Pain Maximized - Pats now #1 Seed in AFC with Balti failing 2-pt conversion

jgb

4 minutes ago, St Louie Jet Fan said:

Cheats vs Bucs in Super Bowl. We ALL know the league wants it.

Indeed they do. I don't believe in the NFL-is-rigged conspiracy but that would start to make me go to the meetings "for the free cookies and to people watch."

• Upvote 2

I

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Indeed they do. I don't believe in the NFL-is-rigged conspiracy but that would start to make me go to the meetings "for the free cookies and to people watch."

Roger Goodell is a less likeable Vince McMahon. I guarantee a Bucs/Pats Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

The mother of all nightmare super bowl matchups. If it happens I would seriously consider not watching the game.

I'd easily root for the Bucs in that one.  How badly would it burn BB if he lost to Brady (who would have 2 SBs without BB).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

I

Roger Goodell is a less likeable Vince McMahon. I guarantee a Bucs/Pats Super Bowl.

Goes back to the Prime Directive of Jets Fandom: Whatever will maximize our suffering shall come to be.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd easily root for the Bucs in that one.  How badly would it burn BB if he lost to Brady (who would have 2 SBs without BB).

Talk about a Faustian choice.

just like brady cemented his goat status by winning in tampa you gotta give the bellichiken his due by what he's done without brady.  it's all pretty simple.  get the players to play their positions correctly and for the full 60 minutes.  prepare for the opponent. make sure the team understands what the back up qb brings.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, rangerous said:

just like brady cemented his goat status by winning in tampa you gotta give the bellichiken his due by what he's done without brady.  it's all pretty simple.  get the players to play their positions correctly and for the full 60 minutes.  prepare for the opponent. make sure the team understands what the back up qb brings.

He's done a good job this year with a rookie QB but they also spent wildly which generally less to a 1 year bump.  They have also taken advantage of a ridiculously easy schedule with the only decent teams they gave played ravaged by injury.  That's a long way to go this year and I don't think they are set up long term.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

He's done a good job this year with a rookie QB but they also spent wildly which generally less to a 1 year bump.  They have also taken advantage of a ridiculously easy schedule with the only decent teams they gave played ravaged by injury.  That's a long way to go this year and I don't think they are set up long term.

So ... the pig is ripe for the slaughter??? :D 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm genuinely surprised there are Jets fans still hung up on the Pats at this point.

Jets/Pats was a thing from 1997-2010 when we were 10-6 and they were 14-2... It hasn't been a relevant rivalry in a decade.

This

These are just closet pats fans that use post like this to indirectly gloat 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

you've been on this board for quite some time.  how many season's has the pig been ripe for slaughter?  i agree that they've spent more on free agents than they normally would but somehow those very same players come in and play the way the bellichicken wants.  he must be doing something very right.

57 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm genuinely surprised there are Jets fans still hung up on the Pats at this point.

Jets/Pats was a thing from 1997-2010 when we were 10-6 and they were 14-2... It hasn't been a relevant rivalry in a decade.

By this logic, no one is relevant to the Jets.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I get what you are saying, but we haven't beaten them since 2015. Just so tired of them. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

By this logic, no one is relevant to the Jets.

Correct.

When you are 3-9 and having your sixth consecutive losing season, the success or failure of other teams is irrelevant. The Pats continuing to be great doesn't matter. The Bills looking like the heir apparent doesn't matter. We are the problem. We are worse than every team other than the Texans right now.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I get what you are saying, but we haven't beaten them since 2015. Just so tired of them. 

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Pats. Will root against them whenever they play for as long as I live.

But like, "pain maximized" woe is us nonsense about them being the #1 seed -- who the hell cares? Woe is us because we stink and are a bottom five team in the NFL. If the Pats were bad we'd still be a bottom five team in the NFL. That is the problem here.

I can't really "worry" about what the Pats and Bills are doing until the Jets are competitive enough for it to make a difference.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

27 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Pats. Will root against them whenever they play for as long as I live.

But like, "pain maximized" woe is us nonsense about them being the #1 seed -- who the hell cares? Woe is us because we stink and are a bottom five team in the NFL. If the Pats were bad we'd still be a bottom five team in the NFL. That is the problem here.

I can't really "worry" about what the Pats and Bills are doing until the Jets are competitive enough for it to make a difference.

For me, I want to see the Patriots lose every game for the rest of eternity. 

I want the Bills to win by 40 tonight. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

You're right. Our biggest rivals are the Lions, Texans, and Jax in the only thing that has mattered for 10 years -- draft order.

Exactly, lol. It's sad, but the win against the Texans (and our macthup with the Jaguars) are probably more "important" within the context of the NFL than any other we play.

I'm certainly rooting for the team to improve/win at this point but this is obviously a lost season already.