Jets vs Eagles Review: The Good & The Bad

Hex

Yes, I know this is like 20 hours late, but I'm gonna do it anyways.

Yesterday's game vs the Eagles has some mixed feelings for me, but I think that while we did bad overall, our offensive progress was much better.

The Good:

~Zach Wilson had his best game of the season so far, and by far his best first half. The Jets didn't punt until the end of the second quarter, and only punted twice, the offense is improving

~It's obvious he's learning to trust the pocket, he threw a lot of nice short passes that weren't bullets. 

~Elijah Moore is still very good, he is going to be a star.

~The OL only allowed 2 sacks, which is much better. One of those sacks were one that Zach would normally try to run from, and it even looked like he was going to try to do a shovel pass like that INT he had last week, but thought better. The other sack was on Wilson.

The Bad:

~We lost

~The Jets didn't punt until the end of the second quarter, but neither did the Eagles

~The defense had probably their worst game (In my opinion), they couldn't stop a Minshew-led Eagles. In fact, Minshew was perfect in passing for much of the first half. It's getting worse, and this game probably would have been won if the defense stepped up more and the kicker knew how to kick. Sure, Zach is supposed to lead the team, but even Patrick Mahomes can't win much when the defense sucks.

~Speaking of kickers, WHAT THE CRAP WAS THAT? The Jets released Matt Ammendola because he sucked, but this new kicker (I can't even remember his name) was even worse. The Jets couldn't rely on him and eventually had to go for 2 pt conversions. Won't be surprised if Ammendola comes back.

~Second half was garbage on both sides. Zach threw a lousy INT, and the defense allowed Philly to drive and score a bunch of field goals. The Jets offense was only on the field for 70 seconds in the 3rd quarter, which is probably almost the least amount of time an offense has been on the field for a quarter.

~Coleman was the only RB who did anything, and he didn't rush for much. The Eagles outran the Jets 158 yards to 70 yards.

Overall, this game was more hopeful for the future than good short-term. If this wasn't a rebuild year, I would not be happy at all with this game. But because this year is about Zach's development, I think I am more happy than mad about this game.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

You forgot the uniforms under the bad, and poor clock management.

Yea, the clock management was bad. The uniforms weren't the worst, though. Isn't it the all-white uniforms that are really bad (In looks and record with them)? Could be wrong about that

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

Yea, the clock management was bad. The uniforms weren't the worst, though. Isn't it the all-white uniforms that are really bad (In looks and record with them)? Could be wrong about that

They are both horrible.  Go back to the original or the 80's.  Only uniform worse is that Titan throwup, er...throwbacks.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That 3rd quarter was really difficult to watch yesterday. Our defense sucks so hard.

Yea. I don't know if I've ever seen a quarter in which one team dominated playing time that much