George Fant dominating this year

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Him and AVT should be returning starters. Honestly, I'd rather Becton move to RT upon his return. 1 high draft pick spent at C/RG, and this line could be very solid. 

Don’t expect to see a high pick on IOL, especially when McGovern has been very good as well. If anything, maybe Douglas will splurge in free agency on Schreff 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sciond said:

The kind of guy who puts in work but you only notice when he fails sadly

I'm pretty sure that's applicable for the OL position in general. When an RB rips off a huge run, they credit the RB. When the QB has 5 seconds to make a throw, the QB gets the credit for the beautiful throw, even if he took 5 seconds. It's the sad truth about the OL position

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

I'm pretty sure that's applicable for the OL position in general. When an RB rips off a huge run, they credit the RB. When the QB has 5 seconds to make a throw, the QB gets the credit for the beautiful throw, even if he took 5 seconds. It's the sad truth about the OL position

I have to agree

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Him and AVT should be returning starters. Honestly, I'd rather Becton move to RT upon his return. 1 high draft pick spent at C/RG, and this line could be very solid. 

They also could us a young OT for depth/development and insurance against Becton's health.  The OT class this year looks deep, and we need to move on from Edoga, so maybe in the 2-4 round range for that.

I hope JD targets Linderbaum...he's the best C prospect in a long time, and I think that position is underrated in its importance on an OL. Take one of the edges first, though, if available. I'd love Hutchinson, but he might be gone unless the Jets lose out the rest of this season.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Don’t expect to see a high pick on IOL, especially when McGovern has been very good as well. If anything, maybe Douglas will splurge in free agency on Schreff 

I’d love to draft  Linderbaum and kick McGovern over to RG. Definitely keeping Fant around too.  Idk if Joe D could get Scherff to sign here but I’d be all for it 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I left the stadium yesterday with about 3 minutes to go and who comes walking out of the stadium?  Becton.  The guy left earlier then me.  HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA.

Fant should stay at LT and Becton should be moved to RT.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

Does Becton really deserve a starting spot immediately at this point? The OL is playing very well right now. By the way, is there any word on LDT? I can't remember if he ever returned to the game

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I left the stadium yesterday with about 3 minutes to go and who comes walking out of the stadium?  Becton.  The guy left earlier then me.  HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA.

Fant should stay at LT and Becton should be moved to RT.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

Why are you leaving early? Shouldnt you be watching the full game with a smile on your face because this is exactly what should be happening?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

I fully hope and expect their to be a high pick on oline. McGovern has been ok but i'd bet against him signing again after next season. So who's gonna replace him after he leaves? He's a stop gap, i'm hoping for Linderbaum with one of our top 2 picks. Fant would be find to slide back to right. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I fully hope and expect their to be a high pick on oline. McGovern has been ok but i'd bet against him signing again after next season. So who's gonna replace him after he leaves? He's a stop gap, i'm hoping for Linderbaum with one of our top 2 picks. Fant would be find to slide back to right. 

Fant was a bad right tackle. No sense in putting him back there at this point.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

we will find someone to replace him in FA or the later rounds....just like every other team does.

those top 2 picks have to go on defense. or have you not been watching this season. unless there is a top WR or TE to take with one of them.

OL are a dime a dozen. look what we did this year with just one 1st rd pick. we dont need to waste any more premium 1st rd picks on the OL.

2 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

They also could us a young OT for depth/development and insurance against Becton's health.  The OT class this year looks deep, and we need to move on from Edoga, so maybe in the 2-4 round range for that.

I hope JD targets Linderbaum...he's the best C prospect in a long time, and I think that position is underrated in its importance on an OL. Take one of the edges first, though, if available. I'd love Hutchinson, but he might be gone unless the Jets lose out the rest of this season.

I've been against drafting a C in the top 10 but I think Seattle is going to rattle off some wins against their weak schedule moving forward and that pick will be in the 10-16 range, prime spot for Linderbaum

• Upvote 2

not to take anything away from fant, but he's playing next to avt. that has to help as opposed to playing next to gvr.  fant seems pretty athletic and hopefully they'll find a right guard for him to play next to when becton comes back.  maybe duvarney is the guy.  the thing too is how will becton respond if he has to play next to gvr or another alex lewis.

59 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I've been against drafting a C in the top 10 but I think Seattle is going to rattle off some wins against their weak schedule moving forward and that pick will be in the 10-16 range, prime spot for Linderbaum

Agreed.  I have seen a bunch of mocks with the Giants taking him.  I can't remember a Center getting picked that high but I think things are changing a  little bit.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Hex said:

Does Becton really deserve a starting spot immediately at this point? The OL is playing very well right now. By the way, is there any word on LDT? I can't remember if he ever returned to the game

If the Canadian guy is down for a  while how crazy would it be to try Becton at RG for a few games?  Way taller than the classic guard but strong as hell and a better run blocker than a pass blocker.

This is creating an interesting decision. What to do with Moses and Becton?  Fant has played well and is only 29. Let him stay at LT. Moses has bern good at RT and is only 30. But what to do with Becton?

McGovern has played well and is only 29.

Our OL, after a couple of bad games to start the year, has been a bright spot.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

This is creating an interesting decision. What to do with Moses and Becton?  Fant has played well and is only 29. Let him stay at LT. Moses has bern good at RT and is only 30. But what to do with Becton?

McGovern has played well and is only 29.

Our OL, after a couple of bad games to start the year, has been a bright spot.

Good problem to have, difficult politically though.  If we have any interest in keeping Moses in 2022 we have to do right by him. A benching now may hurt our chances.  If Becton comes back well then Fant could turn out to be a decent trade chip.  Lots of teams would love to have a legit pass pro LT of his caliber. 

Good on JD for rostering three starter level tackles, rare to have.

4 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

McGovern is under contract for next year