We would like to welcome Lith to the Mod team

33 minutes ago, Lith said:

December 1981.  Jets first playoff appearance in 12 years, against Buffalo, is also the day my sister decides to get married.  I did get updates on the game throughout the day; don't remember how.  Someone probably had a small transistor radio. 

That marriage did last longer than the playoff run, but not be a whole lot.

Was there. We were down 7-0, fumbled KO, before you could open your first beer. Great comeback, only to end on aTodd int in the end zone, one play after not seeing a wide open Gaffney in the end zone that would have won the game. A precursor for next year.0”?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

It took my undergrad Wharton degree to get this gig.  And you know you are being banned right around Nov 1 of every year.

I dont know, I'd probably keep me around during that time of the year for at least a couple of years as Napier gets settled in.  The 20's could easily be the 90's in reverse.  The gap is the largest it's ever been IMO.

• Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Win or lose today, you’ll still get another opportunity in the playoffs.  Although it would still be nice to eliminate them and not have to worry about seeing them again.  Kill them off when you have the chance now.  Saban is a tough out in the playoffs.  Good luck today and enjoy the wife’s birthday.   

Thanks.

Anything other than a blowout loss and we should get to the playoffs.  But there is something about conquering your demons on the way to a Championship.  We have not beaten Bama since Saban's first season - over 14 years ago.  I want this game today and I want it badly.  Nice to know there is a bit of a safety net for us, but I want to beat Bama, win the SEC Championship, enjoy it for a few weeks and then worry about the playoffs at the end of the month.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Good luck Lith. My question is as one of your first acts as a “Made Man” will you be reinstating DWC from the depths of the Gallows ?

If he did that, his reign as mod would be shorter than James Morgan's second stint with the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks.

Anything other than a blowout loss and we should get to the playoffs.  But there is something about conquering your demons on the way to a Championship.  We have not beaten Bama since Saban's first season - over 14 years ago.  I want this game today and I want it badly.  Nice to know there is a bit of a safety net for us, but I want to beat Bama, win the SEC Championship, enjoy it for a few weeks and then worry about the playoffs at the end of the month.

Go Dawgs!!!

Winning today, AND knocking Bama out of the playoffs would be the cherry on top of a great season for your team.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Winning today, AND knocking Bama out of the playoffs would be the cherry on top of a great season for your team.

Agreed, but I always expect the worst..  As a long time Mets/Jets/Dawgs/Islanders fan, I am conditioned that way.  Is three more wins really that much to ask for?

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You should have read the contract.  You have to an exit interview.  

...in Max's RV.

...in the back.

...with Crusher

Not too worried about that. 

Couple of ribeyes to distract Crusher and I can make my break for the door.  I may be old, but I am still pretty quick.  If I get a step on Max, he ain't catching me.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

December 1981.  Jets first playoff appearance in 12 years, against Buffalo, is also the day my sister decides to get married.  I did get updates on the game throughout the day; don't remember how.  Someone probably had a small transistor radio. 

That marriage did last longer than the playoff run, but not be a whole lot.

That was one of the most heart wrenching Jet games ever. Down early due to their own mistakes followed by an impressive comeback.  I was there and the INT on that final red zone drive was right in front of me.   It figures that anyone married on that day had a bad omen to start.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed, but I always expect the worst..  As a long time Mets/Jets/Dawgs/Islanders fan, I am conditioned that way.  Is three more wins really that much to ask for?

i get it. I’m Mets/Jets/Syracuse/Rangers ? I look at Alabama the way I do the Yankees. Your guys have been knocking on the door for a few years now. Time to kick it in

As far as today’s game, I think it’s your time. If not now, when?

23 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thank you @Lith we are happy to have you on board as a moderator. The bar is set pretty high, but I am sure you can live up to the level of excellence that the moderators before you set.  :)

We really appreciate the help, thanks so much.

Please join me and welcome Lith to the Moderator team.

Way to go Max… Terrific selection. Can’t think of another person more deserving.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, ZachEY said:

@Lith is gonna ban the entire board tonight.

Not the whole board, but I came pretty close to dropping the hammer on  @Thai Jet and @Sarge4Tide celebrating another beatdown of the Dawgs.  But they are good guys (Congrats on the W!!!).

Ban Hammer Yoshi - GIF on Imgur

Now, if we miss out on the playoffs today, all bets are off.  Or if we do make the playoffs and lose to Bama again, then I cannot be held responsible for what I might do.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not the whole board, but I came pretty close to dropping the hammer on  @Thai Jet and @Sarge4Tide celebrating another beatdown of the Dawgs.  But they are good guys (Congrats on the W!!!).

Ban Hammer Yoshi - GIF on Imgur

Now, if we miss out on the playoffs today, all bets are off.  Or if we do make the playoffs and lose to Bama again, then I cannot be held responsible for what I might do.

Get creative with it. You can ban people from an hour up to forever. 

B843A834-FA6B-4AD8-B6B9-3A105D44A971.jpeg