****OFFICIAL JETS V EAGLES MINSHOWDOWN THREAD****

T0mShane

The Eagles hung 30 on Denver and 40 on the Saints before getting choked out against the Giants, with Hurts throwing three picks. They have tons of speed on offense, which was the opposite of the situation the Jets faced last week in Houston (save for slot receiver Brandin Cooks). I think it’s just a bad matchup for us and Minshew to DeVonta Smith, Goedert, and Quez Watkins is going to tear us up, and Zach Wilson isn’t capable of producing points. Could be messy.

• Upvote 1

The Eagles were playing well going into last week vs the Gis. If they can beat them we can. I think this is a winnable game although based on record and play so far they are the favorites even if an away game for Philly. If the Eagles lose they will be ripped by their fans who as we all know booed Santa Claus and take no prisoners. I'll take Zach over Minshew today and a Jets win in a close game 20-17. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Eagles hung 30 on Denver and 40 on the Saints before getting choked out against the Giants, with Hurts throwing three picks. They have tons of speed on offense, which was the opposite of the situation the Jets faced last week in Houston (save for slot receiver Brandin Cooks). I think it’s just a bad matchup for us and Minshew to DeVonta Smith, Goedert, and Quez Watkins is going to tear us up, and Zach Wilson isn’t capable of producing points. Could be messy.

Is My Quite the backup today?

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s December now, time for Zach to start stacking some good performances.
Most of us agreed he might struggle early, but expected improvement the second half of the season. Well we’re past that point now, and he hasn’t. IMO it would be a fool’s game to hand him the starting job next season if he finishes the year playing the way he has.

I think he might surprise a lot of us today however. I’m looking for him to play well and the Jets beat the Eagles 24-17.

2nd week in a row you've predicted a Jets win. Seems like you've become more positive now that you've stopped going to the bar to watch the Jets. Who's on local TV today for you? I got Chargers/Bengals and Dolphins/Giants on at 1pm and the Ravens/Steelers at 4pm. 

Oh I almost forgot.

Eagles 31 Jets 10

Jets need to spy Minshew in this game. I’m telling you he hasn’t played in awhile, only a week of practice with the 1s… I expect him to take off a bunch. If we can take that away from him and make him beat is through the air, that’s our best chance.

over/under rushing yards 45

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Minshew has  37 tds and 11 ints in 24 games? Why is he not a starter in this league? Lol

Having a decent to good QB locked in as your starter is arguably a worse situation than the worst QB in the league situation the Jets currently find themselves in. If Minshew could play at the level of Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins, he’d just be eating up a ton of cap space and not winning big games. As we saw with Darnold, if the QB stays bad, at least the team can unload him fairly painlessly. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Having a decent to good QB locked in as your starter is arguably a worse situation than the worst QB in the league situation the Jets currently find themselves in. If Minshew could play at the level of Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins, he’d just be eating up a ton of cap space and not winning big games. As we saw with Darnold, if the QB stays bad, at least the team can unload him fairly painlessly. 

Year 1 of the complete rebuild starts next year.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Sucking is better than not sucking. That’s bitter medicine. As a Jets fan I can’t swallow it. I’m way too cheery and positive for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty on point, also eagles are still playing for something as a win today puts them right back in the hunt. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s December now, time for Zach to start stacking some good performances.
Most of us agreed he might struggle early, but expected improvement the second half of the season. Well we’re past that point now, and he hasn’t. IMO it would be a fool’s game to hand him the starting job next season if he finishes the year playing the way he has.

I think he might surprise a lot of us today however. I’m looking for him to play well and the Jets beat the Eagles 24-17.

Agreed.  He’s not a “rookie” anymore.  Time for the nuts to drop and he take control of this offense.   

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Which is why I think JD should both drafted a QB and brought in a legit QB2. Doesn’t have to be either or.

If the Jets had signed the ever elusive, “backup with upside,” we never would’ve gotten to enjoy a whole week of MikeWhitemania. How sad would that’ve been?

• Haha 4

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

I certainly agree with that in theory, but it's still increasingly annoying to watch the constant unmatched level of failure at those attempts ever since the merger.

If I hadn’t been invited to an Eagles’ fan friend’s house for the game today, I probably would’ve gone to the beach instead of watching it live. It’s a decision I hope I don’t regret too much. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  He’s not a “rookie” anymore.  Time for the nuts to drop and he take control of this offense.   

Of course wilson is still a “rookie”.  Middle of his rookie season and he missed a month with a knee injury.  He’s played 7 games and one of those he left early with an injury.  

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I certainly agree with that in theory, but it's still increasingly annoying to watch the constant unmatched level of failure at those attempts ever since the merger.

Yeah pretty much my view I wanna be entertained by the Jets (beyond this board)!

2 minutes ago, slats said:

If the Jets had signed the ever elusive, “backup with upside,” we never would’ve gotten to enjoy a whole week of MikeWhitemania. How sad would that’ve been?

Brad Pitt Band GIF

17 minutes ago, slats said:

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif&ehk=b%2B

Is this the same "logic" as the old "it's better to go 0-16 every year if you're not ready to win a Super Bowl, so when I root for losses I'm really rooting for Super Bowls!"?

All or nothing thinking like this is a route to always getting nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 hours ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

I am crossing my fingers we see development from Zach. It's time he starts to improve. Expecting our D to play big today. A huge upset special...Jets 21 Eagles 10

I feel the same way. I would rather lose and see Zach develop, than win and feel totally confused about Zach, like the win against the Texans.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, slats said:

I’d rather swing for the fences with genuine potential than lock into mediocrity. 

This statement is literally everything that is wrong with hitting in MLB today.

There is no route to greatness in the NFL that comes from such an all or nothing approach.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, slats said:

1. Using this logic, you would have put Tom Brady back on the bench because Drew Bledsoe was so much better physically than he was.

2. The 2021 Jets Highlight video will be 40 minutes of Mike White throws and four minutes of Zach Wilson at the draft in his JC Penney suit from the Young Adults section

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif&ehk=b%2B

Is this the same "logic" as the old "it's better to go 0-16 every year if you're not ready to win a Super Bowl, so when I root for losses I'm really rooting for Super Bowls!"?

All or nothing thinking like this is a route to always getting nothing.

No, it’s not. I’m rooting for wins from an improved rookie QB the rest of the way, draft position be damned. If Zach doesn’t work out over the next year or two, the Jets should move on. But I prefer actually trying to find a franchise QB over running out there with a Teddy Bridgewater. I’d rather be in the first year of this experiment than deciding whether or not to give Baker Mayfield $30M/year. 

• Upvote 3