MNF. cheaters at Jills

Larz

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I just dont get the argument and why you find it so insulting.  Mac Jones doesnt have a strong arm.  He has a rather weak arm.  Everyone gets this.  

Doesnt mean he sucks anymore than Montana sucked because he didnt have Marino or Elways arm.  

I never ever said Mac Jones had a strong arm, ever .. I did however say he did not have a weak arm and that much is evident to me watching his college and now pro tape but you keep going with the narrative he's got a weak arm.

As I said he chooses to throw a touch pass because its more accurate and it works. When he has to step up and zip the ball he's just as capable if you watch his film. If you choose to ignore that then I can't help ya. Until the NFL figures out a way to handle some of Mac's softer throws which he has the luxury to make because he reads the defenses faster than most and get s the ball out quick I'm not going to fault him for that. If he has such a bad arm then pick him off and expose him, funny how that not happening and how over the last 5 games he is getting better and better. 

Mac Jones throws soft passes because he throws the ball before players even come out of their break in that situation you can't zip the ball nor do you have too. QB's have to zip the ball when they are late on their reads. If you watched guys like Brady and Manning and even Rodgers they did the exact same thing on timing patterns but when a guy like Rodgers has to really zip one in you forget all else and marvel at his arm strength. I have seen Mac Jones zip some balls in tight windows, certainly not like Rodgers or even Brady, but the fact is he gets it there at a pretty good rate and he as a rookie will continue to get better and stronger if he puts in the work like those guys do.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

What’s has he done all year? Hand the ball off and throw predominately screens and short passes? Do you even understand YAC yards and how they work? 

Have you looked at how far the ball actually travels in the air before being caught?   If you look at those breakdowns, it shows Jones average air yards per attempt is pretty similar to a lot of the top QBs.  Jones has 4.2 air yards per attempt.  Mahomes has a 3.9, Rodgers has a 3.6, Herbert has the same 4.2, Brady 4.3.  

In fact Jones total air yards 12th in the NFL despite having less attempts than most of the guys in front of him.  Your narrative is simply wrong.  

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bitter scorned fans like this and the “stick with Sam and trade down” fans should really go root for other teams, it would be better for all of our mental health.  

@Smashmouth the patriots bandwagon has many seats available after the Brady departure ?

Stop saying who the hell I should root for its insulting and annoying . Im sorry you can't come to grips with the fact your team sucks ass as so does its young QB but I have and Im not going to take the side of QB's who have the chance to improve but never ever do for this god forsaken franchise. Its obvious you make up the crap you're spewing cause ya hate the Pats and the fact they are going to have another 15 years of Jets beatdown with Mac Jones but Im on the side of reality ands the reality is Im pissed we keep making the wrong god damn decision while the ******* Pats seem to always make the right one

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Stop saying who the hell I should root for its insulting and annoying . Im sorry you can't come to grips with the fact your team sucks ass as so does its young QB but I have and Im not going to take the side of QB's who have the chance to improve but never ever do for this god forsaken franchise. Its obvious you make up the crap you're spewing cause ya hate the Pats and the fact they are going to have another 15 years of Jets beatdown with Mac Jones but Im on the side of reality ands the reality is Im pissed we keep making the wrong god damn decision while the ******* Pats seem to always make the right one

@Jetsfan80 - I've located the pace guy.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dont remember Bill not allowing Brady or any other QB from throwing the ball in a game.  In plenty of games where it was cold, windy and he had a running game.  If course MJs lack of arm came into play.  Doesnt take away from the game plan being smart, just reinforces why it was smart

image.png.2e3d1251f7258831e26d7f62d34c1851.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He is the enemy now. He's a cheating, scumbag NE Patriot. F him and the pace he came in on.

I feel the same way but I'm not going to sit back and watch people bash someone who happens to be playing really well. Its a dumb argument and like I said it infuriates me when people question me as a fan when I have been rooting for this team for 50 years and in that fifty years I had Season Tickets for 20 of them until I moved to Texas and still find a way to have optimism every single year that is until about 4 games into the season and I say here we ******* go again.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Have you looked at how far the ball actually travels in the air before being caught?   If you look at those breakdowns, it shows Jones average air yards per attempt is pretty similar to a lot of the top QBs.  Jones has 4.2 air yards per attempt.  Mahomes has a 3.9, Rodgers has a 3.6, Herbert has the same 4.2, Brady 4.3.  

In fact Jones total air yards 12th in the NFL despite having less attempts than most of the guys in front of him.  Your narrative is simply wrong.  

