Thursday Night Football, JR Ewing vs Paul Charles Morphy....

Beerfish

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, Hex said:

Good move. CMAC is like Kamara, except he gets hurt even more. I think he's had more season-ending injuries than years in the league now, because that's possible

Real pity, too. The guy is sublime and one of the most fun players to watch in the league.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Here is a spicy meatball of a take for you.

Micah Parsons is the real “generational talent” in this draft, QB or otherwise. He’s more transformative then Kyle Pitts could dream of being.

He was the “consensus” #1 defensive player this year though, wasn’t he?

I remember the Cowboy war room going crazy when he fell to them.

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Why I dont want to keep running Carter between the tackles for 20 carries a game.  

Carter isn’t close to the same player they’re talking about.

A team loses a CMC, Kamarra or Barkley, their offense can’t make up for their loss.

Carter goes down, it’s simply next man up. Just keep feeding him now, he won’t be a key guy by the time we’re good.

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

A team loses a CMC, Kamarra or Barkley, their offense can’t make up for their loss.

Carter goes down, it’s simply next man up. Use him up, he won’t be a key guy by the time we’re good.

Nice reading comprehension. 

I never did, nor would I ever, compare Carter to Kamara or CMC. 

And Barkley has been Exhibit A 1 for why you don’t draft a RB so early.  

My POINT, if you cared to understand it, was he’s our best most dynamic RB and I’d like to not run him into the ground or expose him to unessesary hits if we can possibly avoid it. 

We havent drsfted a RB like him in, well, I can’t remember when. 

BTW, next man up is likely for  La’Michael Perrine. 

Good luck with that. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Taysom Hill is 12/21 for 144 yards with a TD and a dubious INT in the first half against the NFC East leading Cowboys.

Zach Wilson was 14/24 for 145 yards, no TDs and a pick in an entire game against the exiled Texans last week.

Sean Payton. 

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Carter goes down, it’s simply next man up. Just keep feeding him now, he won’t be a key guy by the time we’re good.

He might not be eating solid food by the time we are good.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Taysom Hill is 12/21 for 144 yards with a TD and a dubious INT in the first half against the NFC East leading Cowboys.

Zach Wilson was 14/24 for 145 yards, no TDs and a pick in an entire game against the exiled Texans last week.

Wilson blew but Hill has thrown like 4 interceptable ducks just in the first half. His throws are as menacing as Wilson's face. 

17 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Nice reading comprehension. 

I never did, nor would I ever, compare Carter to Kamara or CMC. 

And Barkley has been Exhibit A 1 for why you don’t draft a RB so early.  

My POINT, if you cared to understand it, was he’s our best most dynamic RB and I’d like to not run him into the ground or expose him to unessesary hits if we can possibly avoid it. 

We havent drsfted a RB like him in, well, I can’t remember when. 

BTW, next man up is likely for  La’Michael Perrine. 

Good luck with that. 

So your view is, don’t run the ball with your best runner because he might get tired or exposed to unnecessary hits… got it. ? Question… what are you saving him for?
He’s no world beater, he’s a dime a dozen RB in this league, just like the D’Ernest Johnson kid who went off for 150 for the Browns in a game this year.

Just use him up until the QB figures out how to throw the ball accurately. If he doesn’t hold up, we just grab another one in the 3rd or 4th round. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

So your view is, don’t run the ball with your best runner because he might get tired or exposed to unnecessary hits… got it. ?
He’s no world beater, he’s a dime a dozen RB in this league, just like the D’Ernest Johnson kid who went off for 150 for the Browns in a game this year.

Just use him up until the QB figures out how to throw the ball accurately. If he gets banged up, we just grab another one in the 3rd or 4th round. 

Again, nice reading comprehension. 

I don’t want to limit his touches, I want to run him more outside or screens or sweeps.  Plays out in space. 

Not 20 runs up the gut. Into 4 300 lb D-lineman.  

Yeah, last guy we just grabbed in the 4th round before him can’t even see the field. 

Its so easy finding steals like Carter.  

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Again, nice reading comprehension. 

I don’t want to limit his touches, I want to run him more outside or screens or sweeps.  Plays out in space. 

Not 20 runs up the gut. Into 4 300 lb D-lineman.  

Yeah, last guy we just grabbed in the 4th round before him can’t even see the field. 

Its so easy finding steals like Carter.  

You keep questioning my reading comprehension, and to be honest I thought you might have a point because for a minute there I thought “is that what Peace frog said earlier? Did I really misunderstand?”

So I just went back and read your 3 posts here about Carter. Sorry dude, it ain’t my reading comprehension, you’re all over the place.

I’d tell you to just take the L, but I’m really not that into arguing average RBs anymore.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

You keep questioning my reading comprehension, and to be honest I thought you might have a point because for a minute there I thought “is that what Peace frog said earlier? Did I really misunderstand?”

So I just went back and read your 3 posts here about Carter. Sorry dude, it ain’t my reading comprehension, you’re all over the place.

Just take the L.

I can contiue to explain my point to you but I can’t understand it for you too.

LOL dime a dozen. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ahem, Houston has Deshaun Watson on their team who is better than Dak, Check and mate!

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I can contiue to explain my point to you but I can’t understand it for you too.

LOL dime a dozen. 

Yep. Another D’Ernest Johnson. A dime a dozen.

You don’t want him running the ball though… you want him catching screen passes.

On a team with a rookie QB who can’t throw a screen pass.

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wilson threw about 12 interceptable passes this week if worms had articulating arms,

Good news as worms are invertebrates, a football can’t bounce off their back into a defender’s arms.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’d be playing pick-up sticks with Zach Wilson’s body parts if he tried to make any one of those Taysom Hill scrambles on that drive.

He might experience total atomization.

• Haha 2