Fletcher Cox was laughing at Saleh during the game

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Watching every single team and jag qb just roll up and down the field on the jets you can see our scheme is easily figured out, no adjustments are made and they are the easiest D in the league to play against.

During the lead up week teams don't have to worry about any jets D game pan at all, just devise ways to kill our sucky standard plan.

Game plan? Who needs a game plan you just need two plays vs this D. Screen to the TE/RB or run it up the gut. 

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Salah was hired to remove the stench of Adam Gase.  Instill professionalism and install a system of defense which would keep a young team in games even if their rookie QB struggled.

Instead, we have seen his defense get lit up almost every week.  Even today, the Eagles put up 30+points.  WTF happened?   I guess Saleh gives a kick ass interview.  But where is the substance?  Is it all smoke and mirrors?  

And watching him lose his composure today was embarrassing.  He let the frustration get to him.  Or maybe it was the fact that he was out coached by Nick Sirianni and his staff all day, especially their DC who adjusted in the second half shutting down our offense.

A rookie QB flailing and even busting is expected. The defense to be just this atrocious is inexcusable. And before the usual cast of scallywags pile on and say I must've wanted it because I predicted it, I prayed I was wrong.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

A rookie QB flailing and even busting is expected. The defense to be just this atrocious is inexcusable. And before the usual cast of scallywags pile on and say I must've wanted it because I predicted it, I prayed I was wrong.

How many times this season have we seen opposing teams just gash Saleh's D with huge runs straight up the gut?   It's comical.  They can't stop anyone.  And lets hear how the great and powerful Q is stopping the run.   Another bum in the mold of Mo Wilk.

• Upvote 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

How many times this season have we seen opposing teams just gash Saleh's D with huge runs straight up the gut?   It's comical.  They can't stop anyone.  And lets hear how the great and powerful Q is stopping the run.   Another bum in the mold of Mo Wilk.

Something's going on there. For a defense this talent-deprived to have our best player in a situational role. Is there an injury we don't know about? Conditioning?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Most of this board was bitching and crying that he wasn't showing emotion.  Wasn't sticking up for his players when a bad call went against them.  Now when he does it's embarrassing?  

I've been here since day 1, but I might need to unplug from this site.  

I mean, the bizarro whack job takes on every subject is just a massive troll job right?  

I don't spend time in the sub forums, but there has to be a universal joke on there to mess with the masses?   

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Losing his composure was embarrassing? Gimme a break. This board cries when they see him doing nothing and it’s then “not caring” and then he fights for his players not getting a call and then it’s “embarrassing”?? 

The talent sucks. That’s not changing till the off season. No coaching is helping Ronnie Blair turn into a good pass rusher, sorry. 

There is a difference between firing up your team with emotion and looking like a crybaby blaming the officials for the team's poor play.  This is no longer "Mr. Happy-Go-Luck" everyone said we signed during the preseason.   Like it or not, the losing is getting to Saleh.  Not every coach can handle the losing and other responsibilities of being a HC.   Right now, it's looking bad.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  I was very happy to see him show some emotion on the sideline. 

The Jets were getting screwed all day from the refs..a very bad job by them today.  He had every right to do what he did and I would be far more upset if he didn't.

I too like my HCs with some fire. You want the team to show fight on the field, sometimes you gotta do the same from the sideline. Weird critique of Saleh. If you want to make that case, there's a lot better angles to take. It would be like introducing Bernie Madoff's parking tickets at his trial.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

There is a difference between firing up your team with emotion and looking like a crybaby blaming the officials for the team's poor play.  This is no longer "Mr. Happy-Go-Luck" everyone said we signed during the preseason.   Like it or not, the losing is getting to Saleh.  Not every coach can handle the losing and other responsibilities of being a HC.   Right now, it's looking bad.

lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

lol

I was laughing, too today.   Watching what was supposed to be a decent defense get boned...again.   And the response?  Saleh gesticulating like a lunatic to no avail.  So far, the job is too big for him.   And it shows.   He needs to step it up or he'll join the other former Jet train wreck HCs who went out the door in three years or less.

