Pff FA rankings

hmhertz

This guy should be the #1 target 

12. G BRANDON SCHERFFWASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM

Scherff is playing on his second consecutive franchise tag at a value of $18.036 million, rounding his three-year earnings to $45,591,000. He’s already top-15 among guards in career earnings, and he’s never signed a multi-year veteran contract. The veteran guard missed some time this year but is in the middle of another season with an overall grade above 70.0, with solid grades in both run and pass blocking. Injuries have kept Scherff sidelined from time to time, but he has talent that cannot be taught.

Strengths:
– Reliable in pass protection
– Zone blocking

Weaknesses:
– Durability
– Hasn't been as dominant in gap schemes in recent years

Scheme Fit/Role:
STARTING GUARD: Scherff is one of the best all-around guards in football when healthy. He has graded out better the past several seasons in zone rushing schemes, where his ability on the move shines. He would be a nice addition to the Jets' young, rebuilding offensive line opposite Mekhi Becton and Alijah Vera-Tucker. 

Recent Injury History:
The MCL sprain that sidelined Scherff for multiple weeks in 2021 is the latest in a growing list of injuries that have limited him throughout his career. Scherff has missed two games in each of the last five seasons.

Contract Projection: Three years, $50 million ($16.67 million per year, $30 million total guaranteed)

Bottom Line:
A healthy Scherff is the best interior offensive lineman scheduled to hit free agency this offseason, but it's difficult to bank on Scherff staying healthy through an entire NFL season.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Scherff is playing on his second consecutive franchise tag at a value of $18.036 million, rounding his three-year earnings to $45,591,000. He’s already top-15 among guards in career earnings, and he’s never signed a multi-year veteran contract. The veteran guard missed some time this year but is in the middle of another season with an overall grade above 70.0, with solid grades in both run and pass blocking. Injuries have kept Scherff sidelined from time to time, but he has talent that cannot be taught.

Strengths:
– Zone blocking

Weaknesses:
– Durability

Scheme Fit/Role:
STARTING GUARD: Scherff is one of the best all-around guards in football when healthy. He has graded out better the past several seasons in zone rushing schemes, where his ability on the move shines. He would be a nice addition to the Jets' young, rebuilding offensive line opposite Mekhi Becton and Alijah Vera-Tucker. 

Recent Injury History:
The MCL sprain that sidelined Scherff for multiple weeks in 2021 is the latest in a growing list of injuries that have limited him throughout his career. Scherff has missed two games in each of the last five seasons.

Contract Projection: Three years, $50 million ($16.67 million per year, $30 million total guaranteed)

Bottom Line:
A healthy Scherff is the best interior offensive lineman scheduled to hit free agency this offseason, but it's difficult to bank on Scherff staying healthy through an entire NFL season.

Yeah and draft two OL with our two first rounders. 5 first-rounders on the OL. Then will we be allowed to criticize Zach?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Yeah then draft two OL with our two first rounders. 5 first-rounders on the OL. Then will we be allowed to criticize Zach?

I know some people are nuts with the idea of drafting o lineman, however if they sign Scherff then our line would be pretty legit.

Becton AVT McG Scherff Fant 

and this is hoping to upgrade the team and helping Zach lol but yes criticize away (not like anything is stopping you already)

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

I know some people are nuts with the idea of drafting o lineman, however if they sign Scherff then our line would be pretty legit.

It's just that our defense is putrid and every pick does carry an opportunity cost. Would 5 first-rounders on OL be unprecedented?

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's just that our defense is putrid and every pick does carry an opportunity cost. Would 5 first-rounders on OL be unprecedented?

That’s why my suggestion is to sign Scherff as his big ticket splash, solidifying the line. Then Douglas can go all in on defense in the draft.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

That’s why my suggestion is to sign Scherff as his big ticket splash, solidifying the line. Then Douglas can go all in on defense in the draft.

I endorse. Even though 3 first rounders on the OL is also luxury, 2 are on rook deals so it's not that bad.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah and draft two OL with our two first rounders. 5 first-rounders on the OL. Then will we be allowed to criticize Zach?

