Jeff Ulbrich MUST GO!

35 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

Then, as players started dropping like flies, things went straight down the tubes.

Other than Marcus Maye the defense has been relatively healthy. Yes we lost Carl Lawson but who else has 'dropped like flies'? Ulbrich's defense gets gashed up the middle against the run in EVERY game even though we have Q and Fatukasi, how does that happen? They don't want to play for the guy.

5 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

You sound disappointed with the timeline of this rebuild.  It is what it is.  Very little playmakers on this club.  The coach is trying to teach his way to prosperity.  I applaud his efforts.  The GM had a very nice draft this year and has stockpiled plenty of draft picks for 2022.  I'm excited and hoping he can infuse the defense with playmakers and fill another hole or two in the offense.  Must we always seek to identify who to blame when things don't go are way?  or can we at least acknowledge the cupboard was bare and enjoy watching the growth and improvement we've seen.

Sorry but based on last year's performance (as already pointed out in this thread but you failed to address) the DL had been able to run stop SO it must be the system and/or the coaching that is failing.     

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Sorry but based on last year's performance (as already pointed out in this thread but you failed to address) the DL had been able to run stop SO it must be the system and/or the coaching that is failing.     

I'm not doubting that there isn't a talent problem but the scheme and the calls from Ulbrich isn't cutting it!

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Other than Marcus Maye the defense has been relatively healthy. Yes we lost Carl Lawson but who else has 'dropped like flies'? Ulbrich's defense gets gashed up the middle against the run in EVERY game even though we have Q and Fatukasi, how does that happen? They don't want to play for the guy.

They lost both starting safeties.  They lost Joyner 9 snaps into the year.  Jarrad Davis didn't even play until week 8.  Sherwood was expected to start, but was on IR before the end of October. I think the line has been fairly healthy, but the back end has been a mess and they have been putting guys in the lineup a few weeks after they join the team.  Huff, Blair, Carter, Cashman, Echols have all spent time on IR.  

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They lost both starting safeties.  They lost Joyner 9 snaps into the year.  Jarrad Davis didn't even play until week 8.  Sherwood was expected to start, but was on IR before the end of October. I think the line has been fairly healthy, but the back end has been a mess and they have been putting guys in the lineup a few weeks after they join the team.  Huff, Blair, Carter, Cashman, Echols have all spent time on IR.  

I just saw on Twitter about how much of a miracle it was that Harbaugh has the Ravens competitive with all their injuries.  While that is true, I think you could argue the Jets have lost equally important pieces to their team as the Ravens have, who are getting a bit of sympathy treatment from the media.  The Jets have lost a LOT of planned contributors this season.  It definitely is part of the reason the defense has been so abysmal.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I just saw on Twitter about how much of a miracle it was that Harbaugh has the Ravens competitive with all their injuries.  While that is true, I think you could argue the Jets have lost equally important pieces to their team as the Ravens have, who are getting a bit of sympathy treatment from the media.  The Jets have lost a LOT of planned contributors this season.  It definitely is part of the reason the defense has been so abysmal.

Yeah.  I think the issue is that they are looking to rotate like crazy, so the "next man up" isn't that big of a perceived drop from the expected starter.   People wonder why they are so young, but they did add Joyner to a super young secondary and he was gone before he could help anybody settle in.  After a few games Davis took his spot, but he was a raw kid coming to a new system to begin with. 

The amount of guys they have playing that didn't join the team until June or later is crazy.  Shaq Lawson came in late August and has played more than half the snaps. Ward and Blair are over 100 snaps, but at least they were in SF a bit.  Elijah Riley joined he team on November 21st and he is almost at 200 snaps.  Adrian Colbert 160 snaps joined October 26.  Redwine got snaps and he came in after camp. Quincy Williams joined the team September 21 and he has played 65% of the snaps.  I think this team relies on safeties to stop the run and they have been playing a revolving door there.  

I am not confident in this D.  I have always questioned it against the run.  That being said, they have plenty of excuses if you are looking.  

7 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Other than Marcus Maye the defense has been relatively healthy. Yes we lost Carl Lawson but who else has 'dropped like flies'? 

Really? The following defensive players have lost time this year to injuries or illness:

Marcus Maye

Carl Lawson

Jarrad David

Ashtyn Davis

Blake Cashman

Bryce Huff

Jamien Sherwood

Brandin Echols

Lamarcus Joyner

Vinny Curry

Zane Lewis

And I'm not 100% sure I didn't miss someone.

9 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

While I agree in theory, I have to admit that the defense is even worse than I thought it would be, or maybe it was better than I thought early on, and regressed to expectations. I realize that we are starting young, inexperienced, and raw CBs and that our safeties are hurt requiring the backups. What I don't understand is that the DL is supposed to be our strength and it looks like Williams is very good at LB for us and everyone is saying that Mosely is playing great - so, why is our run game so bad? DL pushes up the field and LBs are supposed to cover. So is it the DL? LBs? or is it the coaching and the scheme?

Great questions.  Wish I knew.  I do not watch the All-22 or understand how they are taught their assignments.  I would suggest that we are watching the ups and downs from so many rookies and inexperienced players in his system.  Kind of a double-edged sword.  You get to mold them into your system but the day-to-day operations are just sloppy until they buy into the system.  Heard Rex Ryan on the way to work today and he stated one of Saleh's problem is he did not bring enough of "his guys" to the Jets to implement his defense.  Rex bragged about bringing his guys to the Jets, even overpaying Bart Scott, adding Jim Leonhard and Marquis Douglas to set the foundation of how his defense works.  He stated how "his guys" would defend his madness as his defense works once they learn the system.  He eventually compared Saleh to his own time in Buffalo where he did not bring in "his guys" and ultimately did not have similar success with his defense as he had with the Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

That defense was not under Saleh.  Different system.  Different result.  Players may or may not be completely buying in.  

On 12/5/2021 at 8:03 PM, doitny said:

whats funny is you think anyone want to watch your videos of you knocking the Jets, whether its true or not.

even people who think like you dont want to watch negative videos. 

cant wait for your next one about how the Saints will kill us next week.

In the video I actually praise Zach and LaFleur for the first 1/3 of the video. I should have mentioned that in the beginning, using "postmortem" wasn't the right terminology.  Watch the video, there are positive takes too. I promise. LOL!