Thank you I forgot about air yards . Someone making sense

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I feel the same way but I'm not going to sit back and watch people bash someone who happens to be playing really well. Its a dumb argument and like I said it infuriates me when people question me as a fan when I have been rooting for this team for 50 years and in that fifty years I had Season Tickets for 20 of them until I moved to Texas and still find a way to have optimism every single year that is until about 4 games into the season and I say here we ******* go again.

I hope you don't think I'm questioning you as a fan. I just find the constant Mac Jones defending annoying. I agree he's been good, but the rush of Jets fans to his defense has been way over board.

Can we all just agree he's a cheating scumbag and move on?

33 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

What’s has he done all year? Hand the ball off and throw predominately screens and short passes? Do you even understand YAC yards and how they work? 

I'm sorry but you're clueless this is the sh*t you are hearing but are you actually watching ? I doubt it 100 % 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I hope you don't think I'm questioning you as a fan. I just find the constant Mac Jones defending annoying. I agree he's been good, but the rush of Jets fans to his defense has been way over board.

Barry I don't think you are at all , the fan questioning was from oatmeal and my post to your quote was more a general reference to this entire discussion 

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

And yes they are still cheating bastards maybe Jones can let a little air out of the ball for a better grip

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

All you gotta do is go to the browser and type in “where can I find a place to deal with my Mac Jones draft pain” and many places will pop where you can go freely type away your love for Mac Jones and the hurt it caused you that the Jets passed on that JAG. 

The patriots bandwagon has many seats available after the Brady departure but don’t wait to long because according to you we now have 15 years to be terrorized by Mac noodle arm Jones ?‍♂️

I’m sure the division is just shaking in their boots because Mac Jones will be lighting the league up for 15 years. 

Let me help you out though RG3 was a all world ROY and so was Baker… the hype around them was real but today where do they stand?

I can’t take your takes seriously sorry bro

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

All you gotta do is go to the browser and type in “where can I find a place to deal with my Mac Jones draft pain” and many places will pop where you can go freely type away your love for Mac Jones and the hurt it caused you that the Jets passed on that JAG. 

The patriots bandwagon has many seats available after the Brady departure but don’t wait to long because according to you we now have 15 years to be terrorized by Mac noodle arm Jones ?‍♂️

I’m sure the division is just shaking in their boots because Mac Jones will be lighting the league up for 15 years. 

Let me help you out though RG3 was a all world ROY and so was Baker… the hype around them was real but today where do they stand?

Peace out Troll

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

The only way Mac Jones has a complete crash ala RGIII is if he suffers massive head trauma. His game is mental. That doesn't fade. It gets better.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I’m the troll and you are in a nyj forum typing wall text in defense of Mac Jones…. 

righht ???‍♂️

I'm curious did you read the title of this thread ? Or is that beyond your comprehension ?

I'm not defending him because I like the Pats, that's your childish take on the situation. I'm defending against the bullsh*t you are trying to push here which is simply not true. It's really that simple.

You taking this in the direction you have accusing me of being a Pats fan and to go running to their site to root for them is just admission you have nothing left in this argument, have been proven wrong at every turn, and have resorted to this behavior after the beatdown you just took trying to defend your position. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm curious did you read the title of this thread ? Or is that beyond your comprehension ?

I'm not defending him because I like the Pats, that's your childish take on the situation. I'm defending against the bullsh*t you are trying to push here which is simply not true. It's really that simple.

You taking this in the direction you have accusing me of being a Pats fan and to go running to their site to root for them is just admission you have nothing left in this argument, have been proven wrong at every turn, and have resorted to this behavior after the beatdown you just took trying to defend your position. 

It's been this way throughout history. The magical thinkers always seek to swarm and exterminate truth tellers.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Don't forget Mac's top two targets are UDFAs. No weaponinz!!!

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Exhibit A: St8 nonsensical double speak, “I’m not defending mac I’m defending..” while having literal walls of text in defense of Mac Jones. 

Exhibit B: now apparently I was wrong at every turn (who’s the judge???) and i was “beaten up”.

HA! 

Well you call the ambulance for me? Your terrible bush league takes sent me st8 into cardiac arrest  

pray for me brother ?

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

The only way Mac Jones has a complete crash ala RGIII is if he suffers massive head trauma. His game is mental. That doesn't fade. It gets better.

Not true injury’s can set him back, succeeding can set him back believe it or not (getting to big headed), or he can just come in next season and just simply  regress.

