****OFFICIAL JETS V EAGLES MINSHOWDOWN THREAD****

T0mShane

The Jets screw themselves all the time.  But the refs and the league **** them over regularly.  Frankly, I was all for replays in every sport.  Now I think it's a mistake.  It ruins the flow of the game and they still screw up the calls.  It was supposed to be incontrovertible evidence as the standard.  When it takes five minutes and three dozen angles to make the change, It's not incontrovertible evidence.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

There have been bad calls, but the way this defense has played gives it zero benefit of the doubt.  Pathetic. 

It has to play into some of these calls.  Especially the PI calls.  Why would the refs ever think the jets actually made a stop or didn’t interfere?

• Upvote 1

Boy, I can’t stand this.  The Jets are getting jobbed.  If this were a Sunday night game with playoff teams the NFL would be getting absolutely skewered for this.  But that’s the problem with the NFL,  this happens every week.  Multiple games.  But when it happens in a game with 2 teams going nowhere, no one cares.  Fans will say “well the Jets should yada yada.”  Yes that is fine.  Hold the players and coaches accountable.  Officials get paid too. They need to be accountable for garbage.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ausman said:

The Jets screw themselves all the time.  But the refs and the league **** them over regularly.  Frankly, I was all for replays in every sport.  Now I think it's a mistake.  It ruins the flow of the game and they still screw up the calls.  It was supposed to be incontrovertible evidence as the standard.  When it takes five minutes and three dozen angles to make the change, It's not incontrovertible evidence.

What they should do is use the Final Jeopardy jingle to time the review.  If they haven't overturned the call by then, the play stands.  It should be so obvious that no one can complain.  It hardly ever is.

1 minute ago, TheClashFan said:

Exactly, HD frame by frame video to overturn super close calls.  Just leave them alone as called on the field.

I'm not saying the call wasn't bs, because it was. But the officials don't make the call from the 8 inch screen. NY tells them the call. 

• Upvote 1