Jeff Ulbrich MUST GO!

13 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

Saleh definitely deserves his share of blame too. This is HIS system and he should get more involved with D considering opposing offenses are putting up historic #s and nothing Ulbrich tries works.

Yes, HIS system is at fault, and not the inordinate amount of youth and inexperience of the players.  Put their heads on pikes and burn them.  This will show the world that no one, and I repeat no one will embarrass Jets fans.  Let the hate flow.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Yes, HIS system is at fault, and not the inordinate amount of youth and inexperience of the players.  Put their heads on pikes and burn them.  This will show the world that no one, and I repeat no one will embarrass Jets fans.  Let the hate flow.

Goodfellas GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm laughing at the clowns who want to fire everyone after a bad performance.  The talent level of this team, especially the lack of defensive playmakers is atrocious.  The coaches are still in the mode of preaching discipline to the scheme.  You blaming the coaches for the talent-deficient team is worse than the coach of this talent-deficient unit.  

So is the GM responsible for the talent level of the team being atrocious?  Let me guess it's John Idziks fault or something.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I get the distinct sense that Jet practices are non intense and player friendly..it shows from the product on the field...there's not much learning going on and the lack of preparedness is evident from the first snap...someone in authority needs to lay the hammer down. 

Scene at Jet practice, The defensive drills…

17EDDBC6-8E98-4FF5-9DDA-E3AA191EAB46.jpeg

• Haha 2

Ulbrich is going nowhere.  Again, jet fans just have no clue whats going on here.  This year is about evaluating who is here for the long haul.  None of these coaches are being graded on stats or performance this year.

Why is this so hard for jet fans to understand?  We are throwing guys out there to see how they perform.  We are trying kickers out in live games this year.

This coaching staff is going to be phenomenal when Joe D starts filling out the roster this offseason.

Its too funny jet fans have no clue whats going on and think anyone is getting fired.  Hahahaha.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ulbrich is going nowhere.  Again, jet fans just have no clue whats going on here.  This year is about evaluating who is here for the long haul.  None of these coaches are being graded on stats or performance this year.

Why is this so hard for jet fans to understand?  We are throwing guys out there to see how they perform.  We are trying kickers out in live games this year.

This coaching staff is going to be phenomenal when Joe D starts filling out the roster this offseason.

Its too funny jet fans have no clue whats going on and think anyone is getting fired.  Hahahaha.

What were the last 2 seasons with Joe Douglas then?

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

What were the last 2 seasons with Joe Douglas then?

We were a team evaluating if we could continue with a coach and qb in adam gase and sam darnold.  After 2 years, the answer was no so we are now rebuilding from square one.

Jet fans can choose to keep ignoring this or you can accept reality and realize the clock was reset when it was deemed that gase and darnold were unsalvageable.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We were a team evaluating if we could continue with a coach and qb in adam gase and sam darnold.  After 2 years, the answer was no so we are now rebuilding from square one.

Jet fans can choose to keep ignoring this or you can accept reality and realize the clock was reset when it was deemed that gase and darnold were unsalvageable.

His contract wasnt reset. So.

4 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Run defense is most disappointing thing all season. 

it’s the primary place where we don’t have all rookies and excuses are thin. Talent isn’t great but they are dead last and there just isn’t a reason to be that bad unless you are doing something wrong 

I would say its the one place where the majority of our talent actually is.  Last year it was one of the few bright spots.  Between CJ Mosley, Fatukasi, Rankins and Q Williams you would expect a top ten run D.  

Worse, its not like we're getting beat to the outside, where we could say yea our edge guys just arent athletic enough.  Most of the bad plays are right up the gut, right into the heart of that 'talent'.

So I don't understand what's going on, but clearly some or all of these guys aren't gelling with the system like they used too.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, ryu79 said:

Even worse, according to Connor H's podcast, Ulbricht spent the whole week mouthing off about how his defense was taking this week as an opportunity to show they weren't that team anymore because of his similar the opposition offense was...

Tough look for my guy, Jeff...

i'm not quite sure why they didn't know about minshew starting in place of hurts.  they said they prepared for hurts and he's a different qb from minshew.  give credit to the eagles for keeping this under wraps and discredit to the jets for not being prepared.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, undertow said:

So is the GM responsible for the talent level of the team being atrocious?  Let me guess it's John Idziks fault or something.

You sound disappointed with the timeline of this rebuild.  It is what it is.  Very little playmakers on this club.  The coach is trying to teach his way to prosperity.  I applaud his efforts.  The GM had a very nice draft this year and has stockpiled plenty of draft picks for 2022.  I'm excited and hoping he can infuse the defense with playmakers and fill another hole or two in the offense.  Must we always seek to identify who to blame when things don't go are way?  or can we at least acknowledge the cupboard was bare and enjoy watching the growth and improvement we've seen.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Pats reset looks a little more effective. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know if you need to fire him but right now the defense just sucks at everything.

It would be one thing if they gave up a ton of yards but stopped the run, or tightened up the in redzone, or were good at forcing turnovers

But yeah....

