****OFFICIAL JETS V EAGLES MINSHOWDOWN THREAD****

T0mShane

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

We waited 23 years for a Jet QB to have a game like White did.  

One implosion against one of the top teams in the league should only get him benched for a healthy Wilson, not a 36-year old Flacco.  

Teams are evaluating his four years worth of play in the League - one good game - not the one game implosion against Buffalo. 

Wasn’t the plan for wilson this year to have a strong running game and a consistent d?  To not have wilson have to be Superman to win games for them?  Well the d basically sucks, they’re always playing from behind, the running game sucked for the first part of the season and is now adequate but was better with carter than Coleman.  The entire plan of having wilson essentially be a game manager while the rest of the team lifts him up has been erased.  Wilson knows he’s got to win games for them now.  And now, Corey davis sucks, mims is as good as gone and they have what, 2 wrs?  It’s a joke.  Was Keelan cole active today?

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh should be crazy happy about Zach Wilson’s INT. It’s keeping everyone from screaming about the defense, for which he has no excuses.

Exactly.  This game was on the mostly on the defense, then kicking game, then offense and Wilson.  Eagles possessions were:

1. TD
  2. TD
  3. TD
  4. FG
  5. FG
  6. FG
  7. FG 
  8. Punt

Sometimes it is not the offense's fault that the D is on the field all game.  Get a stop on 3rd down and get the ball back to your O.  I think we went about 90 minutes in real time where we ran 3 offensive plays.  At one point the Eagles were something like 5 of 6 on 3rd down, where average yards to go was 8+.  You can't get off the field on 3rd and 8 all day.  Against Gardner MInshew.  Wilson was not great, but he was better than last week.  This was on the defense.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is the part of it that annoys me. We can judge Mike White after getting smacked by the Bills, but it’s perpetually too soon to be nervous about Zach Wilson

Don't worry, it's likely that in two years from now most of these same folks will be telling anyone who listens how they just KNEW Zach wasn't the guy all along.

Just like they did with Darnold.  And Geno.  And Sanchez.

3 years of hype and "have patience" and negreps for analysis and accusations of being a bad fan and "gfy, he just needs weapons, and time"......and they'll end up telling guys like you and me how THEY knew all along, and why didn't we....

Same as always.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Wasn’t the plan for wilson this year to have a strong running game and a consistent d?  To not have wilson have to be Superman to win games for them?  Well the d basically sucks, they’re always playing from behind, the running game sucked for the first part of the season and is now adequate but was better with carter than Coleman.  The entire plan of having wilson essentially be a game manager while the rest of the team lifts him up has been erased.  Wilson knows he’s got to win games for them now.  And now, Corey davis sucks, mims is as good as gone and they have what, 2 wrs?  It’s a joke.  Was Keelan cole active today?

Everyone’s fault but Zach, always 

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Makes me almost want to cry as we will be here in three years watching Zack struggle and arguing about whether he should be re-signed.

If Wilson continues to play at this level, he won't make it past year two.

Then we'll be looking forward to some cast off scout from Kansas City as the new GM, because no reputable candidate will take the job with the mandate that Saleh gets one more year.

Yay!

• Upvote 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

Hope I get ripped to shreds for being wrong about Wilson, but I just don't see it.

We all have missed on our “résumé’s” and I’d like to think we’re all hoping for the same.

I’m just not ready to decide anything after 7 3/4 games.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Don't worry, it's likely that in two years from now most of these same folks will be telling anyone who listens how they just KNEW Zach wasn't the guy all along.

Just like they did with Darnold.  And Geno.  And Sanchez.

3 years of hype and "have patience" and negreps for analysis and accusations of being a bad fan and "gfy, he just needs weapons, and time"......and they'll end up telling guys like you and me how THEY knew all along, and why didn't we....

Same as always.

If history is a guide it will be an overnight switch from "It's not his fault! He's still gonna be good" to "He's not a Jet anymore, we know he sucked, stop beating a dead horse."

It's just never the right time to criticize a Jets QB.

Zach had a chance to shut me up today and he didn’t.  

With a defence that couldn’t stop a nosebleed today…whatever.

Zach was not the reason that we lost. Their Oline manhandled our dline, stupid penalties, refs giving every call under the sun to the eagles ( how the **** do you reverse that 4th down spot?)…

I digress. Oh yeah some wide receiver drops didn’t help either. We , once again, beat ourselves with miscue after miscue. That’s too much for a qb in his 7th game to overcome. 

