Saints have lost 5 straight, come limping into MetLife

Just now, Be_a_Jet said:

I would be MORE confident in the Jets winning this game if the Saints just beat the Bucs or someone good than if they were on a 5 game losing streak. 

Saints by at least 10 is a LOCK. 

Yep, the Jets are probably just what the doctor ordered for the Saints

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

Hill did go 3-1 as the NO starter last year, and Siemian lost 4 in a row after the team started 5-2. Kind of makes sense

I just mean asking your ex to go with you to a friend's wedding after the other girl you dumped her for ate some bad crab dip at TGIF the weekend before.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

There's no reason we can't win this game against the Saints....  but our Defense are the ones who will decide that. Depends which one decides to show up. I'm hoping it's the one where the front 7 plays out of their minds like we've seen from them. 

Cam Jordan's placement on the reserve/COVID-19 list Monday was the result of a positive test for the virus, Amie Just of The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

That certainly helps the Jets.

• Upvote 1

On 12/5/2021 at 10:42 PM, Fantasy Island said:

Laughing so hard, I'm crying.   POTW

Thank you

No, funnier is the Saints 4th string QB being a hot fantasy item like Hex said. Our fr!ggin D couldn't stop a nose bleed. What aggravates me on that is most of the D players are pretty good, but they look like they are always out of position or when it comes to tackling just don't finish. Both can be coaching, but once you are close enough to tackle someone can I really blame a coach on that?. Heck, these defenders have been tackling players their whole darn life from just about the time they could walk. What is the damn problem?. 

• Haha 1

The Saints are actually a great matchup for the Jets right now.

Their offense is in shambles, so I expect the defense to perform similar to what we saw against Houston. I don’t see the Saints scoring more than 21.

Their defense is pretty good though, so they’ll be a good barometer of whether Zach is improving or not. I mentioned in the IGT Sunday before kickoff it was time for him to begin stacking a few good games. He was okay against Philly, let’s see if he can build on that.

There's actually been an interesting review of this data. The quite compelling conclusion: while it appears that certain head refs tend to result in a greater win(or loss)-percentage-against-expectation for certain teams, each ref's "favored" and "disfavored" teams are different. Meaning, there is no coordinated conspiracy by the league or anyone else to favor or disfavor certain clubs. 
Interestingly, the Jets were in the middle of the pack for every single head ref. Like starkly so. A barely visible bar above or below the zero line. If there is a conspiracy against the Jets by the NFL, it's one of apathy.
I'd post it but I know how this goes and it'll turn into people attacking the guy who did the analysis ("I demand to see the original of his Statistics PhD!!!!!") to avoid the disquieting conclusion.
But we don't really need all the data, do we? We just need to understand human nature. A conspiracy this epic, this astounding would require hundreds, perhaps thousands of co-conspirators over the years. The financial and fame incentives to whistleblow (book deals, talkshows, movie rights) would be overwhelming, especially to those who are fired/leave the league on bad terms. The more people a conspiracy requires to survive, the shorter its expected survival time. It's the inverse law of "people can't keep their mouths shut."

It’s like the voter fraud conspiracy, and why voter iD laws provide zero benefit to actual election security.

The coordination required to sway elections by double voting or having people claim to be someone they aren’t or ballot harvesting makes it such an impossibly large complex endeavor that it would require thousands of people working in unison with no one talking or getting caught

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

On 12/7/2021 at 11:45 PM, funaz said:

It’s like the voter fraud conspiracy, and why voter iD laws provide zero benefit to actual election security.

The coordination required to sway elections by double voting or having people claim to be someone they aren’t or ballot harvesting makes it such an impossibly large complex endeavor that it would require thousands of people working in unison with no one talking or getting caught

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

dont want to take this thread sideways, but since you went there, software hacks and a few dozen well placed fat ladies rescanning for two hours could also do the trick,
just sayin'. 

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The Saints injury report looks rough. Kamara is back but they’re going to let Hill try playing with that finger again and it looks like they could be without both starting tackles and pass rushers? Tough

More INTs for the defense!

Either that or Payton copies Belichick and the Saints have 600 rushing yards and 7 rush TDs at the end of the game

New Orleans Saints put RB Mark Ingram on COVID-19 list; QB Taysom Hill, RB Alvin Kamara practice fully.

METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans Saints running back Mark Ingram II was added to the reserve/COVID-19 list Wednesday, two days after Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan was placed on the list. However, there were several positives on New Orleans' injury report for a change.

Quarterback Taysom Hill (finger) and running back Alvin Kamara (knee) both practiced fully Wednesday, while left tackle Terron Armstead (knee) and defensive end Marcus Davenport (shoulder) returned to practice on a limited basis. Safety C.J. Gardner-Johnson (foot) also practiced after being designated to return from the injured reserve list.

Right tackle Ryan Ramczyk (knee) and linebacker Peter Werner (elbow) did not practice.

The Saints (5-7) needed some good news after a barrage of injuries helped lead to their current five-game losing streak. Kamara has missed the past four games but appears likely to return Sunday at the New York Jets after he came back to practice on a limited basis last week.

On 12/10/2021 at 10:28 AM, sec101row23 said:

There’s no way Taysom Hill can carve up the Jets defense.   The Saints offense is depleted.  Kamara is  literally the only player who can hurt the Jets.    Let’s see if Saleh can figure this out.    

Saints 30 Jets 9

21 point win for Saints.