Jump to content

Mike White would have won today


Blackout
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And even more throws that just about any QB can make that Wilson couldn’t.  

Right, but i'm operating under the belief that Wilson will be able to correct those issues. If he can't, then that's a different story. 

I didn't look at him as a QB coming out of college who had accuracy concerns. It least that's not what was in anything I read. Of course you never know how some guys are going to adjust to the NFL game. So I guess we will see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the first time in my internet life, I’m gonna start doing some schtick.  I am going to be the biggest anti Mike White poster this world has ever seen.  May even open a 2nd account.
ThinWhiteLine
WhiteWashed
IronlessMike
Hilltopper Hillbilly
Those are some of the new screen names I’m workshopping.
See you all on the other side.  I may never be the same again.
Can I suggest WhiteDogSh!t?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

For the first time in my internet life, I’m gonna start doing some schtick.  I am going to be the biggest anti Mike White poster this world has ever seen.  May even open a 2nd account.

ThinWhiteLine

WhiteWashed

IronlessMike

Hilltopper Hillbilly

Those are some of the new screen names I’m workshopping.

See you all on the other side.  I may never be the same again.

It doesn't count unless you post a Nicoesque goodbye thread with this username.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I'm sorry but I have seen some horrendous INTs from Mike White. For all we know, against this very much solid secondary he would have thrown multiple picks. 

You saw some horrendous INT's from Mike White on his third start (only second full game) against one of the best D's in the league while down 30+ points because, well, our defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

You saw some horrendous INT's from Mike White on his third start (only second full game) against one of the best D's in the league while down 30+ points because, well, our defense.

Here's the thing -- if you're comparing Wilson with White mistake-by-mistake, you're kinda making the opposite point you think you're making.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

For the first time in my internet life, I’m gonna start doing some schtick.  I am going to be the biggest anti Mike White poster this world has ever seen.  May even open a 2nd account.

ThinWhiteLine

WhiteWashed

IronlessMike

Hilltopper Hillbilly

Those are some of the new screen names I’m workshopping.

See you all on the other side.  I may never be the same again.

 

image.gif.d882c2bfb5ce5f3460b03fabb4b9cb65.gif

become my apprentice! Learn to use the dark side of the internet and together we will crush the Mike White insurgency and rule the galaxy!  
 

All Mike White fans are now enemies of the state 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No one was going to deny the 'Stache today. Minshew arguably beat out Lawrence in camp but golden boys gonna golden, and all. He honestly believes he belongs in this league as a starter. And when we're talking about the top 0.001% of humans who can throw an oblate spheroid, mentality is the key differentiator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

Here's the thing -- if you're comparing Wilson with White mistake-by-mistake, you're kinda making the opposite point you think you're making.

No I'm not.  Someone said he threw bad INT's.  He threw two bad one's in one game that he was already down 30 points.

What is Zach's excuse?  I have been one preaching patience, but today's performance in the second half was downright sad.  For a QB who was touted as extremely accurate, he is just the opposite. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

No I'm not.  Someone said he threw bad INT's.  He threw two bad one's in one game that he was already down 30 points.

What is Zach's excuse?  I have been one preaching patience, but today's performance in the second half was downright sad.  For a QB who was touted as extremely accurate, he is just the opposite. 

Oh, I agree. Just saying comparing a journeyman nobody to the #2 overall is not a good look for Zach.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mike White doesn't have the arm strength to make a ton of throws Zach made today. They take the underneath stuff away and he would not have done much. Zach showed his elite talent today. He just got very few chances in the second half because the D couldn't stop anything. If people on this board don't understand how good Zach can be, I don't know what you're watching. Without Cory Davis at 100% and with no TE and no Carter, it's not like this talent group is above average. They are meh after Moore and Crowder.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not believe in Wilson, yet at least, and I was not an advocate of taking him at 2.  

However, he flashed today.  Of course he has some bad plays, but you can see the talent.  

 

Now, does he have the intelligence and drive to be a franchise QB.....?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hawk said:

I do not believe in Wilson, yet at least, and I was not an advocate of taking him at 2.  

However, he flashed today.  Of course he has some bad plays, but you can see the talent.  

 

Now, does he have the intelligence and drive to be a franchise QB.....?

He's an NFL QB. 99% of them have talent except for the occasional Luke Falk or Hackenberg who is quickly ushered out of the league. There are no flash plays for a QB. Only flash games. Consistency is the top QB talent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

He's an NFL QB. 99% of them have talent except for the occasional Luke Falk or Hackenberg who is quickly ushered out of the league. There are no flash plays for a QB. Only flash games. Consistency is the top QB talent.

Ok.

I will give any QB a few games to acclimate to a new level.  I believe that they deserve that to establish any form of consistency.  Thank you though.

We can agree to disagree on our definition of flashing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

Ok.

I will give any QB a few games to acclimate to a new level.  I believe that they deserve that to establish any form of consistency.  Thank you though.

We can agree to disagree on our definition of flashing.

I agree Zach should (and will) get more games. Not giving up on him. But if the rest of his games are extrapolations of what he's done so far... no bueno. Bring in a legit QB2 next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I agree.  Wilson missed wide open guys today.  
 

I cannot believe how inaccurate he is…

Not to mention even on short passes his receivers have to adjust to catch the ball . While he did good in the first half his throws were still suspect . He did have some nice throws but some nice throws is not going to get it done in the NFL he stunk in the second half . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Mike White doesn't have the arm strength to make a ton of throws Zach made today. They take the underneath stuff away and he would not have done much. Zach showed his elite talent today. He just got very few chances in the second half because the D couldn't stop anything. If people on this board don't understand how good Zach can be, I don't know what you're watching. Without Cory Davis at 100% and with no TE and no Carter, it's not like this talent group is above average. They are meh after Moore and Crowder.

So, Mike White doesn't have the arm strength to make a ton of throws Zach made, but Zach missed his receivers by a mile.  Got it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Mike White doesn't have the arm strength to make a ton of throws Zach made today. They take the underneath stuff away and he would not have done much. Zach showed his elite talent today. He just got very few chances in the second half because the D couldn't stop anything. If people on this board don't understand how good Zach can be, I don't know what you're watching. Without Cory Davis at 100% and with no TE and no Carter, it's not like this talent group is above average. They are meh after Moore and Crowder.

We really need a drinking game for every time someone invokes the "no weaponinzinz" excuse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...