Jump to content

Morgan Moses..


rox
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, varjet said:

Here are the projected tags for OL for next year.  I don't think we are tagging Moses, and I wonder if he would extend voluntarily.

 

OL $16,698,000 $14,997,000

JD tried to sign him to a 2-year deal. Moses wanted one and bet on himself this year. He’ll do well in FA, doubtful he comes back IMO. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GreenFish said:

He’a just 30 y.o. Curious to see what JD does at tackle. Both Fant and Moses have played well and still have a few good years of good play left.

They both earned good deals.   I’d pay both.  

5 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Continuity is important and the Jets OL has been pretty solid. I think we will get a new RG but the rest of the spots have been good

There is no interior line depth.  Van Rotten was the best they had… yuck.  
 

Draft a center and RG early   Then you have a good chance at 7 good OLineman.  
 

Then later years you have the luxury to try out late round prospects and keep restocking the OLIne for cheap which is important as the good rookies come off rookie contracts.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Continuity is important and the Jets OL has been pretty solid. I think we will get a new RG but the rest of the spots have been good

Think they might have found their RG.  The French Doc played well against Miami, and outstanding against The Texans.

Guy seems to fit the system excellent.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Think they might have found their RG.  The French Doc played well against Miami, and outstanding against The Texans.

Guy seems to fit the system excellent.

He is a free agent.  Not good enough to tag.  They should try and extend him now for $6mm+

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2021 at 4:59 PM, varjet said:

Here are the projected tags for OL for next year.  I don't think we are tagging Moses, and I wonder if he would extend voluntarily.

 

OL $16,698,000 $14,997,000

There’s no reason to tag him at what’ll likely be more than twice his likely rate.

In his prime contract year he only got $7MM and became a cap casualty under that contract, no one else wanted to eclipse the Jets’ $3-4MM offer, and the Jets technically didn’t even need him at the time. He’s only starting now because Becton got injured week 1.

He was a great signing in hindsight, and is having a fine season, but not incredible. Based on his play I don’t see why anyone thinks he’ll suddenly jump into even near the $10MM/yr range. Never know until it happens, but as things sit right now I’d be pretty surprised to see anyone eclipse his prior contract in FA.

If I had to guess within $1MM/yr on his next deal I’d think he’s in the $5-6MM range with 1-1.5 years fully guaranteed.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There’s no reason to tag him at what’ll likely be more than twice his likely rate.

In his prime contract year he only got $7MM and became a cap casualty under that contract, no one else wanted to eclipse the Jets’ $3-4MM offer, and the Jets technically didn’t even need him at the time. He’s only starting now because Becton got injured week 1.

He was a great signing in hindsight, and is having a fine season, but not incredible. Based on his play I don’t see why anyone thinks he’ll suddenly jump into even near the $10MM/yr range. Never know until it happens, but as things sit right now I’d be pretty surprised to see anyone eclipse his prior contract in FA.

If I had to guess within $1MM/yr on his next deal I’d think he’s in the $5-6MM range with 1-1.5 years fully guaranteed.

I don't disagree with that.  I just think that the Jets should find a way to keep him on the team and try to draft a T mid-draft who hopefully can step into a starting role down the road, like the Bills did with Spencer Brown.

But I can't say that trying to get by next year with something less than Becton, Moses and Fant (or the equivalent) at T is a good idea.  

When you add AVT, McGovern and the realization that there is not anyone reasonably priced on the roster next year that can be counted on to start at RG (its not Clark, its not GVR, its not Feeney), I would think this puts the Jets OL at one of the NFL's most expensive.  Given that the QB is still relatively cheap, it is probably worth it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...