Jump to content

Thank you, Joe Douglas. Thank you.


freestater
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach played better today and we lost which keeps us at the top of the draft.  Woody, Joe and Robert are smiling from ear to ear.  Best case scenario happened today jet fans.  See the big picture.  Today was a massive win for this franchise.

No one is smiling. Except Nick Folk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zach played better today and we lost which keeps us at the top of the draft.  Woody, Joe and Robert are smiling from ear to ear.  Best case scenario happened today jet fans.  See the big picture.  Today was a massive win for this franchise.


Good teams and good GMs find good players all over the draft. Bad teams, bad coaches and bad teams dont. Its pretty simple to understand. No one was smiling from the Jets today.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple of solid players in the 2021 draft doesn’t mean we are “hEaDeD iN tEh rIghT dIreCtIoN!!”. Virtually every move Joe Douglas has made has been failure.
 

We are one of the worst teams in the league, with one of the worst rosters even with everyone healthy. Firing him wouldn’t mean starting over, we are at the bottom with no signs of this team becoming “good” next year. Sad but true. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

A couple of solid players in the 2021 draft doesn’t mean we are “hEaDeD iN tEh rIghT dIreCtIoN!!”. Virtually every move Joe Douglas has made has been failure.
 

We are one of the worst teams in the league, with one of the worst rosters even with everyone healthy. Firing him wouldn’t mean starting over, we are at the bottom with no signs of this team becoming “good” next year. Sad but true. 

Corey Davis signing looks like a bust too. He took a gamble on an injury prone player in Lawson and got burnt. Player the Bengals replaced him with also in FA has 10.5 sacks.

Douglas has been underwhelming as a GM. The team isnt showing any real progress. The team was not supposed to be great this year, but 3-9 and mostly lifeless...it's probably time for a change.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Corey Davis signing looks like a bust too. He took a gamble on an injury prone player in Lawson and got burnt. Player the Bengals replaced him with also in FA has 10.5 sacks.

Douglas has been underwhelming as a GM. The team isnt showing any real progress. The team was not supposed to be great this year, but 3-9 and mostly lifeless...it's probably time for a change.

We tried to warn them about Davis... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

AVT really isn't playing that well. He's tailed off horribly in recent weeks:

It isn't my "schtick" causing me to downplay what AVT has done it's your bias that's sticking to this narrative that he's been great when he really hasn't been. He may turn out to be good, he better be given what we gave up for him. They are more than a few interior linemen taken later in the draft who are outplaying him and Christian Darrisaw has received rave reviews of late - The guy Minnesota took with the pick we gave to trade up. I would say the jury is very much still out on whether AVT was worth giving up two 3rd rounders, especially given the holes we have all over the roster. 

The Carters have been fine. Nothing exceptional. Everyone knew the RB was a steal in the 4th but he's a running back and it's essentially a worthless position.  Moore looks a star and Hall has been a real find. 

Saying Wilson has looked good or shown progress in any sense is just frankly embarrassing. He's looked exactly what a guy who burns out of the league quickly looks like. No composure, no accuracy - He doesn't look like he belongs in the NFL and if that is the case it makes every other pick Douglas' makes moot. It will set us back 3 years at least.

Becton can't get on the field. Everyone knew when the 4-8 week prognosis came out that he'd never make it back in that timeframe, which says a lot about him. He was absolutely destroyed in camp. There's as many red flags as there are positive signs. We passed on Tristan Wirfs - Who's started his career like a Hall Of Famer. Already a top 10 tackle in the league.

Everyone dealt with Covid just like everyone deals with injuries. It's not an excuse. 

You cannot keep harking back to Mac when it comes to the Jets' issues. This is Douglas' roster now and it's still very bad. It's his hand picked coach that is overseeing a historically bad defence. It's his hand picked QB that looks worse than any starter in the league. I think you've gone well beyond the "glass half full" mentality and are seeing improvements that simply are not there. Getting rid of Darnold and Gase doesn't matter if we replace them with guys who aren't up to it. 

