Jump to content

Mike White would have won today


Blackout
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Mike White is still a thing, huh?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

Mike White will remain a thing here until another Jet QB puts up 400 yds with 3 TD's.  Actually give us 300 yards and Mike White may go away.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zach was decent today. What so many seem to be overlooking is the Eagles DOMINATED the time of position.  It is hard to get anything going when you get the ball just once or so in the entire third quarter (also good part of the second quarter on the sidelines) and then don't see it again for another 4-5 minutes.     The defense just could not get off the field.   It is hard for any offense to get any consistency when they are rarely on the field. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The Eagles scored on their first seven possessions. They didn't punt until there was 1:54 left in the game.

Zach Wilson has deserved plenty of criticism but Tom Brady doesn't win this game.

Even Saleh, who has defended his horrible defense all year, said after the game that Wilson played really well in the first half and that the defense gave him no chance in the 3rd quarter. 

Wilson deserves tons of blame this year, but last week was one of the few times he walked onto the field with good field position after the Berrios return. And guess what, we scored a TD. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You mean like throwing for 2TDS and running another one in? 

If the Jets had a bad defense (not all time worst defense) the Jets win yesterday with the way Wilson played. 

  

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The Eagles scored on their first seven possessions. They didn't punt until there was 1:54 left in the game.

Zach Wilson has deserved plenty of criticism but Tom Brady doesn't win this game.

 

Oh please.  18 points (or 21 if you want to blame the kicker) doesn't win many NFL games.  I get that the defense couldn't get off the field but he had plenty of possessions to make something happen in that 4th quarter.  He couldn't.  Shut out.  

And again.  Its not about W's and L's, despite the title of this thread.  It wasn't last week and it wasn't this week.  At least not for me.  It's about how Wilson plays.  He sucked last week and he sucked in the 2nd half of this week.  2 quarters out of 8 where your QB plays well doesn't cut it.  

But if we really need to talk W's and L's, then if you're going to credit Wilson for last week's win like so many here did, you can't blame everybody else but Wilson for losing yesterday.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

  

 

Oh please.  18 points (or 21 if you want to blame the kicker) doesn't win many NFL games.  I get that the defense couldn't get off the field but he had plenty of possessions to make something happen in that 4th quarter.  He couldn't.  Shut out.  

And again.  Its not about W's and L's, despite the title of this thread.  It wasn't last week and it wasn't this week.  At least not for me.  It's about how Wilson plays.  He sucked last week and he sucked in the 2nd half of this week.  2 quarters out of 8 where your QB plays well doesn't cut it.  

But if we really need to talk W's and L's, then if you're going to credit Wilson for last week's win like so many here did, you can't blame everybody else but Wilson for losing yesterday.

If he puts up 2 TDs passes and 1 rushing TD every week the rest of the year with 1 INT we will all be very happy. Whether that all happens in the first quarter or throughout the game. That's on pace for 48 TDs for an entire 16 game seasons. 

But hey, he didn't score the 1 time he touched the ball in the 3rd qtr so OMG he sucks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If he puts up 2 TDs passes and 1 rushing TD every week the rest of the year with 1 INT we will all be very happy. Whether that all happens in the first quarter or throughout the game. That's on pace for 48 TDs for an entire 16 game seasons. 

But hey, he didn't score the 1 time he touched the ball in the 3rd qtr so OMG he sucks. 

That's an enormous if.  Meanwhile, this was his BEST game of his pro career, and he barely cleared 200 yards passing and 6.0 YPA.  

He deserves credit for leading those 3 TD drives (though you have to be willing to give Braxton Berrios a big assist for giving Wilson a short field on that first one, which no one here seems to remember all of a sudden).  But you're setting awfully low bar if this is what you believe an NFL QB looks like. 

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction and he only gets better from here.  Otherwise there's not a whole lot to be excited about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

That's an enormous if.  Meanwhile, this was his BEST game of his pro career, and he barely cleared 200 yards passing and 6.0 YPA.  

He deserves credit for leading those 3 TD drives.  But you're setting awfully low bar if this is what you believe an NFL QB looks like.  

I still think the Titans game is the best of his career.   I don't think any progress was made unless he puts up a similar or better performance next week.  He has to show some consistency.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's an enormous if.  Meanwhile, this was his BEST game of his pro career, and he barely cleared 200 yards passing and 6.0 YPA.  

He deserves credit for leading those 3 TD drives.  But you're setting awfully low bar if this is what you believe an NFL QB looks like.  

That's an enormous if?

Let me simplify this for you. 

