Thank you, Joe Douglas. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If you are judging strictly off of talent on the roster, including injured guys, where would you say this roster ranks in the last 10 years?  I’d say pretty high.  Top half for sure.

We are good QB play away from having a competitive offense. I mean look what happened in the first half of this game. The "no weaponz" excuse is tired and lame.

This should be seen as wildly positive -- one piece away! But instead, people circle the wagons around Zach and blame everyone else on the team and call me the negative one.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If JD spent all his available money, the Jets would have been 7-10, 8-9 at best. You can thank Mike Maccagnan for this mess. We are still paying for Trumaine Johnson, Le'Veon Bell, Sam Darnold, Quincy Enunwa, Kelechi Osemele, and Henry Anderson.

JD is NOT without blame, but this mess is far from his fault. 2022 will be the first season that no longer STANKS like Maccagnan. I won't even bang Macc for Mosely's ridiculous contract.  

And when JD is fired in a few years, the next guy will get a three year pass titled "It's all JD's fault, how can you expect {New Guy} to do anything when we're still whatever, whatever".

This meme has been rolling for ages now.  Blame the last guy for why three years in this guy sucks and still can't find a f'ing KICKER FFS.

We're literally a team who can't kick FG's or EP's, even if we wanted to do so.  After three years.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'm certain other team's fans find it absolutely hilarious though.

So did the coverage on TV, mocking repeatedly the stream of early Jets Fans departures from MetLife, in a way I very VERY rarely ever see other teams called out for.

We're a f'ing joke a'right, to everyone.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Dont forget. 

The ENTIRE AFC East is in the playoff hunt right now. 

Except for JDs Jets. 

And nobody with any football knowledge expected the Jets to contend, even before the slew of injuries decimated an already thin roster. You live in a football fantasy land if you think this team was ready to contend this season. Replacing the coach, GM , and QB every season or two is a great strategy for building a winner. These posts got old weeks ago. Now they are ridiculous. Waaah. I want to win nowwww!  Why doesn’t Saleh yell at someone or bench someone. Why doesn’t Douglas hit on every draft pick? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Warfish said:

And when JD is fired in a few years, the next guy will get a three year pass titled "It's all JD's fault, how can you expect {New Guy} to do anything when we're still whatever, whatever".

This meme has been rolling for ages now.  Blame the last guy for why three years in this guy sucks and still can't find a f'ing KICKER FFS.

We're literally a team who can't kick FG's or EP's, even if we wanted to do so.  After three years.  

When your predecessor was as awful as Macc, you get a pass for not rebuilding the franchise in TWO off-seasons. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Warfish said:

So did the coverage on TV, mocking repeatedly the stream of early Jets Fans departures from MetLife, in a way I very VERY rarely ever see other teams called out for.

We're a f'ing joke a'right, to everyone.

Yeah, that was ridiculous.  I don't blame a single person who left, but I can't ever think of an instance of seeing that actually broadcast on TV.

Hell, you'd think NFL/CBS wouldn't want to be actively encouraging people to not watch the game, yet apparently they figured that was the most entertaining thing to show at that point, which is just sad.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

And nobody with any football knowledge expected the Jets to contend, even before the slew of injuries decimated an already thin roster. You live in a football fantasy land if you think this team was ready to contend this season. Replacing the coach, GM , and QB every season or two is a great strategy for building a winner. These posts got old weeks ago. Now they are ridiculous. Waaah. I want to win nowwww!  Why doesn’t Saleh yell at someone or bench someone. Why doesn’t Douglas hit on every draft pick? 

Some of us clearly have higher expectations. 

17 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

What were you expecting? A playoff team? Take a look at the defense. 3/4 of the starting DL was out today. Both starting safeties are out. A rookie and 2 second year guys are the starting corners. 
The defense will be completely overhauled this off-season. Bring in an off ball lb, a safety like Marcus Williams or Jessie bates, and draft an outside corner and another edge. Mosley does not fit into a 4-3 but jd is handcuffed with his contract. 

the offense is showing signs of progress. Moore looks like a solid #2, carter will be a solid back for 3 more years. The OL is in the top half of the league. Wilson is coming together and makes some incredible throws. 

add another WR, 2 TEs, og, and a backup RT. 

This team will be in the wild card hunt next year. 

you’ve obviously been jaded by the past ineptitude by the previous regimes. This is the first time that I can remember that they aren’t putting a Bandaid team together to scrape together 6-7 wins with no sights on the future. Sure it sucks right now, but based on last years draft with the current CS and scouting department (which wasn’t here for the 2020 draft) things are heading in the right direction.  

The defense will be completely overhauled in one offseason? 

Okay.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Look on the bright side, it's always year one of Teh Rebuild.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, that was ridiculous.  I don't blame a single person who left, but I can't ever think of an instance of seeing that actually broadcast on TV.

Hell, you'd think NFL/CBS wouldn't want to be actively encouraging people to not watch the game, yet apparently they figured that was the most entertaining thing to show at that point, which is just sad.

