****OFFICIAL JETS V EAGLES MINSHOWDOWN THREAD****

T0mShane

The levels of delusion on here. My goodness.
Trust your eyes. He’s bad. 
If zach wilson is bad ...what is the abortion that is our defense and our special teams ... yet you drone on about probably our third best player.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes…Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson are all the fans’ fault.  We’ve been blessed with stellar homegrown QBs that the fans simply fail to appreciate!

Jets fans will want to boot any rookie QB after 4-5 games who doesn’t come in and immediately look like Justin Herbert.

If Wilson doesn’t work out, then I don’t give two sh*ts about drafting another QB.

Just build up the rest of the roster and go grab someone like Garoppolo or Minshew. Might as well.

Drafting these QB’s and repeatedly sticking them on the most talent devoid roster in the league with a rookie HC is obviously a losing strategy.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Irish Jet said:

?

The levels of delusion on here. My goodness.

Trust your eyes. He’s bad. 

His game hasn't been so bad, I'm not delusional just not a reactionary drama queen. 

Does he need to get better, heck yea. However let's not act like this week wasn't better than the last. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jolot said:

Reminder we could have had Minshew for a bag of dirty laundry in the off-season and started him for a year . But the Jets didn’t want to hurt Zach’s feelings. 

Yes, he was incredibly impressive throwing to wide open receivers with zero pressure paired with a run game that couldn’t be stopped.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Step in the right direction for Zach Wilson today. But the second half wasn't nearly as good as the 1st.

That was a total blown call on the pass to Moore though. He was held. 

Wilson still needs to make better throws on shorter routes but his receivers also need to help him out more at times.

Agree. His accuracy is not good, but if passes aren’t right on the numbers these guys don’t catch. So many drops.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And now for your weekly reminder that Mike White is still the only Jets QB to throw for 400+ in a Jets win since the Vinny “helmet game” in ‘98.

And yet you still have the “true fans” b*tching about us liking him.  

Y’all have to let Mike white go I’d recommend sooner than later.

Wilson has the ball for 1 minute of the 3rd quarter. This loss is about the defense being non-competitive for most of the game 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

I think the interesting lining is the fact that this has never really been an issue with him. Graded out at the top of the nation with this ball placement last year. Just needs to settle down and lose the yips.

Yes, but at this point you have to be a little concerned about the quality of the opposition he was facing in college.  He had a lot more time and space to work with than any NFL defense is going to give him.  Might be one big reason why the Alabama QB in NE looks so much better.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And now for your weekly reminder that Mike White is still the only Jets QB to throw for 400+ in a Jets win since the Vinny “helmet game” in ‘98.

And yet you still have the “true fans” b*tching about us liking him.  

<Mike White throws the ball efficiently, wins the game against a playoff team, gets into the Hall of Fame.>

Jets fan: Well, he threw short and his receivers made plays. He should be cut.

<Zach Wilson racks up 140 yards against the trashbag Eagles throwing short passes to receivers who make some plays for him>

Jets fan: This is just like Aaron Rodgers.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Being in the nfl doesnt suddenly make you an accurate passer. Wilson has been woefully inaccurate. Even many of his completions are iffy throws that the receiver makes great snag on

But never mind the million passes that hit the recievers right in the hands ir face and they dont catch or deflects right off of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Brutal today. So many plays left on the field. Overall team just sucks. No life to it.

That’s not a fair assessment.  He had the bad pick but hr had 3 touchdowns.  Certainly a work in progress but it’s not fair to say he was brutal today 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Hoping for a big year 2 jump from Zach, but he just doesn't have it right now.

Yup. Still needs to grow a lot. Some really unnerving things but the talent is there. He seems dedicated and wants to get better, but the question is can he?

Like it or not, he’s our guy for the next couple of years. There is a mix of good and bad that is eerily similar to Sam Darnold and Darnold got three full seasons here.

Told ya for months Minshew can play.  Could have had him instead of the bum QBs we now possess.

Also, Saleh looks like he completely lost it today.   Let anger impede his ability to coach.   Eagles D adjusted whilst we continued to get gashed.  Plus, HIS D got lit up for over 30 again.   I long for the days of Todd Bowles.   Saleh is another bad hire.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Being in the nfl doesnt suddenly make you an accurate passer. Wilson has been woefully inaccurate. Even many of his completions are iffy throws that the receiver makes great snag on

I was willing to overlook it in the first half but yeah, he was all over the place today. I"m sure the Zach apologists are just going to talk about the 3 TD's today

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

His game hasn't been so bad, I'm not delusional just not a reactionary drama queen. 

Does he need to get better, heck yea. However let's not act like this week wasn't better than the last. 

He's been missing easy targets with his inaccuracy all year. This should not be happening. It's a big concern. 

• Upvote 1