MNF. cheaters at Jills

Larz

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

How did that work out?

Allen completed 15 passes for nearly 150 yards, 1 TD and 0 INTs, so what’s your point?  You can point to the Pats win and terrible conditions all you want, but the fact remains Allen was still able to move the ball with his arms and legs.  This game highlights Mac Jones’ limitations — even though the media won’t talk about it — and for a northeast based team I’m be nervous as a Pats fan heading into January (but at least those fans get yo watch their team play meaningful January games).

• WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

JD:  Watch last night's game again.  Then assemble an O line like the Pats.  I mean, what an effort by those guys.  Spectacular blocking opening huge holes all game.  And what about Harris and Stevenson?   Damn they were fun to watch.  If he doesn't get hurt, Harris goes for 250 last night.

First rounder, $3M one year deal, undrafted free agent, fourth round pick on second contract, trade for one year deal. 

10 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Allen completed 15 passes for nearly 150 yards, 1 TD and 0 INTs, so what’s your point?  You can point to the Pats win and terrible conditions all you want, but the fact remains Allen was still able to move the ball with his arms and legs.  This game highlights Mac Jones’ limitations — even though the media won’t talk about it — and for a northeast based team I’m be nervous as a Pats fan heading into January (but at least those fans get yo watch their team play meaningful January games).

I don’t think you really understand what you watched last night.

Let me ask you a couple questions…

Do you think Belichek would’ve thrown the ball 30 times last night  if Wilson was his QB?

Do you think Allen and the Bills would have if THEY had the lead and were running the ball that well?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, oatmeal said:

I’m sorry but I’m slow…. I just can’t seem to understand how his record matters when my point is his ability to throw the ball in winter conditions because of his lack of arm strength. 

Just because he’s playing on a team with a HOF coach and a top defense you should expect wins and even playoffs…. 

BUT that does not add strength to macs noodle arm (which was my point) 

?‍♂️

First of all saying Mac has a noodle arm is ridiculous. Second of all the big armed Josh Allen threw for 145 yards yesterday at a 50 % clip and he lost in the process. Belichick knew he could run on the Bills and his game plan was to do so. Since he was able to carve them up running the ball for well over 200 yards why throw the ball into 35 MPH winds ? Joe Montana had a similar arm to Mac Jones I guess you would say he's got a noodle arm as well right ?

Problem here is most of you people still don't get what the patriots plan has been for the past 20 + years and how that offense runs. Its a short passing offense and defenses still can't stop it and Mac Jones fits that system perfectly. If Mac Jones did not have a good enough arm he would not be in the NFL and he would not be a top the division as a damn rookie. He will develop his arm further just like Brady did because early in his career Brady did not have a strong arm either but he somehow found a way to win 3 SB's early on. 

Also Brady had a similar game under Belichick where I think he attempted 5 or 6 passes I guess you have some crap to make up about him as well. You do not need a great arm in the NFL to be a great QB that much has been proven over and over.

As to your point its simply not true so its not relevant to Mac Jones success. What is relevant is Jones plays for an established team (its not the Situation the Jets find themselves in with just about everything being new) that certainly helps Mac Jones but its not a reason to try and find fault. When Mac Jones beats our asses for the next 15 + years with the short passing game just like Brady did to the entire league we can revisit this discussion

25 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I love how people use past teams and situations for arguments sake without including context.. 

You named literally 2 different eras of nfl football without mentioning this current era is the passing era. Sure you can win games running the ball in the regular season… but let’s see how far the pats can go ultimately with noodle arm Jones handing the ball off and throwing screens all day.

The SB is played in perfect conditions for noodle arm.  The home field in NE is perfect for NE D and running game. 

52 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t think you really understand what you watched last night.

Let me ask you a couple questions…

Do you think Belichek would’ve thrown the ball 30 times last night  if Wilson was his QB?

Do you think Allen and the Bills would have if THEY had the lead and were running the ball that well?