 

AVT is currently graded higher than Quinten Nelson who by many is regarded as the best G in the entire league for what it’s worth. 
 

i haven’t watched darrisaw, but coming out he was a LT, he may or may not have switched to G I’m not sure. 
 

wilson has definitely made progress. In what world is 200+ yards with 3tds and 1 int a bad game? He’s improved his passing in short yardage. There were at least 3 drops this game also that would have added 

 

I just sat down at a restaurant so I’ll come back later 

4D4680A0-94B6-4125-B065-FA7F649D20F0.png

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

AVT is currently graded higher than Quinten Nelson who by many is regarded as the best G in the entire league for what it’s worth. 
 

i haven’t watched darrisaw, but coming out he was a LT, he may or may not have switched to G I’m not sure. 
 

wilson has definitely made progress. In what world is 200+ yards with 3tds and 1 int a bad game? He’s improved his passing in short yardage. There were at least 3 drops this game also that would have added 

 

I just sat down at a restaurant so I’ll come back later 

4D4680A0-94B6-4125-B065-FA7F649D20F0.png

Nelson performing well below his standard has no reflection on AVT at all. He's dealing with multiple injuries.

Darrisaw isn't a guard but given Becton's current status it's not like we're all set there either. The point was there were other options available to us and AVT has yet to prove he was worth it. He may yet but there's a long way to go. 

There was also two dropped INT's. Some of the drops were Wilson forcing far better catches than they ever needed to be. He's still missing routine throws routinely and he's still not seeing underneath coverage when he locks onto receivers, which is pretty often. Guys are getting wide open and have been all season. There's no excuse not to produce in his position. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Nelson performing well below his standard has no reflection on AVT at all. He's dealing with multiple injuries.

Darrisaw isn't a guard but given Becton's current status it's not like we're all set there either. The point was there were other options available to us and AVT has yet to prove he was worth it. He may yet but there's a long way to go. 

There was also two dropped INT's. Some of the drops were Wilson forcing far better catches than they ever needed to be. He's still missing routine throws routinely and he's still not seeing underneath coverage when he locks onto receivers, which is pretty often. Guys are getting wide open and have been all season. There's no excuse not to produce in his position. 

You notice how when Minshew rolls out he always keeps the ball cocked and his eyes downfield? Wilson really could've learned a lot from the 'Stache. Real wasted opportunity we didn't use that 6th on him instead of Flacco.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s this one mark Sanchez throw I consider when evaluating any qb. It came against the giants on Xmas eve 2011, and it’s a healthy barometer for sh*t you just cannot do and ever hope to develop into a good quarterback. Now I’ve never actually seen anyone look so hopelessly lost throwing the football on one play since that fateful day ten years ago, until about threw hours ago.

It’s over, wrap it up, Zach is not the guy. 
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 6:45 PM, nickfoshizal said:

There’s this one mark Sanchez throw I consider when evaluating any qb. It came against the giants on Xmas eve 2011, and it’s a healthy barometer for sh*t you just cannot do and ever hope to develop into a good quarterback. Now I’ve never actually seen anyone look so hopelessly lost throwing the football on one play since that fateful day ten years ago, until about threw hours ago.

It’s over, wrap it up, Zach is not the guy. 

Last night. No way he can ever be good.  Wrap it up Pat.

 

https://youtu.be/ZV95XgrG_pA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Last night. No way he can ever be good.  Wrap it up Pat.

 

https://youtu.be/ZV95XgrG_pA

Haha I wish Zach hit his receiver in the hands there instead of throwing it directly into the arms of the safety, I just found it funny how similar the pick was to the one burned into my soul. That being said Brett favre was the king of this pass, and had quite a few that look exactly the same. So I wouldn’t be shocked if Zach ends up good, I just love hyperbole. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 2:54 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

We are going to get a top pass rusher in this draft.  Something we havent had in over 15 years since john Abraham.  And while this player is harassing opposing qbs next year, you can all still be upset about how we lost that meaningless Eagles game last year.