• We can't stop the run
  • We can't stop the pass
  • Can't get third down stops to get off the field
  • Stink in the redzone
  • Don't force any turnovers 

It just looks like we're playing a vanilla base defense and are doing it with very few starting caliber NFL players.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yes, the most successful sports franchise of the 21st century has more effectively "reset" than a team who hasn't made the playoffs in a decade.

Comparing us to the Pats is laughable in every respect.

Ignoring that the NFL is set up to punish the rich and give alms to the poor is laughable.   The NFL has set it up to help the crappy teams and hurt the good teams.  It's the design of the league.   

The sad reality is the Jets haven't reverted to the norm and the Pats have already reloaded to the point they have left us in the rear view mirror even though we have all the advantages in terms of cap and draft picks.

If you can't manage the team at a competive level with the advantage of better draft picks and lower cap because you have a bad roster that should be cheap it means you can't become competitive in the division.  

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

You sound disappointed with the timeline of this rebuild.  It is what it is.  Very little playmakers on this club.  The coach is trying to teach his way to prosperity.  I applaud his efforts.  The GM had a very nice draft this year and has stockpiled plenty of draft picks for 2022.  I'm excited and hoping he can infuse the defense with playmakers and fill another hole or two in the offense.  Must we always seek to identify who to blame when things don't go are way?  or can we at least acknowledge the cupboard was bare and enjoy watching the growth and improvement we've seen.

While I agree in theory, I have to admit that the defense is even worse than I thought it would be, or maybe it was better than I thought early on, and regressed to expectations. I realize that we are starting young, inexperienced, and raw CBs and that our safeties are hurt requiring the backups. What I don't understand is that the DL is supposed to be our strength and it looks like Williams is very good at LB for us and everyone is saying that Mosely is playing great - so, why is our run game so bad? DL pushes up the field and LBs are supposed to cover. So is it the DL? LBs? or is it the coaching and the scheme?

I actually thought  our d would be atrocious.   I thought our O would be a little better than atrocious.   Hate the 4/3 with all this light fast guys.  It's a setup to get pushed backwards down the field.   I think the rebuild is going in the wrong direction if Saleh thinks he's going to run the SF or Seattle D with the Jets.  It takes A plus talent at every level to run that base defense and win.  

Wonder of Joe D is really on board with Saleh's D philosophy?  Suspect Joe D is into a much bigger front 7 on D than Saleh would like.  

This is the only post that matters !!! Talking about the offense and especially the Zach hate should be minimal . This Defense once again had over 400 yards put on them . I dont know how many games a team has let an opposing team put up over 400 yards on them.  These guys cant tackle , cant cover , penalties , out of position, something has to give .

Ulbrich was unfortunate enough to inherit a defense with one of the poorest talent levels and least depth in the league. This year, with so little talent to work with and the defense being decimated by injuries, I can't put the much blame on him. Don't forget, early in the season the defense was looking like it would at least be serviceable and maybe even good. Then, as players started dropping like flies, things went straight down the tubes.

Before we start calling for Ulbrich's head, lets wait and see what he can do next year with (hopefully) healthier and (presumably) better players. After all, many of us were quick to call for LeFleur's head, but now it seems as if he wasn't the problem at all.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, undertow said:

Regardless of the talent, a DC should be capable of doing better than Ulbrich. It's just a free for all for opposing teams offenses. Everything works. Guys are flying around wide open. The same plays that work against our defense in the first quarter continue to work in the 4th quarter. 

That in no way excuses JD or the players themselves, but if you are good DC you don't allow this type of season to happen. 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Ignoring that the NFL is set up to punish the rich and give alms to the poor is laughable.   The NFL has set it up to help the crappy teams and hurt the good teams.  It's the design of the league.   

Who is ignoring that? It's pathetic the Jets continue to suck, year after year.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

The sad reality is the Jets haven't reverted to the norm and the Pats have already reloaded to the point they have left us in the rear view mirror even though we have all the advantages in terms of cap and draft picks.

The point is that this comparison is dumb. Jets have been one of the worst teams in the NFL for almost a decade and the Pats are three years removed from a Super Bowl. They weren't in analogous situations at all.

But yes, the Pats are a well run organization and the Jets are a poorly run one. This is clear to everyone.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

If you can't manage the team at a competive level with the advantage of better draft picks and lower cap because you have a bad roster that should be cheap it means you can't become competitive in the division.  

Yep. Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh need to show clear and obvious progress in 2022. That doesn't really have bearing on what the rest of the division is doing.

15 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Absolutely putrid performance from our defense.  We had no chance in this game because of our defense.

Once again - as they have many, many times - the Jets allowed a backup QB to completely dismantle them. Ashton Davis is a p@ssy who doesn't want to tackle and the d-line gets pushed around consistently. Quinnen Williams doesn't get nearly as many reps as Nathan Shepherd who stinks. I have no faith that these coaches can get the best out of these players.

Jets ain’t running a complex scheme here. With the current talent the level it’s basically offenses are preparing t play in a scrimmage or a preseason game. 

Pass rush back to back in the draft wouldn’t be a bad decision. I don’t know if I’d want Douglas making the picks though.