Don't waste your time, Jets fans are not used to good coaching and good QB play. They will figure out a way to find the negative in a win because they are Jets fans. Any Idiot who would have thrown the Ball in those conditions when they were carving up the Bill's with the running game has no clue how a smart coach operates. No matter what people say and no matter how good Mac Jones is playing he is still a rookie and in a game like that Belichick minimized the chances for a turnover and a possible loss its why his is a top the damn division yet again. Mac Jones will continue to develop no doubt win some SB's and Jets fans will be crying the blues for another decade but you know Jones has a weak arm :)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Well I agree that Belichick believed his game plan gave them the best chance to win. He must've seen something on tape that led him to believe the Bills D could be had in the way he took them. Why should he go with an inferior (in his view) game plan to prove something about Mac to the world? So it shows us something about where he thinks Mac is at the moment. But I don't think it says Mac Jones is entirely incapable of winning with his arm, if he needs to. By the way, there are plenty of "good" QBs who would be challenged to the extreme in 55mph winds as was Allen and he has a few years experience in such conditions and one of the strongest arm in the NFL. It was Mac's first cold weather game of his life. Florida kid. SEC in college. Bowl games in LA and Miami.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

First of all saying Mac has a noodle arm is ridiculous. Second of all the big armed Josh Allen threw for 145 yards yesterday at a 50 % clip and he lost in the process. Belichick knew he could run on the Bills and his game plan was to do so. Since he was able to carve them up running the ball for well over 200 yards why throw the ball into 35 MPH winds ? Joe Montana had a similar arm to Mac Jones I guess you would say he's got a noodle arm as well right ?

Problem here is most of you people still don't get what the patriots plan has been for the past 20 + years and how that offense runs. Its a short passing offense and defenses still can't stop it and Mac Jones fits that system perfectly. If Mac Jones did not have a good enough arm he would not be in the NFL and he would not be a top the division as a damn rookie. He will develop his arm further just like Brady did because early in his career Brady did not have a strong arm either but he somehow found a way to win 3 SB's early on. 

Also Brady had a similar game under Belichick where I think he attempted 5 or 6 passes I guess you have some crap to make up about him as well. You do not need a great arm in the NFL to be a great QB that much has been proven over and over.

As to your point its simply not true so its not relevant to Mac Jones success. What is relevant is Jones plays for an established team (its not the Situation the Jets find themselves in with just about everything being new) that certainly helps Mac Jones but its not a reason to try and find fault. When Mac Jones beats our asses for the next 15 + years with the short passing game just like Brady did to the entire league we can revisit this discussion

1. Young Tom Brady arm >>>>>>> Mac Jones and it’s not even close. A wall of text when my original post is Mac Jones has a weak arm as if I’m making this up.

And please go look at young Brady throw the ball and go watch him throw darts and then go watch Mac and his floating pillow throws, it’s a night and day difference. 

You can make whatever excuse you like and do the typical bush league thing and compare Mac to Brady because of stats but fail to highlight the highly different eras of football. 

This is a passing league not the same league of the 2000’s Patriots. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Don't waste your time, Jets fans are not used to good coaching and good QB play. They will figure out a way to find the negative in a win because they are Jets fans. Any Idiot who would have thrown the Ball in those conditions when they were carving up the Bill's with the running game has no clue how a smart coach operates. No matter what people say and no matter how good Mac Jones is playing he is still a rookie and in a game like that Belichick minimized the chances for a turnover and a possible loss its why his is not a top the damn division yet again. Mac Jones will continue to develop no doubt win some SB's and Jets fans will be crying the blues for another decade but you know Jones has a weak arm :)

Patsfa…. Or something like that is the name of the Patriots fan site FYI ?

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

1. Young Tom Brady arm >>>>>>> Mac Jones and it’s not even close. A wall of text when my original post is Mac Jones has a weak arm as if I’m making this up.

And please go look at young Brady throw the ball and go watch him throw darts and then go watch Mac and his floating pillow throws, it’s a night and day difference. 

You can make whatever excuse you like and do the typical bush league thing and compare Mac to Brady because of stats but fail to highlight the highly different eras of football. 

This is a passing league not the same league of the 2000’s Patriots. 

