*** College Football Game Day 12/04 ***

Beerfish

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I was more focused on the poster who left the board in a big stink to become a Giants fan because “how good of a job Dave Gettleman is doing”.

Close, but the comment actually was “Daniel Jones will have a better career than Darnold…”

if you take a minute and think back, you might remember it was right around the time I was checking in with you via dm when your dad wasn’t feeling well.

But yeah, me making fun of bad QBs is more important to you than stuff like that, I guess?

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Close, but the comment actually was “Daniel Jones will have a better career than Darnold…”

if you take a minute and think back, you might remember it was right around the time I was checking in with you via dm when your dad wasn’t feeling well.

But yeah, me making fun of bad QBs is more important to you than stuff like that, I guess?

I can think you’re a genuinely kind human and completely disagree with your football opinions, which, by the way, is the case here.  Furthermore, I think it was you who came after me a couple of weeks ago in a game thread too?  For ribbing posters who brought up Mac Jones in a Jets Gameday thread? 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I only needed one. I’m just not on here every waking hour as I once was, so I let it ride when I figured it out.

I very much could tell who you are by your posting style, how you worded things and then the moniker gave it away indefinitely. 

Not surprised to hear you don’t like Zach. I was one of his biggest supporters pre draft. 

I just thought it was a big leap taking him. He only had that one good year in a covid season against a makeshift schedule.  I never thought he’d look like this though.

*as far as the posting style, I made a point not to change it, but only you and play to win the game figured me out.

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I can think you’re a genuinely kind human and completely disagree with your football opinions, which, by the way, is the case here.  Furthermore, I think it was you who came after me a couple of weeks ago in a game thread too?  For ribbing posters who brought up Mac Jones in a Jets Gameday thread? 

I probably did. I poked other guys I used to like to interact with (PK for example) a few times also. I’ve been annoying the hell out of your dad too. He keeps asking who I am, lol. I really thought he’d figure it out by now.

Truth is, if you weren’t a poster I liked or respect, I’d never call you out. It’s no fun picking on those who can’t defend themselves is it?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In order to get $100,000 for tuition, you should have to tackle your university’s best skill player alumni in the open field at halftime. 

Nutcracker drill with a walk on who is playing for his scholarship, 

• Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I probably did. I poked other guys I used to like to interact with (PK for example) a few times also. I’ve been annoying the hell out of your dad too. He keeps asking who I am, lol. I really thought he’d figure it out by now.

Truth is, if you weren’t a poster I liked or respect, I’d never call you out. It’s no fun picking on those who can’t defend themselves is it?

I gotcha.  In all seriousness, it’s good to have you back then.  Don’t go running away again. I need more people to argue with ?.

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They’re so good they don’t need to play anyone this week to make it. 

We both know the top 3,  Bama, Georgia, and Michigan are in.

The best option would be a play in game between the 4&5 (the Irish and Cincinnati this year), but obviously that isn’t happening.

Once the Bearcats beat Houston today, there was no way they were going to be lowered from #4 and replaced by a team who sat home.

Notre Dame chooses to stay an independent. Like the saying goes “you reap what you sow”.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So what are the final rankings going to be?

Alabama

Michigan

Georgia

Cincinnati

Or does Georgia retain #2?

Is the Playoff, 1 vs 4 and then 2 vs 3?

Will the competition jury the rankings to stay away from certain initial match-ups? 

Suspect they won't want GA/Bama in the 1st round.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So what are the final rankings going to be?

Alabama

Michigan

Georgia

Cincinnati

Or does Georgia retain #2?

Is the Playoff, 1 vs 4 and then 2 vs 3?

Will the competition jury the rankings to stay away from certain initial match-ups? 

I think they go in order… Michigan, Bama, Georgia, Cincinnati.
That gives us Michigan-Cincy  and Georgia- Bama the first round.
I don’t think they want to see a Bama-Georgia rematch for the Natty. 
Michigan-Bama/Ga. Would be great. big 10 vs SEC.

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I think they go in order… Michigan, Bama, Georgia, Cincinnati.
That gives us Michigan-Cincy  and Georgia- Bama the first round.
I don’t think they want to see a Bama-Georgia rematch for the Natty. 
Michigan-Bama/Ga. Would be great. big 10 vs SEC.

There's no way they have a rematch in the first round.

It will be Bama vs Cincy and Michigan vs UGA 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

The best option would be a play in game between the 4&5 (the Irish and Cincinnati this year), but obviously that isn’t happening.

Once the Bearcats beat Houston today, there was no way they were going to be lowered from #4 and replaced by a team who sat home.

Notre Dame chooses to stay an independent. Like the saying goes “you reap what you sow”.

I actually like the idea of 4 playing 5 for the last spot instead of adding more teams and yes ND needs to get into a damn conference already.  

• Upvote 1

Well, that sucked.  So damn frustrated with this team right now.  It was a great season but all year long I had two concerns.  The back end of our defense was vulnerable against a great offense, and if that happened, Stetson Bennett would not be good enough to win a shootout.  We needed 10-12 play drives to score (except for the one where Bama was called for like 4 penalties before the half), and they struck in 3-5 plays.  We couldn't answer and when we needed to put the game on Bennett's shouldders in the second half, he couldn't do it.

At least we should still get into the playoffs.  Michigan, Bama, Cincy all punched their tickets yesterday.  Last spot goes to either us or ND.  Still think we get the nod, but I don't think it is quite as clear cut as others -- partially because I always fear the worst for my team.  Undefetated regular season in SEC.  One loss to Bama in a Championship game.  Should be good enouogh.  But the Irish finished the season on a roll, and we just got blown out in our biggest game of the year.  I could see it going either way.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You realize Cincinnati beat Notre Dame in South Bend right? Obviously the 13-0 undefeated team who beat the 11-1 team head to head gets the nod. Zero need for a game, they played already.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Well, that sucked.  So damn frustrated with this team right now.  It was a great season but all year long I had two concerns.  The back end of our defense was vulnerable against a great offense, and if that happened, Stetson Bennett would not be good enough to win a shootout.  We needed 10-12 play drives to score (except for the one where Bama was called for like 4 penalties before the half), and they struck in 3-5 plays.  We couldn't answer and when we needed to put the game on Bennett's shouldders in the second half, he couldn't do it.

At least we should still get into the playoffs.  Michigan, Bama, Cincy all punched their tickets yesterday.  Last spot goes to either us or ND.  Still think we get the nod, but I don't think it is quite as clear cut as others -- partially because I always fear the worst for my team.  Undefetated regular season in SEC.  One loss to Bama in a Championship game.  Should be good enouogh.  But the Irish finished the season on a roll, and we just got blown out in our biggest game of the year.  I could see it going either way.

Bryce Young is a great QB and Bama has elite weapons who can get open against anyone. 

I just didn't think Bama's offensive line could block UGA based on how they've both played this year -- but they did. 

You're a lock for the playoff, more likley to be the 2 seed than to miss it IMO.

Notre Dame has zero ranked wins. Their best win is against... Wisconsin I think?

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

You realize Cincinnati beat Notre Dame in South Bend right? Obviously the 13-0 undefeated team who beat the 11-1 team head to head gets the nod. Zero need for a game, they played already.

I agree 100% and I said that in an earlier post last night. I don’t think ND belongs, and has no argument here. 

I think the play in game would be a nice addition to the system every year  though. I like it better than adding a few more teams.