MNF. cheaters at Jills

Larz

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

600358816_BartScottPlane500px.gif.f731040286f05af0df16f370eac75d01.gif

Sadly this is my fondest memory as a Jets fan in the last 35 years.  I must have watched the "flight" and subsequent interview with Sal Pal dozens of times.

Story has it Bart was out there flying around on his own when he spotted the ESPN camera and came in for a landing.  The way he rotates his hands forward to simulate the flaps of the plane slowing it down is still hysterical.

What a great day to be a Jet fan.  We all owe Rex a debt of gratitude.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Sadly this is my fondest memory as a Jets fan in the last 35 years.  I must have watched the "flight" and subsequent interview with Sal Pal dozens of times.

Story has it Bart was out there flying around on his own when he spotted the ESPN camera and came in for a landing.  The way he rotates his hands forward to simulate the flaps of the plane slowing it down is still hysterical.

What a great day to be a Jet fan.

Bart said "Can't Wait" but we've been waiting ever since then to win another playoff game. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

It's just incredible how Belichick doesn't follow trends he starts them. Two TEs back in the Gronk/Murderer days, zigging to a run game when everyone else is going pass. He just recognizes when 90% of NFL teams are doing the same thing, you can get disproportionate value out of players designed to run something else. He's incredible and I hate him.

Bill Belichick has been HC of the NYJ more times than he's been the HC of any other team..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Yet, you wanted to offer two 1sts, a 2nd and Darnold (which represents an additional 2, 4, and 6) for Deshaun Watson who is 1-2 in playoffs.

Josh Allen is 2-2 in playoffs.

Did I want to offer that or was I saying that's what it would take ? Because I'm not sure I really wanted Watson due to his situation.

If you remember I wanted to get Rodgers and let Zach sit behind him for 2-3 years . I understand that's a longshot based on what Rodgers might want but it certainly makes sense since Zach really needs that time to absorb the pro game and in the mean time Rodgers turns us into a winner and established team that Zach could potentially take over.

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Mac Jones legitimately could not throw the ball tonight because it was too windy. They say his ball is like a pillow and I couldn’t imagine throwing pillows in a wind storm. 

TBH this exposed Mac imo more then anything 

WHat's Mac's record ? What's he ranked as an NFL QB ?

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

WHat's Mac's record ? What's he ranked as an NFL QB ?

I’m sorry but I’m slow…. I just can’t seem to understand how his record matters when my point is his ability to throw the ball in winter conditions because of his lack of arm strength. 

Just because he’s playing on a team with a HOF coach and a top defense you should expect wins and even playoffs…. 

BUT that does not add strength to macs noodle arm (which was my point) 

?‍♂️

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

What a great day to be a Jet fan.  We all owe Rex a debt of gratitude.

Crazy how many Jets fans hate the guy. I'll never get that.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We have a lot of anger in us. 

it’s sad but that’s how anger works 

Rex didn’t understand how to build a team or coach an offense, so he failed here, but I’ll always appreciate what Rex accomplished in 2009-2010. They could have won it all in 2010. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If SAR I doesn't respond to this one (in defense of his beloved Sanchize), then I worry he might be done with this forum for good.

he started his own forum... " Jets Hater Nation " .. all hate, all the time

seriously he probably wont come back till JD gets fired. he was too heavily invested in that. after seeing how he picked 4 really good players in the 2021 draft he realized JD isnt going anywhere.

besides he is here every day, just doesnt post.

48 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

i agree, until i found this place.

i never seen so many harp on so much. like me i just remember we lost and put it in the back on my mind. but most of this board remember the bad.

like with Gastineau for instance. people here hating on him for a penalty that cost us the Cleveland double OT loss. i forgot all about that because IT WAS 40 YEARS AGO!!! . what did you guys do, play it over in your VCRs until you cried yourself to sleep. 

same with Rex. same will happen to JD and Saleh if they bring us deep playoff success. i mean how could we let that define them when JD had a bad 2020 draft, or took a chance on a retired Center. and lets not forget the Flacco trade. 

and Saleh who will ever forget that he didnt prepare for Minshew. think a few good playoff runs makes us forgive this defense... no way.  

i will leave you with this quote

Mickey Mantle? That's what you're upset about? Mantle makes $100 thousand a year. How much does your father make? “…If your dad needs money, go Ask Mickey Mantle. See what happens. Mickey Mantle don't care about you. Why care about him? Nobody cares.”

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Mac Jones legitimately could not throw the ball tonight because it was too windy. They say his ball is like a pillow and I couldn’t imagine throwing pillows in a wind storm. 

MAC'S BALLS ARE LIKE PILLOWS??!!?!??!?

:D  

Planes, Trains and Automobiles” is being remade with Will Smith and Kevin  Hart | 94.7 WLS | WLS-FM

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hex said:

I just got back from a lot of busy and went to check the scumbag score and saw this:

image.png.07df7cdbffdf7cf54e42d50402ba13ab.png

What the crap

I read the other day that if you are afraid to let your QB throw the ball, then you don't have a QB at all. :D  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Belichick just beat a playoff team on the road without even needing a quarterback. Unbelievable 

Or a FG kicker ... maybe Joe and Saleh are on to something?

