Thursday Night Football, JR Ewing vs Paul Charles Morphy....

Beerfish

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He also has been paid a princely amount of money on not one but two massive contracts for a player of his ilk.  If he was in fact their #3 guy no way he gets the deals has has gotten.

He is paid a lot, that's true. But whenever Payton has had the opportunity to make him "the man" he thought "nah."

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hogwash.

#7 in rushing yards and TDs this season with 4.5 YPC. 

#15 among all players in the NFL (not just RBs) in yards from scrimmage.

He doesn't have the burst he once had and gets a sh*t load of touches on a good offensive team...if you give a back enough touches he's gonna put up decent numbers.

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

He doesn't have the burst he once had and gets a sh*t load of touches on a good offensive team...if you give a back enough touches he's gonna put up decent numbers.

I reiterate: 4.5 YPC. He's also been playing through a knee injury for several weeks and there have been reports he might be shut down to heal up for the end season push.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Here is a spicy meatball of a take for you.

Micah Parsons is the real “generational talent” in this draft, QB or otherwise. He’s more transformative then Kyle Pitts could dream of being.

I wouldn't cry at picking him.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Alvin Kamarra just might be the most valuable non QB to his team in the league.

That's also probably why he's hurt

They have to overuse him because the QBs suck for the most part and the WR corps are sucky

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

That's also probably why he's hurt

They have to overuse him because the QBs suck for the most part and the WR corps are sucky

Tangentially related: after watching Jets v. Panthers game week 1, I traded CMAC in every league I owned him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Tangentially related, after watching Jets v. Panthers game week 1 I traded CMAC in every league I owned him.

Good move. CMAC is like Kamara, except he gets hurt even more. I think he's had more season-ending injuries than years in the league now, because that's possible

• Upvote 1