But to make bold factual statements about how these kids will turn out after week 13 of their rookie campaign is comical 

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Not true injury’s can set him back, succeeding can set him back believe it or not (getting to big headed), or he can just come in next season and just simply  regress.

But to make bold factual statements about how these kids will turn out after week 13 of their rookie campaign is comical 

As opposed to those who said he was limited with a low ceiling before ever seeing him take an NFL snap. Right...

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's been this way throughout history. The magical thinkers always seek to swarm and exterminate truth tellers.

That’s the @jgb I know!

You are most effective when you are jumping into conversations that don’t concern you and giving your input without full understanding of what’s being debated  ?

A+

12 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Exhibit A: St8 nonsensical double speak, “I’m not defending mac I’m defending..” while having literal walls of text in defense of Mac Jones. 

Exhibit B: now apparently I was wrong at every turn (who’s the judge???) and i was “beaten up”.

HA! 

Well you call the ambulance for me? Your terrible bush league takes sent me st8 into cardiac arrest  

pray for me brother ?

Smash has been here forever. Stop it with the Pats fan bullsh*t. If you can't talk Football (**** Jets Football,  it's broken and boring nowadays), without calling people names and throwing insults, then stop. Smash is as much a NE fan as I am. ZERO. 

Right now, and possibly forever,  Mac Jones is Light years ahead of Zach. Period. Not difficult to see by any objective measurements.  

He'll, I'm old enough to have been around here for the "Pennington is better than Brady, you'll see!!" Crap some people here pushed. 

Not so much. 

• Sympathy 2

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Don't forget Mac's top two targets are UDFAs. No weaponinz!!!

It’s silly at this point.  If Zach was doing anything close to what Jones has done, this place would be a massive jizz fest, and rightfully so.   Jones will be winning rings in a few years and we’ll be discussing why the new rookie QB we drafted in 2024 isn’t performing well.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

As opposed to those who said he was limited with a low ceiling before ever seeing him take an NFL snap. Right...

He is physically limited!  and his ceiling is low, how much more can he improve from what he is right now? 

I’ll wait….

And don’t type that nonsensical magical  arm strength increasing machine that the Patriots posses, according to @Smashmouth ???

What tf is going on around here today ?????

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

That’s the @jgb I know!

You are most effective when you are jumping into conversations that don’t concern you and giving your input without full understanding of what’s being debated  ?

A+

If you fart in a public place, other people are allowed to say "Ew!" without knowing what you had for lunch.

Take it to PM if you don't want others to chime in.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

He is physically limited!  and his ceiling is low, how much more can he improve from what he is right now? 

I’ll wait….

And don’t type that nonsensical magical  arm strength increasing machine that the Patriots posses, according to @Smashmouth ???

What tf is going on around here today ?????

I never argued his arm strength will increase. I argued that it's over the pass/fail line and that now intangibles, smarts, and intelligence will define him. Which is looking pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Zach needs to master his strengths before he can even start to tackle his weaknesses. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Smash has been here forever. Stop it with the Pats fan bullsh*t. If you can't talk Football (**** Jets Football,  it's broken and boring nowadays), without calling people names and throwing insults, then stop. Smash is as much a NE fan as I am. ZERO. 

Right now, and possibly forever,  Mac Jones is Light years ahead of Zach. Period. Not difficult to see by any objective measurements.  

He'll, I'm old enough to have been around here for the "Pennington is better than Brady, you'll see!!" Crap some people here pushed. 

Not so much. 

You should really do one of 2 things…

-mind your business 

OR

-read both parts of the conversation before tagging yourself in. 

I said bush league takes and you jump in accusing me of “calling names and throwing insults” but conveniently leave out when actual insults and names were directed to me.

Just mind your business if you can’t be fair and unbiased , thank you! 

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You should really do one of 2 things…

-mind your business 

OR

-read both parts of the conversation before tagging yourself in. 

I said bush league takes and you jump in accusing me of “calling names and throwing insults” but conveniently leave out when actual insults and names were directed to me.

Just mind your business if you can’t be fair and unbiased , thank you! 

5wzklq.jpg

• Haha 3

All this Mac Jones stuff is missing the point. Last nights game IMO put a gigantic exclamation point on the fact that nothing is more important than the offensive line. We need to work towards having a Top 5 OL.  And yes before you say it we need to get better on defense.  But even in the pass happy NFL we live in it is still true that games are determined by OL then DL or by unicorn QBs like Rodgers and Brady. Cannot put Mahomes in the unicorn category yet as he has not been the same without great OL play and his weapons are still ridiculoous.

• Sympathy 1