What will be our record in the last 6 games?

What is the record in the final 6 games?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What will be our record?

• 0-6
    • 1-5
    • 2-4
    • 3-3

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Beats the Jaguars and beats the Trubisky Bills

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Tom.

Mitch has faced a Saleh defense (the vastly superior Niners version) twice in his career. First game: 12/15 (80%), 117 rating. Second game: 25/29 (86%), 113 rating. A pair of TDs and zero picks.

JD should try to sign him if for no other reason than to prevent him from going to Miami.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I ran the playoff simulator with us winning out yesterday, default to all games won based on current win %. We still missed at 9-8 ?

don't ask me why I bothered in the first place. 

Wow, so we were mathematically eliminated 2 weeks ago and no one was even aware?  lmao.  

• Haha 1

2-4, with wins against the Jaguars and either the Dolphins or the Saints

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wow, so we were mathematically eliminated 2 weeks ago and no one was even aware?  lmao.  

We actually still have a 3% change of getting the wild card spot so...

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I need to see at least 4% before I monkey with other teams W/L records in the playoff simulator.

I think our chances could go all the way up to 15% if everything plays out well next week, so get ready

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

1 or 2 games depending on if the Bills tank the last game....it would be very Jetsy for Wilson to put up 400 yards vs the Bills 3rd stringers and have fans argue about it for 6 months straight.

Some people STILL talk about Geno Smith's perfect 158.3 QB Rating game against the Dolphins for evidence not to give up on him yet.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

1 or 2 games depending on if the Bills tank the last game....it would be very Jetsy for Wilson to put up 400 yards vs the Bills 3rd stringers and have fans argue about it for 6 months straight.

I still have doubts that the Jets can win against a resting Bills team. Trubisky has been usurped as the second-best QB in the AFCE but he's still better than Tua and leagues better than Wilson.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Some people STILL talk about Geno Smith's perfect 158.3 QB Rating game against the Dolphins for evidence not to give up on him yet.

Get over to the Seattle messageboard. There are threads -- not just individual homer posts -- that it's time to call it quits on the Russell Wilson era and turn over the keys to Geno.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The important part is not the 'flash game', but the follow-up. Geno never did anything more, making the flash game an outlier and not an example

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Get over to the Seattle messageboard. There are threads -- not just individual homer posts -- that it's time to call it quits on the Russell Wilson era and turn over the keys to Geno.

I checked out the Seattle message board after the playoffs last year expecting to see some Jamal hate but it was the exact opposite....they wanted everyone fired or traded including Wilson but the Adams trade was still awesome.   It made me feel better about Jets fans. lol

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

The important part is not the 'flash game', but the follow-up. Geno never did anything more, making the flash game an outlier and not an example

Tell that to the people who still defend Sam Darnold.  According to people like Nico, these "flash games" are not the outliers.  The only outliers are the really bad games, like every time Darnold faces the Patriots.

You're preaching to the choir on this one!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tell that to the people who still defend Sam Darnold.  According to people like Nico, these "flash games" are not the outliers.  The only outliers are the really bad games, like every time Darnold faces the Patriots.

Even more ludicrous are those that hang their hope on individual "flash" throws. These guys are paid millions to throw a football. Being able to throw 1-2 nice passes a game is the bare minimum job requirement.

Would you go to a "flash" mechanic who 5% of the time fixes the unfixable but the other 95% of the time cuts your brake lines and takes a leak in the radiator?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Props to you for turning this thread into a Darnold conversation!

To add to your statement, Darnolds really bad games are outliers. But so are his really good games, and his ok or good games. The only non-outlier games are the bad ones, which is what really paints the picture.

The non-outlier games are the ones that closely follow the average stats a QB produces.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

To add to your statement, Darnolds really bad games are outliers. But so are his really good games, and his ok or good games. The only non-outlier games are the bad ones, which is what really paints the picture.

The non-outlier games are the ones that closely follow the average stats a QB produces.

Nico (R.I.P.) and others like him have more excuses than a pregnant nun when explaining away the negative performances.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Nico (R.I.P.) and others like him have more excuses than a pregnant nun when explaining away the negative performances.

They're all outliers, and it's only been 3 years, TB12 got 20 years and look how he turned out, and the Patriots are hard to play, and I just ran out of excuses, let's go play twister now

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I ran the playoff simulator with us winning out yesterday, default to all games won based on current win %. We still missed at 9-8 ?

don't ask me why I bothered in the first place. 

So your saying there is not chance of a hail Mary in the super bowl for us.  

Bummer!

21 minutes ago, Hex said:

They're all outliers, and it's only been 3 years, TB12 got 20 years and look how he turned out, and the Patriots are hard to play, and I just ran out of excuses, let's go play twister now

My three all-time favorite Darnold excuses and best comebacks:

countdown muse GIF by Clio Awards

Excuse: "He was the youngest QB in NFL history to throw a TD!"

Comeback: "Yeah, and he was also the youngest to get sacked, fumble, and throw a pick-6."

Number Dos GIF

Excuse: "He won 6 of his last 9 games in his second year!"

Comeback: "So did Tim Tebow."

(this is true, BTW)

Numbers GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Excuse: "Gase held him back!"

Comeback: "Hi, Matt Rhule."

• Haha 2

Just now, jgb said:

My three all-time favorite Darnold excuses and best comebacks:

countdown muse GIF by Clio Awards

Excuse: "He was the youngest QB in NFL history to throw a TD!"

Comeback: "Yeah, and he was also the youngest to fumble, get sacked, and throw a pick-6."

Number Dos GIF

Excuse: "He won 6 of his last 9 games in his second year!"

Comeback: "So did Tim Tebow."

(this is true, BTW)

Numbers GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Excuse: "Gase held him back!"

Comeback: "Hi, Matt Rhule."

Don't forget "He's a nice guy!"

47 minutes ago, Hex said:

It's what I do best!  lol.  I'm sure Peace Frog will be in here to whine about it momentarily.  

But until Zach Wilson stops looking like a weaker version of Geno Smith or Sam Darnold, these comparisons will persist.  There's one thing Wilson can do to change that narrative:  Ball out, or at least play like a professional QB, in these final 6 to shut me up.  

• Haha 2