GM'ING AND COACHING WHERE FOOTBALL IS GOING, BABY!!! :D 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

The other one that jumps out to me is the loss to the Bills at home in 2009. Jets ran for 300 yards but Sanchez threw 5 picks . . . 

Sanchez only played half the game?

5 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Could not or did not? Pats came into this game with this plan. They didn't cook it up from scratch after seeing Macc throw a couple passes in warm up.

Mac has never played a game ever in the cold before tonight. Ever. Florida native, SEC ball. Even his bowl games were the Citrus Bowl and the Orange Bowl.

Belichick is teaching a absolute clinic this year on how to bring along a rookie QB. This game plan was masterful. Just incredible.

Obviously this is not gonna work every time and Mac is going to have to acclimate to cold playing in NE. But what a training wheels session Belly gave to him in his first time ever.

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bart said "Can't Wait" but we've been waiting ever since then to win another playoff game. 

And they were woefully unprepared the following week.  Gave up 24 unanswered points as they did to the Colts the year before.  

REX partied like a frat boy instead of a leader for the Steelers who we beat earlier that year.  

• Upvote 2

I’m sorry but I’m slow…. I just can’t seem to understand how his record matters when my point is his ability to throw the ball in winter conditions because of his lack of arm strength. 

Just because he’s playing on a team with a HOF coach and a top defense you should expect wins and even playoffs…. 

?‍♂️

Mac Noodle.  You deserve a break today.  

53 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sanchez only played half the game?

Could not or did not? Pats came into this game with this plan. They didn't cook it up from scratch after seeing Macc throw a couple passes in warm up.

Mac has never played a game ever in the cold before tonight. Ever. Florida native, SEC ball. Even his bowl games were the Citrus Bowl and the Orange Bowl.

Belichick is teaching a absolute clinic this year on how to bring along a rookie QB. This game plan was masterful. Just incredible.

Obviously this is not gonna work every time and Mac is going to have to acclimate to cold playing in NE. But what a training wheels session Belly gave to him in his first time ever.

Bro you can try and flip this however you like but the fact is Mac Jones has a weak arm and the coaches have no confidence in that weak arm, so much so that they only attempted 3 passes. 

Thats my point he’s physically limited and his coaches know it

?‍♂️

Does anyone remember how bad Bryce Petty was when throwing in the rain?  There was some excuse like "he had never thrown a football in the rain in his life".  

What a game.  An all time classic.   Pats running game and defense played out of their minds.  Reminded me of games back in the 60s.

Most impressive part of the game for me was that Belicheat and his coaches devised a game plan they thought would work and stuck with it.  They have quietly assembled a very good group of players.  Again.  

How the frig are they 9-4?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The NFL would actually be watchable if every game was contested in those conditions. 

Strange as it sounds, last night's game was a nail biter down to the last few seconds.   Usually, I'm asleep by the third quarter on MNF.  Last night, I was completely engaged unsure of the outcome.

It wasn't the "Ice Bowl".  But had that old school, rock 'em sock 'em in December/January vibe.  

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Bro you can try and flip this however you like but the fact is Mac Jones has a weak arm and the coaches have no confidence in that weak arm, so much so that they only attempted 3 passes. 

Thats my point he’s physically limited and his coaches know it

LOL.   The Jets under Rex matched up against a staked box and ran the ball down teams throats on the way to two AFC finals.  Namath, who had a howitzer in the 69 AFC championship game went 14 for 40 in a gale at Shea and we lost.  The Pats in bad conditions matched up in the run game and beat the pulp out of the Bills.  

That was an absolute statement game.  

We might have won 2 SB with Noodle arm Pennington with the teams we had under Rex.  

Were building a D with smerfs to stop the pass and the Pats are building an O to shove the ball down the throats of teams built to stop the pass.  

JD:  Watch last night's game again.  Then assemble an O line like the Pats.  I mean, what an effort by those guys.  Spectacular blocking opening huge holes all game.  And what about Harris and Stevenson?   Damn they were fun to watch.  If he doesn't get hurt, Harris goes for 250 last night.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

LOL.   The Jets under Rex matched up against a staked box and ran the ball down teams throats on the way to two AFC finals.  Namath, who had a howitzer in the 69 AFC championship game went 14 for 40 in a gale at Shea and we lost.  The Pats in bad conditions matched up in the run game and beat the pulp out of the Bills.  

That was an absolute statement game.  

We might have won 2 SB with Noodle arm Pennington with the teams we had under Rex.  

Were building a D with smerfs to stop the pass and the Pats are building an O to shove the ball down the throats of teams built to stop the pass.  

I love how people use past teams and situations for arguments sake without including context.. 

You named literally 2 different eras of nfl football without mentioning this current era is the passing era. Sure you can win games running the ball in the regular season… but let’s see how far the pats can go ultimately with noodle arm Jones handing the ball off and throwing screens all day.