If a QB passes for 2 Tds and runs for 1 TD and has 1 TO, is that a good game or not? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Zach was decent today. What so many seem to be overlooking is the Eagles DOMINATED the time of position.  It is hard to get anything going when you get the ball just once or so in the entire third quarter (also good part of the second quarter on the sidelines) and then don't see it again for another 4-5 minutes.     The defense just could not get off the field.   It is hard for any offense to get any consistency when they are rarely on the field. 

Zach Wilson's first possession of the 3rd quarter:  3 and out.

Zach Wilson's 2nd possession, in the 4th quarter:  6-play, 32 yard drive ending in interception.

 

No, its not easy to "get anything going" when your opponent dominates possession.  That doesn't excuse Wilson's play.  

And as bad as the defense was yesterday, at least they held the Eagles to 3 FG's and a punt in the 2nd half.  This game may not have been winnable but it could have been a lot closer.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's an enormous if?

Let me simplify this for you. 

If a QB passes for 2 Tds and runs for 1 TD and has 1 TO, is that a good game or not? 

No, its not if 3 TD's is all an offense produces.  Again, 21 points doesn't win a lot of NFL games.  

And I don't expected Braxton Berrios to assist Wilson in handing him a 70+ yard kick return again any time soon, either.

And what is your confusion with calling it an "enormous if"?  We've only seen Wilson look like a pro QB twice this year:   The Titans game and one half of football yesterday.  Odds are he's going to have more rough play ahead than positive play unless he makes significant strides in his development.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

  

 

Oh please.  18 points (or 21 if you want to blame the kicker) doesn't win many NFL games.  I get that the defense couldn't get off the field but he had plenty of possessions to make something happen in that 4th quarter.  He couldn't.  Shut out.  

And again.  Its not about W's and L's, despite the title of this thread.  It wasn't last week and it wasn't this week.  At least not for me.  It's about how Wilson plays.  He sucked last week and he sucked in the 2nd half of this week.  2 quarters out of 8 where your QB plays well doesn't cut it.  

But if we really need to talk W's and L's, then if you're going to credit Wilson for last week's win like so many here did, you can't blame everybody else but Wilson for losing yesterday.

Don’t forget the first TD came on a 20 yard “drive” thanks to the Berrios kick return. COUGH

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, its not if 3 TD's is all an offense produces.  Again, 21 points doesn't win a lot of NFL games.  

And I don't expected Braxton Berrios to assist Wilson in handing him a 70+ yard kick return again any time soon, either.

And what is your confusion with calling it an "enormous if"?  We've only seen Wilson look like a pro QB twice this year:   The Titans game and one half of football yesterday.  Odds are he's going to have more rough play ahead than positive play unless he makes significant strides in his development.

I love how you make it sound like a crime for Wilson to get good field position once this season. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love how you make it sound like a crime for Wilson to get good field position once this season. 

I can play this game too:  I love how you make it sound like Wilson marched this team down the field 3 times like its an enormous achievement in the NFL.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, jgb said:

Love the Uncle Rico references. You just solidified my Netflix choice for tonight.

Ironically, Minshew has a peashooter. But he's scrappy, smart, and doesn't make a ton of mistakes. He does fumble way too much, but as a thrower, he's the anti-Wilson. They would've made an excellent complimentary pair. I hope it still happens in the off season but one more performance like today and he's going somewhere as a starter :( 

That would be the Eagles this year, if they’re smart.

Minshew being the starter, and Hurts having a package or two, akin to what the Saints did with Brees and Hill, gives them their best chance to make the playoffs imo.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 Oh please.  18 points (or 21 if you want to blame the kicker) doesn't win many NFL games.  I get that the defense couldn't get off the field but he had plenty of possessions to make something happen in that 4th quarter.  He couldn't.  Shut out.  

I'm not going to act like Wilson had a good second half but you're basically disregarding all context.

The Jets scored three touchdowns on their first three possessions. They were only stopped once in the first half but were down 24-18 (should have been 24-21, as you pointed out) which is obviously terrible given that most teams that score three TDs to start the game are playing with a lead.

The second half started with a 14 play drive that chewed up 8:22. Quick three and out by the Jets (admittedly, exactly what the doctor didn't order.) Eagles then have a 13 play drive that chews up another 6:13

An entire quarter has gone by where the Jets have only run three plays -- tough for the offense to get into a rhythm when they've run three plays in 90 mins of real time.

Zach had a bad second half but the defense was unquestionably, by any measure, to anyone with a set of eyes and a pulse, the reason we lost the game. 

You even claim that 18 points won't win you the game without acknowledging we were stopped on downs when we clearly would have scored again had the game not already been out of hand because we couldn't stop them a single time -- and yes, teams can win with 24 points of offense scored by their rookie QB.