Yes Brady had a stronger arm but Brady's arm developed over time and got much better. Mac Jones does not have a weak Noodle arm like you say either go watch his college film when he needs to get zip on the ball he is very capable of doing so. Some QB's take a little off the ball because they can use timing rather than having the throw the ball 100 MPH this makes them more accurate throwing the ball hence a 70% + completion rating . Keep making this ridiculous argument .  

Also I'm not making excuses at all that's not even in the context of the conversation since excuses are for when players play bad . I wanted the Jets to draft Jones in a a bad way but they didn't but hey we got the big armed guy so you can rest easy when Mac Jones carves up your team for the next 5 years with his so called noodle arm.

Watch this video has plenty of passes with touch and just as many with some zip namely some 20 yard outs if you can throw a 20 yard out you can throw anything. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Yes Brady had a stronger arm but Brady's arm developed over time and got much better. Mac Jones does not have a weak Noodle arm like you say either go watch his college film when he needs to get zip on the ball he is very capable of doing so. Some QB's take a little off the ball because they can use timing rather than having the throw the ball 100 MPH this makes them more accurate throwing the ball hence a 70% + completion rating . Keep making this ridiculous argument .  

Also I'm not making excuses at all that's not even in the context of the conversation since excuses are for when players play bad . I wanted the Jets to draft Jones in a a bad way but they didn't but hey we got the big armed guy so you can rest easy when Mac Jones carves up your team for the next 5 years with his so called noodle arm.

Watch this video has plenty of passes with touch and just as many with some zip namely some 20 yard outs if you can throw a 20 yard out you can throw anything. 

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

great come back, but I don't live in a world of delusion 

You aren’t delusional but you posted a video of Mac Jones passing the ball, as if that changes the fact that he has a noodle arm by NFL standards.

Are you implying that he’s noodle arming it for increased accuracy and not  because of his physical limitations? 

Rodgers has a A+ arm and has the accuracy and timing to match, so again idk why you are challenging my original point as if saying Mac Jones has a weak arm is a sin. 

oh and PS Teddy Bridgewater, Tua etc have been in the league for numerous years and their arm strength didn't magically increase like you said happened with Brady, that’s another bush league take. 

I hate it with all my heart but the pats for two decades are everything we are not

the pats were very bad last year-BB executed a one year rebuild and they are the best team in the AFC-some on here clowned him saying it would never work out -well he is proving you to be VERY wrong

one could question how Bill did it and if it is a long term vision but you know what they are the best team in the AFC right now and we once again suck something awful. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Mac Jones legitimately could not throw the ball tonight because it was too windy. They say his ball is like a pillow and I couldn’t imagine throwing pillows in a wind storm. 

TBH this exposed Mac imo more then anything 

They have won how many games in a row???  MAC is better than anything we have as long as he is well coached.  

He would fail here as they would try to jam him into THEIR all gas no brakes BS.

Did anyone else notice how the announcers were describing both Pats and Bills players a s  GREAT 1st rounder or Great second rounder, contributing in a big way.  I have never heard that about a NY Jet.  At least I can't remember  it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You aren’t delusional but you posted a video of Mac Jones passing the ball, as if that changes the fact that he has a noodle arm by NFL standards.

Are you implying that he’s noodle arming it for increased accuracy and not  because of his physical limitations? 

Rodgers has a A+ arm and has the accuracy and timing to match, so again idk why you are challenging my original point as if saying Mac Jones has a weak arm is a sin. 

oh and PS Teddy Bridgewater, Tua etc have been in the league for numerous years and their arm strength didn't magically increase like you said happened with Brady, that’s another bush league take. 

It all depends if Tua (Jesus Christ ) and Bridgewater work out like Brady does and if you've seen Brady's workouts and how well he takes care of himself you would not be making these ridiculous comparisons. Tua Really ?? If you look at Bradys draft pic and then look at pic's of him throughout his career you can see a huge transformation in his phsique and his ability to throw the ball its obvious he's one of the hardest workers in the history of the game and its why he's the best QB ever and its why he is still playing at a pro bowl level at the age of 44 comparing Teddy and Tua to that is hilarious.