Today is a huge win boys.  Smile!

I think most of us lost that ability years ago

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 3:16 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas is the best, young gm in the league and will have the NYJ one of the best teams in the league in 2023.  Its not his fault u think we should win in year 1 of a rebuild.

Wait, what? Year 1? Isn’t this season 3 for him? 

I guess the better question is, where do you see the rebuild? This is just demolition. We had Izzadik and McCrap do a fine job of that. What, you think Elijah is going to carry this team to SB in 2023? Or maybe JFM will turn this historically garbage unit into an elite one? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, nickfoshizal said:

Haha I wish Zach hit his receiver in the hands there instead of throwing it directly into the arms of the safety, I just found it funny how similar the pick was to the one burned into my soul. That being said Brett favre was the king of this pass, and had quite a few that look exactly the same. So I wouldn’t be shocked if Zach ends up good, I just love hyperbole. 

Yeah, they all throw that one over the head of WR's and it gets INT'd...

Right now Zach is off target far too often though....It's a serious issue - but one I believe will work itself out - if for no other reason than it wasn't a problem in college.

The speed of the game has Zach pressing, that seems pretty clear to me - but as it slows down I want to believe this will clean itself up naturally.  It's going to take time though.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 6:45 PM, nickfoshizal said:

There’s this one mark Sanchez throw I consider when evaluating any qb. It came against the giants on Xmas eve 2011, and it’s a healthy barometer for sh*t you just cannot do and ever hope to develop into a good quarterback. Now I’ve never actually seen anyone look so hopelessly lost throwing the football on one play since that fateful day ten years ago, until about threw hours ago.

It’s over, wrap it up, Zach is not the guy. 

File under Dumb and Dumber

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Last night. No way he can ever be good.  Wrap it up Pat.

 

https://youtu.be/ZV95XgrG_pA

Lamar Jackson must be done too. Had the guy wide open for the 2 points and missed it.

Love these overreactions! "This one play proves a guy will never succeed". :D 

Zach is here this year and next year, probably the year after that ... I guess some posters will be giving up watching until 2024 because it's "over"??

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 6:32 PM, Irish Jet said:

Nelson performing well below his standard has no reflection on AVT at all. He's dealing with multiple injuries.

Darrisaw isn't a guard but given Becton's current status it's not like we're all set there either. The point was there were other options available to us and AVT has yet to prove he was worth it. He may yet but there's a long way to go. 

There was also two dropped INT's. Some of the drops were Wilson forcing far better catches than they ever needed to be. He's still missing routine throws routinely and he's still not seeing underneath coverage when he locks onto receivers, which is pretty often. Guys are getting wide open and have been all season. There's no excuse not to produce in his position. 

Of course there is. He's a rookie. He's making progress.  He played much more confident this last game, looked more comfortable and made a lot of throws he was missing early on.  Progress.  This horrid defense does him NO FAVORS.  And Davis, who was supposed to be his #1 has been practically invisble all year.  Moore and Zach are starting to click.   Yet all you guys do is chirp how he's a bust and dont look at the big picture and the surrounding elements.  Add PIECES:  Defense needs an absolute turnover. Whatever Saleh thinks he's doing needs to be revisited.  On offense, TE, RB, G, C, RT #1 WR and give that a year, then lets see. Yea it's alot but it is what it is.  Its called fielding a competetive roster which we havent had since 2010.  Heck even Darnold looked decent dumping off to McCafferty all game.  Ever watch some of the QB's who struggled badly in their first year?  Troy Aikman was abominable. 

Year Team GP Cmp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Lng Rtg
1989 DAL 11 155 293 52.9 1,749 6.0 9 18 75 55.7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...