13 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

But what about

W     E     A     P     O     N     Z     ?????

We really should just trade Elijah Moore for a taller receiver so Zach doesn't have to constantly thread the needle.  I mean it's just so unfair.

Joking aside...  TE + Defense.  Throw a mid round pick at Tackle or Guard for insurance.  Wouldn't be opposed to Linderbaum and moving McG over but really only if we can't get Scherff.

• Haha 1

Ya'll thinking JD is going to go for Scherff are batty. 

I'd bet Laken Tomlinson. SF background, 29, zone system. That said there are tons of guards on that list with starting experience and zone experience. Depending on what franchise/transition tags/resignings are handed out, the market seems to be flush with guards looking for 2nd contracts that fit our system. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

and this is hoping to upgrade the team and helping Zach lol but yes criticize away (not like anything is stopping you already)

Becton is still on the team? 

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Hoping we get one of Scherff, Bates, Marcus Williams, Gallup, Schultz. Idt Washington is going to let Scherff walk though 

Scherff is one of Washington's best players and they have no QB to pay.   The Jets have to FAs who make $9mm and two first round draft picks making $6+mm.  Sign a RG for $16mm?

12 hours ago, jgb said:

After reading the first 10 and thinking "no way JD brings him in" I decided to clean my stove.

Most of these guys are old and beaten down. No respectable player is coming here until we set a foundation of potential success.  Shocked Lawson came here.  Davis sucks so not shocked he signed here.  It's a depressing list since you know JD will pluck 3-4 guys off that list who have seen better days and overpay them.  

On a side note, I did my stove as well and doubled down and cleaned the fridge. ? Did you know vinegar is a great cleaning agent. ? Then I baked some salmon. ?‍?

1 hour ago, Flightattendant said:

Mike Williams 

Schultz

Carlton Williams 

For me anyways.

Carlotn Williams. Cheap and productive. CJ Jackson is ballin.  And it would kick the Pats in the testicles.  Allen Robinson, who many were shouting from the rafters to be signed would be a great target for Zach.   Or Godwin who is younger.   

20 hours ago, varjet said:

Scherff is one of Washington's best players and they have no QB to pay.   The Jets have to FAs who make $9mm and two first round draft picks making $6+mm.  Sign a RG for $16mm?

Yeah I don’t think they’re going to let Scherff walk. We should be interested in they do, but they’re it going to. My preference for the OL is to draft Linderbaum and kick Mcgovern to RG but the drafts a long long way away 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Yeah I don’t think they’re going to let Scherff walk. We should be interested in they do, but they’re it going to. My preference for the OL is to draft Linderbaum and kick Mcgovern to RG but the drafts a long long way away 

99 44/100 percent sure those who expect a first round OL pick are going to be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Flip Becton and Fant and we're in business. 

22 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Ya'll thinking JD is going to go for Scherff are batty. 

I'd bet Laken Tomlinson. SF background, 29, zone system. That said there are tons of guards on that list with starting experience and zone experience. Depending on what franchise/transition tags/resignings are handed out, the market seems to be flush with guards looking for 2nd contracts that fit our system. 

He went after thuney why not scherff

58 minutes ago, jgb said:

99 44/100 percent sure those who expect a first round OL pick are going to be disappointed.

Eh we’ve got so many holes I’ll be hard to disappoint on draft night. I just really like Linderbaum but Edge,CB,WR,TE,OL in the 1st would make me happy 

On 12/6/2021 at 7:20 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Strengths:
– Zone blocking

Weaknesses:
– Durability

Scheme Fit/Role:

Recent Injury History:

Bottom Line:

Don't we run a gap scheme?

On 12/6/2021 at 7:27 PM, jgb said:

We currently have only 2, and you can really say 1, because Mount Becton hasn't played much this year, and was out some last year as well, so I'm sure the couch is getting much needed attention, but not the LT position from that 1st round pick. Scherff would be a good get for JD, and then my only OL wish is to get the best Center in this year's draft, unless they see some prospect that will be even better next year. Although that's not a guarantee.