Historically, TV has shown fans leaving during bad games.  Over the decades, I have seen this not only with the Jet broadcast but other games as well.   It's a cheap shot by the game director.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

We are good QB play away from having a competitive offense. I mean look what happened in the first half of this game. The "no weaponz" excuse is tired and lame.

This should be seen as wildly positive -- one piece away! But instead, people circle the wagons around Zach and blame everyone else on the team and call me the negative one.

I definitely think this offense is very close to being too 15 talent wise. Getting a TE or 2 is crucial. IF Zach can play like a top 15 qb next year then this offense will be doing very well. The defense on the other hand is terrible and many assets need to be put into it. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Buddy no offence but this is right along the same lines as what @SAR I was posting about Adam Gase’s Jets.

There is a pretty wide middle ground between  a playoff team and where the Jets are. We are the most dominated team in the league - If you look past the record we are every bit as bad as the worst. The Lions have won less games, but the difference in our records is a 60 yard kick being made by the Ravens (which shouldn’t have counted) and a 49 yard miss by Tennessee. And we can’t really talk about injuries when one of our three wins came against the most crippled team in sports.

You say the defence will be overhauled like that’s going to be easy or like the offence is good enough that we can afford to focus on that side of the ball. We have tried these overhauls before with little to no success. Our acquisitions under Douglas have largely been atrocious. We’ve have maybe three good picks over two drafts. We’be had serious opportunities to bring talent in and we haven’t done it. 

Ee will not be competing for playoffs next year. We’re so far away and the QB looks so much worse than anyone could have imagined. Times are not good.

The youngest Jets fans who remember our last SB appearance/win are collecting Social Security. You just need to show patience!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I definitely think this offense is very close to being too 15 talent wise. Getting a TE or 2 is crucial. IF Zach can play like a top 15 qb next year then this offense will be doing very well. The defense on the other hand is terrible and many assets need to be put into it. 

Thank you. The man speaketh the truth.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Historically, TV has shown fans leaving during bad games.  Over the decades, I have seen this not only with the Jet broadcast but other games as well.   It's a cheap shot by the game director.

Still seems really stupid though.  More than anything has to make you think, "these folks are right, what else is on?"

• Upvote 1

Maybe we use that crazy thing this instance called TIME to allow a system to come together and blossom.  NO ONE SAYS "It's really tear 4 of the rebuild" SO STOP THINKING ANYONE IN POWER GIVES A sh*t ABOUT THAT.  TO THEM THIS IS YEAR 1.  HARD STOP. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Getting an edge, lb, safety, and CB isn’t that bad with 9 draft picks (most in the first 3 rounds) and 50+ mil 

What’s the % chance that each new player will actually start and make a difference? Jets fans like to live on “the team on paper” and draft pick accumulation. 

51 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas is the best, young gm in the league and will have the NYJ one of the best teams in the league in 2023.  Its not his fault u think we should win in year 1 of a rebuild.

Wait, so you mean to tell me the Jets were trying to be playoff contenders and not rebuilding when Gase was their coach? Wouldn’t have guessed that.. 

All jokes aside, it seems like the Jets have been rebuilding since 2011. So, sad how bad this team has been at drafting up until recently. 

37 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

LOL

How delusional do you have to be not to see how bad things are with the Jets?

We’re f*cking terrible and showing no signs of progress. If you want to act like a televangelist and say everything is good, just have faith then go ahead but don’t pretend that people living in reality are putting on an act. The Jets are horrible and will be for a while. 

It’s a total rebuild with a new coaching staff and rookie QB. You don’t give up on it in year 1 and start over. Yes it’s bad and hard to watch but this is what needed to be done. If it doesn’t improve next year you’ll get your wish, just like after Gase’s 2 years. You can’t fire everyone every year or two, we’ve all seen how that works. 

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

We’ve have maybe three good picks over two drafts. 

This statement alone is a tell tale sign of your misery without facts schtick. 

AVT has been playing very well

michael carter is playing very well

michael carter II is playing very well

bryce hall is playing very well

zach Wilson made serious progress this game and looks to have a much better season than any other rookie qb  besides jones if this continues. 

Becton played very well last season 

the 2020 class was during a covid year which made the scouting process extremely difficult . Entire conferences opted out of entire seasons and half seasons. Individual players opted out. There were no pro days. Players could have an extra year of eligibility. The draft class was cut in half from the usual classes. 

the jets scouting department were mostly leftovers from macs era. They were drafting for completely different schemes on both offense (inside zone vs outside zone) and defense (3-4 vs 4-3) 

pair that with all the trash that was left behind like bell, gase, darnold, adams, etc

the 2021 draft class that he’s had far exceeds the usual hit rate on most teams. This is also the first year. Guys like Marshall will replace shep, hamsah and Sherwood are changing positions. 

Take a step back for a minute and open your eyes to what’s actually happening. 

• Sympathy 1