The kid didn’t wet the bed so leave Zach alone for this weak.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

Exactly.  This game was on the mostly on the defense, then kicking game, then offense and Wilson.  Eagles possessions were:

1. TD
  2. TD
  3. TD
  4. FG
  5. FG
  6. FG
  7. FG 
  8. Punt

Sometimes it is not the offense's fault that the D is on the field all game.  Get a stop on 3rd down and get the ball back to your O.  I think we went about 90 minutes in real time where we ran 3 offensive plays.  At one point the Eagles were something like 5 of 6 on 3rd down, where average yards to go was 8+.  You can't get off the field on 3rd and 8 all day.  Against Gardner MInshew.  Wilson was not great, but he was better than last week.  This was on the defense.

You see Saleh lose it with anger on the field today?   I hope he expresses at least the same amount against himself, his DC and players for getting torched every game.   The Eagles had no issue running right up the gut for most of the day.  That was not what we expected after Saleh was hired.  Where the F*ck is Saleh's vaunted D?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

If Wilson continues to play at this level, he won't make it past year two.

Then we'll be looking forward to some cast off scout from Kansas City as the new GM, because no reputable candidate will take the job with the mandate that Saleh gets one more year.

Yay!

Can we just do this now ? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Mike White has had a number of years to prove he’s better than a practice squad player.  He’s been in the league for almost 5 years.

When you have to round one player up by a year and a half (considering White hasn't even hit 4 years), and yet the other down to nothing, that kind of suggests there may just be a tad bit of confirmation bias at play here.

Mind you, I'm not a particular believer in Mike White, but to this point every argument for Wilson is very much formed around little more than excuses to support an already predetermined conclusion.  Those unfortunately haven't held true when similarly applied during the last 5 decades of failures at the position, so while I'll certainly be happy if it finally turns out that way for once, the odds aren't looking good at all.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

With a defence that couldn’t stop a nosebleed today…whatever.

Zach was not the reason that we lost. Their Oline manhandled our dline, stupid penalties, refs giving every call under the sun to the eagles ( how the **** do you reverse that 4th down spot?)…

I digress. Oh yeah some wide receiver drops didn’t help either. We , once again, beat ourselves with miscue after miscue. That’s too much for a qb in his 7th game to overcome. 

The kid didn’t wet the bed so leave Zach alone for this weak.

He was the # 2 overall pick.  Eventually, he has to be one of the top 5 or so players on the field in a given week.  

Otherwise soon you’ll find yourself saying “It was just his 22nd start!  Leave him be!”

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I saw Moore look back today incredulous that Zack missed him that badly.  Moore was wide open and all Zack neede to do was hit him in the numbers.

I also saw Moore drop 2 passes that hit him directly in the hands - this roster doesn’t have the talent or credibility to blame anyone else.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

He deserves his share of the blame but as a rookie qb with a rookie hc, rookie oc and not much overall talent on offense, we knew we were in for a bumpy ride.  But the plan was for the offense to lift wilson not vice versa.

The first few games, sure, the O is supposed to lift Wilson.  And that part has actually gone mostly to plan.  The supporting cast and coaching on O has been fine. 

When a QB gets drafted high, he’s getting drafted to a bad team.  That didn’t stop guys like Herbert or Burrow from showing something right out of the gates.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

He deserves his share of the blame but as a rookie qb with a rookie hc, rookie oc and not much overall talent on offense, we knew we were in for a bumpy ride.  But the plan was for the offense to lift wilson not vice versa.

I was demolished this off season for saying the Pats were a better landing spot for a QB than the Jets. So funny how quickly things turn.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Zach Wilson put up 400 against the Bengals, he’d be the lock starter here for the next ten years.

C’mon Tommy. You’re better than this.

None of White’s 45 attempts traveled more than 15 air yards and he finished with the second-most yards on short passing attempts (throws fewer than nine air yards) in a game since 2016 with 263 yards, according to NextGen Stats. His 3.733 air yards per attempt was the second-fewest in a 400-yard performance since Philip Rivers’ 3.732 in 2015, per The AP’s Josh Dubow.

• Upvote 1

The first few games, sure, the O is supposed to lift Wilson.  And that part has actually gone mostly to plan.  The supporting cast and coaching on O has been fine. 

When a QB gets drafted high, he’s getting drafted to a bad team.  That didn’t stop guys like Herbert or Burrow from showing something right out of the gates.

There are no flash plays for a QB. Only flash games. Zach has a couple more weeks to get one.

• Upvote 3