Non-Jets Related: Immaculate Reception "All 22" Wide Angle Game Film - Enhanced

True story - was watching the game at a friend's house.  He had a bunch of brothers and we were all sitting around a small B&W tv.

Even back then, everyone outside of Oakland despised the Raiders so when Stabler ran for 40 yards (still hard to believe) for what seemed like the winning TD, we were all despondent.  My friend and his family all went out of the room for the last few minutes of the game.

But not me.  Watched until the very end.  Then I walked into the kitchen where most of them had gathered and calmly stated that the Steelers won the game.  No one believed me.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, peebag said:

True story - was watching the game at a friend's house.  He had a bunch of brothers and we were all sitting around a small B&W tv.

Even back then, everyone outside of Oakland despised the Raiders so when Stabler ran for 40 yards (still hard to believe) for what seemed like the winning TD, we were all despondent.  My friend and his family all went out of the room for the last few minutes of the game.

But not me.  Watched until the very end.  Then I walked into the kitchen where most of them had gathered and calmly stated that the Steelers won the game.  No one believed me.

That's amazing 

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Even more (and different!) footage of this famous play.

At 1:45 is an end zone view.

If you read the quotes on YT - people are looking for the entire game footage.

To be honest, it was a rather boring game except for the last two minutes.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Apparently this was the first postseason victory in Steelers' history.  What a way to win it!

I started following the Steelers that season because the Jets were rarely on in my neck of the woods.

Hard to believe but they were crappy for their entire history up to that point.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

If you read the quotes on YT - people are looking for the entire game footage.

To be honest, it was a rather boring game except for the last two minutes.

All I know about this game is that famous play.  It always seemed like it was an exciting game because that's all I know about it.  Though I did listen to the video I just posted and it sounded like neither offense could move the ball all day long.  

1 hour ago, peebag said:

I started following the Steelers that season because the Jets were rarely on in my neck of the woods.

Hard to believe but they were crappy for their entire history up to that point.

I've read about some of the Steelers' early history and knew they were considered a loser franchise for a while.  It's part of what gives me hope for the Jets!  :)

I know Terry Bradshaw didn't get along with Noll and wanted out.  Until things clicked, of course.  I also know Bradshaw had a reputation for being a redneck idiot.  He's had quite a career (that's still going!) for a guy they said such things about.  

• 2 weeks later...