Jets didn’t prepare for Minshew

kevinc855

14 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I like Saleh.. and i admire him .. but he doesnt seem cut out for this.

He does not .. at least publicly ... care enough about results to make changes.

This D is attrocious.

His new gen positive only methods seem misplaced in the NFL.

How long do you support a failing coordinator before making a change ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

Ulbrich is probably going to stay for the rest of the year; he might be canned in the offseason, but I'll guess he gets fired next year

Honestly, I think its because they really dont care about the results this year.  They're all treating this like a learning experience.  It's verified in everything you've heard from Woody to JD to Saleh to Ulbrich.  Ulbrich is talking to press about asking him those questions in the offseason, he's not going anywhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think that a new system is a good excuse for the first few weeks, just like it took Lafleur a few weeks before the offense started to click. 

But there should be some signs of progress by now. We are in week 12 of the NFL season and we just got torched by Gardner Minshew. Nothing about this defense is improving. In fact, it seems to be getting progressively worse. Even with subpar talent the Defensive scheme should work to occasionally force a punt. 

The scheme seems so easily beatable with a screen pass every few plays.

It's the D-line shooting gaps - with no contain - throw it over them - goes for 20...

It's like the Jets are completely unprepared for this - never seen anything like it.  Although, I can't imagine the scheme doesn't account for screen passes - but our players seem to be no where near this...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

The scheme seems so easily beatable with a screen pass every few plays.

It's the D-line shooting gaps - with no contain - throw it over them - goes for 20...

It's like the Jets are completely unprepared for this - never seen anything like it.  Although, I can't imagine the scheme doesn't account for screen passes - but our players seem to be no where near this...

Everything the Jets do screams lazy. Lazy schemes, lazy coaching, lazy scouting. Starts with the owner. Not preparing for a QB with an entirely different skill set is embarrassingly lazy. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Saleh was losing it because the officiating was bad yesterday.  I don't  normally  complain about refs but it seemed like they did everything they could to make calls that helped the Eagles. 

The Jets defense did everything they could to help the Eagles too. Oh, and the kicker too.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Truth is we’re outmanned pretty much every week.  Between the age and injuries to the unit they have to play out of their minds just to be acceptable defense.  And that’s a loose description

Please…. Stop excusing this team for … everything!

There is no excuse for a nfl defense to look as bad as ours has this year.

Yesterday was a disgrace. I don’t care how young some of the the players are. The DL isn’t young and underpaid. We have a $20m LB, and are supposed to have some good young CBS. You guys were crowing about the Safety we got for Leo two years ago.

Saleh, Ulbrich and Douglas should be ashamed of what they’re doing on that side of the ball.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Please…. Stop excusing this team for … everything!

There is no excuse for a nfl defense to look as bad as ours has this year.

Yesterday was a disgrace. I don’t care how young some of the the players are. The DL isn’t young and underpaid. We have a $20m LB, and are supposed to have some good young CBS. You guys were crowing about the Safety we got for Leo two years ago.

Saleh, Ulbrich and Douglas should be ashamed of what they’re doing on that side of the ball.

So wait, saying theyre outmanned is excusing the team for...everything?

Like they dont have as much talent as their opponents isnt the case, you dont see it that way? 

Whats the matter its not as much fun to bitch about the players they dont have as it is to bitch about the players they do have?

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Like they dont have as much talent as their opponents isnt the case, you dont see it that way? 

Whats the matter its not as much fun to bitch about the players they dont have as it is to bitch about the players they do have?

Outmanned by Gardner Minshew and Dallas Goddert?

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think people are just sick of hearing you bash the entire team while acting like an attack dog whenever anyone expresses skepticism or a negative outlook (opinion) on Zach due to him being last in the league in many metrics including QB Rating and QBR (fact).

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I think people are just sick of hearing you bash the entire team while acting like an attack dog whenever anyone questions whether Zach's performance has been terrible.

Thanks for the heads up.

I mean, people are just sick because I said pretty much every week we're outmanned?  Really, I'm wrong?  We're not?

You can make me a homer or someone bashing on the drop of a hat.  Thats funny, especially coming from you

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Outmanned by Gardner Minshew and Dallas Goddert?

Yeah, thats what I was talking about specifically, Godhert and Minshew?

Truth is we’re outmanned pretty much every week.  Between the age and injuries to the unit they have to play out of their minds just to be acceptable defense.  And that’s a loose description

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thanks for the heads up.

I mean, people are just sick because I said?  Thanks for the translation.  

You can make me a homer or someone bashing on the drop of a hat.  Thats funny, especially coming from you

I made grumpy cat think something was funny!

@Jetsfan80 what's the pool up to? Over a grand, last I checked.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I apologize if it sounds like I’m singling you out, but c’mon.

Yeah they may not be as talented as a lot of teams, but there are quite a few bad teams in the league. How many of them have been embarrassed the way we were yesterday? Or the way we’ve been against a bunch of other teams this year?

If it’s only the players… shame on Douglas for putting this roster out there.

If it’s the scheme, shame on Ulbrich and Saleh.This is supposed to be their area of expertise.

If the players have quit, shame on them. (and shame on the CS and GM for doing nothing about it)

No matter how you look at it, it’s been a horror show and yesterday was a disgrace. What we watched wasn’t a young, undermanned team, or a team with a few injured players. 
It was about as unprofessional a performance as I’ve seen by a Jets team, and I’ve been watching for 57 years.

• Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah they may not be as talented as a lot of teams, but there are quite a few bad teams in the league. How many of them have been embarrassed the way we were yesterday?

Mind giving up a last minute drive to give the Lions their first win?

Jags losing 37-7?

Bengals giving up 41?

There are plenty of "embarrassing" games every weekend.  

On 12/6/2021 at 8:25 AM, Sammybighead said:

Saleh and ulbrich are negligently stubborn on the defense. They have their system and their play and refuse to adjust it for their personnel, the opponent, or the fact that it’s downright failing.

I just don’t understand this.

Sounds familiar.... gase ran the offense this way as well and we all went crazy....

Its the definition of insanity.....

All the while we have to watch the patriots out scheme their opponents weekly , and most likely win another afc title with middle of the road talent