Oregon Vs. Utah

KRL

13 hours ago, Lith said:

Difference in this game between Lloyd and Thibodeaux.  Other than the fact that they play different positions.  You have to make a conscious effort to watch/find Thibs on each play.  Lloyd, you just watch the game and you can't miss him; he jumps out at you.

Agreed.  I think it’s obvious that Thibodeaux and Hutchinson aren’t at the same level that Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett and Chase Young were.   This draft lacks elite prospects, some good depth at Edge but nothing elite, not a lot of separation between the top 5 or 6 edge defenders.  This drafts’ most elite prospects could very well be a center, safety and LBer.    That won’t excite many people.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think Hutchinson has passed him on most boards but I do think the injury is still hampering Thibodeaux and see no reason to believe he won't be a great player.  

That’s Thibs biggest problem, he always seems like he is nursing some sort of injury.  He worries me in the regard.  

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  I think it’s obvious that Thibodeaux and Hutchinson aren’t at the same level that Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett and Chase Young were.   This draft lacks elite prospects, some good depth at Edge but nothing elite, not a lot of separation between the top 5 or 6 edge defenders.  This drafts’ most elite prospects could very well be a center, safety and LBer.    That won’t excite many people.  

Won't excite many people (and I may get killed for this), but I don't see how anyone who has watched thiss team play this year could b too upset if we came out of R1 of this draft with two of Hamilton, Linderbaum, Dean/Lloyd or one of the top edges.  Not sexy or exciting, but this draft lines up pretty well with our pre-FA needs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Was he ever hurt before this season?

He had an elbow/shoulder thing last year, didn’t miss games and played through it.   He kind of reminds me of Stingley where they had outstanding true freshman seasons and haven’t really built upon them.  You’re basically drafting them top 10 overall based on freshman seasons from 3 years ago.  That scares me.  

• Upvote 1