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And again.  Its not about W's and L's, despite the title of this thread.  It wasn't last week and it wasn't this week.  At least not for me.  It's about how Wilson plays.  He sucked last week and he sucked in the 2nd half of this week.  2 quarters out of 8 where your QB plays well doesn't cut it.  

But if we really need to talk W's and L's, then if you're going to credit Wilson for last week's win like so many here did, you can't blame everybody else but Wilson for losing yesterday.

I doubt you're really talking to me but since you quoted me -- Zach Wilson sucked last week and clearly wasn't the reason we won. A second half shutout against a dreadful offense and a solid rushing effort is why we won that game.

That said, give me a loss where Wilson plays well over a win where he sucks. He looked more like a real NFL QB in the first half of this game than any other game so far which isn't saying much but is something to build on.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

That would be the Eagles this year, if they’re smart.

Minshew being the starter, and Hurts having a package or two, gives them their best chance to win.

I agree. If you are Howie Roseman, Minshew sucks. Take the 5th JD hopefully offers and tout how you flipped Suckshew for a profit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm not going to act like Wilson had a good second half but you're basically disregarding all context.

The Jets scored three touchdowns on their first three possessions. They were only stopped once in the first half but were down 24-18 (should have been 24-21, as you pointed out) which is obviously terrible given that most teams that score three TDs to start the game are playing with a lead.

The second half started with a 14 play drive that chewed up 8:22. Quick three and out by the Jets (admittedly, exactly what the doctor didn't order.) Eagles then have a 13 play drive that chews up another 6:13

An entire quarter has gone by where the Jets have only run three plays -- tough for the offense to get into a rhythm when they've run three plays in 90 mins of real time.

Zach had a bad second half but the defense was unquestionably, by any measure, to anyone with a set of eyes and a pulse, the reason we lost the game. 

You even claim that 18 points won't win you the game without acknowledging we were stopped on downs when we clearly would have scored again had the game not already been out of hand because we couldn't stop them a single time -- and yes, teams can win with 24 points of offense scored by their rookie QB.

I doubt you're really talking to me but since you quoted me -- Zach Wilson sucked last week and clearly wasn't the reason we won. A second half shutout against a dreadful offense and a solid rushing effort is why we won that game.

That said, give me a loss where Wilson plays well over a win where he sucks. He looked more like a real NFL QB in the first half of this game than any other game so far which isn't saying much but is something to build on.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

One heart and mind at a time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The second half started with a 14 play drive that chewed up 8:22. Quick three and out by the Jets (admittedly, exactly what the doctor didn't order.) Eagles then have a 13 play drive that chews up another 6:13

The three and out featured another one of Wilson's "wild misses" (drops) that hit Coleman in the facemask. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The three and out featured another one of Wilson's "wild misses" (drops) that hit Coleman in the facemask. 

If you're going to have selective amnesia about all the times Wilson has thrown off-target passes that were caught by his receivers, these takes really shouldn't be taken very seriously.

He's not an accurate passer.  Period.  Maybe he'll become one.  But for now he rarely puts the ball in the best place for his receivers, or misses them entirely.  It's a problem.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you're going to have selective amnesia about all the times Wilson has thrown off-target passes that were caught by his receivers, these takes really shouldn't be taken very seriously.

He's not an accurate passer.  Period.  Maybe he'll become one.  But for now he rarely puts the ball in the best place for his receivers, or misses them entirely.  It's a problem.  

I never said he was an accurate passer. But there were folks here blaming Wilson for most of the drops yesterday and one even referred to the Moore drop as a "wild miss" on Wilson's part. I have had fun with those silly takes and will continue to do so . . . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 2:41 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach Wilson's first possession of the 3rd quarter:  3 and out.

Zach Wilson's 2nd possession, in the 4th quarter:  6-play, 32 yard drive ending in interception.

 

No, its not easy to "get anything going" when your opponent dominates possession.  That doesn't excuse Wilson's play.  

And as bad as the defense was yesterday, at least they held the Eagles to 3 FG's and a punt in the 2nd half.  This game may not have been winnable but it could have been a lot closer.  

And that is my point. He only got two positions in over a quarter of football in the second half.  Sure he could have played better.  He might have too if had a few more possessions.  Not making any excuses for when he was on the field, just saying he wasn't the field very much in the second half until several minutes into the fourth quarter.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 9:55 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

If you're going to have selective amnesia about all the times Wilson has thrown off-target passes that were caught by his receivers, these takes really shouldn't be taken very seriously.

He's not an accurate passer.  Period.  Maybe he'll become one.  But for now he rarely puts the ball in the best place for his receivers, or misses them entirely.  It's a problem.  

Drops are the red lights you hit. We all remember those vividly. Bail-out catches are the green lights you sail through. No one remembers those.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...