• Upvote 3

I was laughing, too today.   Watching what was supposed to be a decent defense get boned...again.   And the response?  Saleh gesticulating like a lunatic to no avail.  So far, the job is too big for him.   And it shows.   He needs to step it up or he'll join the other former Jet train wreck HCs who went out the door in three years or less.

lol  What decent defense?  Rookies all over the secondary and the linebackers.  At least early in the season we had some vets but once the injuries hit the rookies were forced to play and when they rotated we had more rookies take their place.  You seriously are in over your head as a poster who pretends to have any knowledge of what it takes to turn around a franchise.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Those were horrible calls.   One turned a deserved stop into first and goal. 

You wanted him to take that?!? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

One of the worst takes I’ve seen. Congrats. 

That's your opinion.  Fine.

But like it or not, we are once again heading for a double digit loss season.  A team out of even the prospect of the playoffs in early December.  A HC whose team was supposed to be at least competent after installing his defensive scheme.  I could go on.

You're happy with Saleh so far.  Great.  Enjoy the ride.  I'm not and was told to expect better than the trash we watch every week.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

And if Fletcher Cox were on the Jets and they had lost to the Giants the week prior and had a sub .500 record he'd be highly criticized and be considered terrible sportsmanship. But its against the Jets so hey all good..........this narrative is so tiresomne 

There doesn't need to be a media conspiracy. We just suck eggs.

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

lol  What decent defense?  Rookies all over the secondary and the linebackers.  At least early in the season we had some vets but once the injuries hit the rookies were forced to play and when they rotated we had more rookies take their place.  You seriously are in over your head as a poster who pretends to have any knowledge of what it takes to turn around a franchise.

Same excuses we've been hearing for decades.  Saleh was brought here to fix the problems.  Period.   Rookies or not, his D can't stop even bottom feeder teams.   You're cool with that?  Again, enjoy.   Keep giving the guy an out until he's booted like the rest of the frauds in a year or two.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Same excuses we've been hearing for decades.  Saleh was brought here to fix the problems.  Period.   Rookies or not, his D can't stop even bottom feeder teams.   You're cool with that?  Again, enjoy.   Keep giving the guy an out until he's booted like the rest of the frauds in a year or two.

Get them in now because if it happens, you won't be allowed to talk about it anymore because "Saleh's not the coach anymore! Gawd, get over it!"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Isn’t the story here that Mosley opted to put this out into the world?

This is a good point. What point was he trying to make?

Of everyone on the team I fear Mosley is letting down Saleh the most - not necessarily based on his play but on the fact you expect a guy like him to create a more disciplined culture. When he jumped offside on the 4th down, I was shocked. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ryu79 said:

This is a good point. What point was he trying to make?

Of everyone on the team I fear Mosley is letting down Saleh the most - not necessarily based on his play but on the fact you expect a guy like him to create a more disciplined culture. When he jumped offside on the 4th down, I was shocked. 

I think Mosley is just a surly dude who’s had it. 

• Upvote 3

That's your opinion.  Fine.

But like it or not, we are once again heading for a double digit loss season.  A team out of even the prospect of the playoffs in early December.  A HC whose team was supposed to be at least competent after installing his defensive scheme.  I could go on.

You're happy with Saleh so far.  Great.  Enjoy the ride.  I'm not and was told to expect better than the trash we watch every week.

We drafted all offense in the high rounds and we expected the D to be terrible. The offense sucked and the D was serviceable. Now the offensive weapons that were drafted are progressing and not busting and you’re complaining that the D sucks. Just remember this is a rebuild and this whole year was about the offense and Zach improving. Zach is improving and the offense I’ve weapons drafted high have performed. 
you can be upset that the wins aren’t there, but the wins matter less than the rookies playing well this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

Get them in now because if it happens, you won't be allowed to talk about it anymore because "Saleh's not the coach anymore! Gawd, get over it!"

I'm just pissed, jgb.   No way anyone here expected this level of ineptitude from Saleh and his defense.  Folks are comfortable looking the other way and blaming it on rookies, etc.  Yet are comfortably handing out these excuses as JAG teams routinely hit runs all day right up the middle.   

• Upvote 1