Mike White would have won today

Blackout

On 12/6/2021 at 1:34 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

That's an enormous if.  Meanwhile, this was his BEST game of his pro career, and he barely cleared 200 yards passing and 6.0 YPA.  

He deserves credit for leading those 3 TD drives (though you have to be willing to give Braxton Berrios a big assist for giving Wilson a short field on that first one, which no one here seems to remember all of a sudden).  But you're setting awfully low bar if this is what you believe an NFL QB looks like. 

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction and he only gets better from here.  Otherwise there's not a whole lot to be excited about.

Maybe if I make a "Wilson Stinks" thread he will Improve like Carter did while i rack up the Neg Rep I do it out of love, love for my NY Jets/And for the fans of course as well

• Haha 3

On 12/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Now do this one:  Since the Ty Law rule came into effect in 2005, what's a team's winning percentage when they produce 21 points of offense?

Probably pretty good given every team in the NFL also gets points from a running back and points by the defense.

How about this, if he has 2 TD pass per game thats 32 for a 16 game season.  A Jets record.  If he adds in another 16 scores on the ground brings the total to 58 TDs.  Another Jets record.  Both numbers we would be happy to have

On 12/8/2021 at 8:48 PM, Smashmouth said:

Maybe if I make a "Wilson Stinks" thread he will Improve like Carter did while i rack up the Neg Rep I do it out of love, love for my NY Jets/And for the fans of course as well

Do it! Nothing to lose Zach can’t really get worse. 

14 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

LMAO

The defense kept this game within reach for 3-3.5 quarters.  It was a 13-6 game heading into the 4th quarter.

When your offense has 7 drives that last 5 plays or less, that's going to impact how the defense performs late in the contest.  

And when no one believes in the QB, no one is going to put in maximum effort.  Even if the defense had allowed the Saints to score 0 points in the 2nd half, this would still have been a Loss.  That's how poorly the Zach Wilson-led offense performed today.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The defense kept this game within reach for 3-3.5 quarters.  It was a 13-6 game heading into the 4th quarter.

When your offense has 7 drives that last 5 plays or less, that's going to impact how the defense performs late in the contest.  

And when no one believes in the QB, no one is going to put in maximum effort.  Even if the defense had allowed the Saints to score 0 points in the 2nd half, this would still have been a Loss.  That's how bad the Zach Wilson-led offense performed today.  

I must say, the Saints defense is pretty good when healthy, and they were healthy. This is the same team that held GB to a field goal and intercepted Rodgers twice. 

That said, the eye test reveals that this was more than a 'good defense' type of story.  It's clear Zach's throws were horrible, and the good ones were commonly dropped. This game was bound to be a loss, and yet Wilson just made it even worse

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And when no one believes in the QB, no one is going to put in maximum effort.  Even if the defense had allowed the Saints to score 0 points in the 2nd half, this would still have been a Loss.  That's how poorly the Zach Wilson-led offense performed today.  

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Upvote 2

• 10 months later...