****OFFICIAL JETS V EAGLES MINSHOWDOWN THREAD****

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If zach wilson is bad ...what is the abortion that is our defense and our special teams ... yet you drone on about probably our third best player.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

3rd best player?  What are you smoking?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Y'all gotta be watching a completely different game than me lol. 

Zach made some mistakes but jesus christ he is the only reason we've been alive today. 

Meanwhile... everyone else. 

We’re watching the same game.  You’re just watching through the eyes of someone who put on a blindfold for the entire 2nd half.

The defense sucks AND Zach sucks.

Just now, Jets723 said:

That’s not a fair assessment.  He had the bad pick but hr had 3 touchdowns.  Certainly a work in progress but it’s not fair to say he was brutal today 

Thought he was really bad in the second half. Whole team was bad too. Moore and Davis bad drops. Saleh pissing away timeouts. Defense loafing. Team is in a tailspin and doesn’t have much talent. 2020 draft class is arguably the worst in franchise history.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

We’re watching the same game.  You’re just watching through the eyes of someone who put on a blindfold for the entire 2nd half.

The defense sucks AND Zach sucks.

The defense sucks and Zach struggled. 

Theres a gigantic difference. 

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I think the interesting lining is the fact that this has never really been an issue with him. Graded out at the top of the nation with this ball placement last year. Just needs to settle down and lose the yips.

If you are still having the yips in what are basically no pressure games, more than halfway through the season, and it’s in the second half of the game so not like the initial butterflies on the first drive, then when will he ever get rid of them?

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Really weird, if you just followed the thread, you’d think Wilson was playing a lot worse than he is. What the hell am I missing that has people going on & on like this?

We have 18 points of offense and Wilson is averaging 6.1 yards per attempt.  

Wilson is having a good game for his standards and Jets QBs of the last decade standards.  But not close to the NFL’s standards.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Except if he doesn't improve drastically, it becomes the #1 problem, because ya know... QB.

We arent even close to that point though. 

We are well over the point where the defense represents problems #1-#9. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When we run it a bunch, Wilson doesn’t get enough throws to show what he’s capable of doing.

When we don’t run it enough, the offense sucks.  Because Wilson sucks.

It’s a no-win situation.  

I mean Wilson. He had a wide open field in front of him.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

<Mike White throws the ball efficiently, wins the game against a playoff team, gets into the Hall of Fame.>

Jets fan: Well, he threw short and his receivers made plays. He should be cut.

<Zach Wilson racks up 140 yards against the trashbag Eagles throwing short passes to receivers who make some plays for him>

Jets fan: This is just like Aaron Rodgers.

How did Mike White do after that game?

Just now, Biggs said:

I didn’t feel Wilson suck factor was the deciding suck factor.  You guys are way to critical.  

Wilson was not the reason the Jets lost today. He wasn’t great but he wasn’t horrible.

It was the run defense and and inability to get pressure on Minshew throughout the entire game. That’s why this game wasn’t a lot closer.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Y’all have to let Mike white go I’d recommend sooner than later.

Wilson has the ball for 1 minute of the 3rd quarter. This loss is about the defense being non-competitive for most of the game 

A loss can be about 2 things at once.  The D being terrible AND Wilson repeatedly missing easy throws are both factors.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We have 18 points of offense and Wilson is averaging 6.1 yards per attempt.  

Wilson is having a good game for his standards and Jets QBs of the last decade standards.  But not close to the NFL’s standards.

This.  Wilson’s “good” game is by NFL standards mediocre at best.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1