And please stop saying Jones has a Noodle arm its a really silly statement 

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You know what  else he did for the 9th time ?

people dont care -if it was wilson who had 9 wins or the jets folks would be crowing Wilson Joe and Saleh. The pats as I just posted are everything we are not

Better GM

Better Coach

Better Players

Better record

sh*tty fans-our fans are more loyal that is all we have going for us

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I hate it with all my heart but the pats for two decades are everything we are not

the pats were very bad last year-BB executed a one year rebuild and they are the best team in the AFC-some on here clowned him saying it would never work out -well he is proving you to be VERY wrong

one could question how Bill did it and if it is a long term vision but you know what they are the best team in the AFC right now and we once again suck something awful. 

What's also amazing is that, after 20 years of overwhelming success, the Pats managed to rebuild themselves in a way that makes them feel like the "nobody believed in us" hungry underdogs.  

5 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Keep in mind the Pats were missing a lot of players last year as well who came back this year which along with the FA signings it's all starting to come together. Right now the Pats have the best defense in the NFL and a very efficient offense to go along with it not to mention the best coach in the NFL the past 20 years. The Pats running attack gets better every week which is going to be scary for a lot of teams come playoff time since it will make them a complete team across the board with no weaknesses. This damn team is going to win another SB with a god damn rookie QB

1 hour ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

what about the fumble?

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I will say this though.  I don't think the Pats are going all the way this year.  Someone is going to smack them at some point.  I'll guess the Ravens in the post-season.

Lamar Jackson in the playoffs vs the best Defense and a coach who regularly makes it hard on QB's ? The Ravens will have no chance. Only team I think may give them a run is the Colts because they can run the football have  a good defense and a good QB

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Keep in mind the Pats were missing a lot of players last year as well who came back this year which along with the FA signings it's all starting to come together. Right now the Pats have the best defense in the NFL and a very efficient offense to go along with it not to mention the best coach in the NFL the past 20 years. The Pats running attack gets better every week which is going to be scary for a lot of teams come playoff time since it will make them a complete team across the board with no weaknesses. This damn team is going to win another SB with a god damn rookie QB

I know that and I know a substantial portion said bill's plan would fail badly-meanwhile we cant find a kicker let alone a solid online or a defense

I wish we could go back in time and convince bill to stay with the jets

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Lamar Jackson in the playoffs vs the best Defense and a coach who regularly makes it hard on QB's ? The Ravens will have no chance. Only team I think may give them a run is the Colts because they can run the football have  a good defense and a good QB

the only team that can beat them is the chiefs in my opinion

I was following the game (at work) via Gamecast so I didn't know about the weather and wind conditions. I couldn't figure out on this limited basis why BB went for 2 in the first quarter after a TD, why no passing plays, etc. Until I got home and then it was pretty easy to figure out. Belichick used common sense and adapted his game plan more so than the Bills HC. Actually he won the game by field goals. Folk made two and the Bills kicker missed one but if he'd have converted it instead of trailing by 4 they would have probably been behind by 1 and could have tried a FG to win at the end of the game. Nick Folk has been one of their MVPs this season. 

36 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

It all depends if Tua (Jesus Christ ) and Bridgewater work out like Brady does and if you've seen Brady's workouts and how well he takes care of himself you would not be making these ridiculous comparisons. Tua Really ?? If you look at Bradys draft pic and then look at pic's of him throughout his career you can see a huge transformation in his phsique and his ability to throw the ball its obvious he's one of the hardest workers in the history of the game and its why he's the best QB ever and its why he is still playing at a pro bowl level at the age of 44 comparing Teddy and Tua to that is hilarious.

And please stop saying Jones has a Noodle arm its a really silly statement 

Terrible take, how can you even quantify who works hard / who doesn’t? By winning ?

Christ the majority of NfL game are literally decided by the refs including the patriots dynasty which was started by a terrible call by the refs.

I’m not arguing anymore it’s pointless but I will say MAC JONES HAS A NOODLE ARM AND THATS A FACT ?