilson moves AWAY from the pressure by going left. He expects ty Johnson to block the DL coming from the inside. Spinning right there makes no sense as you would be moving away from your blocker (the RB). Ty Johnson can’t block, which is ultimately why the play was blown up.

Not even going to argue this. You clearly don't know what you are looking at. 

22 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

It seemed hopeless to me, but I’ll watch with fresh eyes and edit in a moment. 

—-

I’m not seeing it.   If he goes right he won’t have an angle to the quick throw he expects to be there.  

He expects the block to be there but there, but he gets nothing. 

C29E1B69-E144-4960-8995-A74E746B92BE.jpeg

16FD9956-871D-4BF6-B30F-A9F7ECC79997.jpeg

620E99D2-3ABB-4A64-B0D6-262C58EABFB4.jpeg

C1F0D78B-B19E-4321-A8A6-F43FD9AD75AF.jpeg

image 3 and 4 ended up reversed. 

I suppose I see your point that he expected a block. I suppose I just think he could've moved another couple feet to the left to not be instantly engulfed should the block fail.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I suppose I see your point that he expected a block. I suppose I just think he could've moved another couple feet to the left to not be instantly engulfed should the block fail.

And that’s where the “Zach bails from the pocket too early” complaints come.  

There are fair complaints about his play.  The only one I see as valid about dealing with pressure is he should step up into the pocket on some plays - but I understand why he doesn’t trust it.  

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What's to understand?  I only hate Zach Wilson because I hate the whites.  Has nothing to do with how he performs on the field.  Gastineau saw right through me.  What an intelligent, true fan that he is.  

That's why you married a black woman. Your shared hatred of whitey, lol.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Why would you even imagine that was true?

I don’t know you, you don’t know me. I do know that we try to keep this place comfortable for everyone. That’s all I try to do. If I’ve learned one thing in life it is to not worry about the things in life I have no control over so I can focus on the ones I do. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I don’t know you, you don’t know me. I do know that we try to keep this place comfortable for everyone. That’s all I try to do. If I’ve learned one thing in life it is to not worry about the things in life I have no control over so I can focus on the ones I do. 

Caloric intake.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1