betting on the jets

every week there are posts where people say they are betting on the jets-it is one of the worst moves you can ever make-never bet with your heart-as a jets fan you know more then anybody just how bad this team is.

a simple way to make lots of money last year and this year is betting against the jets-I know I know as a Jets fan betting vs them is a painful choice to make so if you cant stomach that just save yourself the misery of betting on them and losing as most bets are going to be doomed no matter how good the spread looks. 

The jets are the worst team in the NFL vs the spread and it is not close

they are 3-9 vs the spread -betting against the jets you have 9 wins vs 3 losses-that is the type of % a gambler would kill for and  you dont need stats or models to figure out how most games will go

betting on the jets you cover just 25% a number that would destroy a degenerate gambler

the top teams to bet on so far are packers, cards dallas and the pats -a bit of a surprise the trash lions covered 67%

last year the jets covered only 37.5% only team worse was  dallas

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

every week there are posts where people say they are betting on the jets-it is one of the worst moves you can ever make-never bet with your heart-as a jets fan you know more then anybody just how bad this team is.

a simple way to make lots of money last year and this year is betting against the jets-I know I know as a Jets fan betting vs them is a painful choice to make so if you cant stomach that just save yourself the misery of betting on them and losing as most bets are going to be doomed no matter how good the spread looks. 

they are 3-9 vs the spread -betting against the jets you have 9 wins vs 3 losses-that is the type of % a gambler would kill for and  you dont need stats or models to figure out how most games will go

betting on the jets you cover just 25% a number that would destroy a degenerate gambler

the top teams to bet on so far are packers, cards dallas and the pats -a bit of a surprise the trash lions covered 67%

image.jpeg.0955862431f9f107f69a65a920945181.jpeg

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Does betting with your head over your heart improve your odds vs the spread?   If you want to gamble in a game of skill try poker.  

when it comes to the jets betting your head is a smart way to make lots of money and there is not much skill to it-poker is definitely a game of skill and poker you need a big bankroll to compete most times -to steal a quote from rounders-the size of your stack is almost as important as the quality of your cards

Just now, Biggs said:

I don't think it matters.  The point spreads pretty much equal the playing field between heart and head.  

not with the jets-as a fan if u bet with your heart you lost 75% of the time this year and last year lost 63%

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

when it comes to the jets betting your head is a smart way to make lots of money and there is not much skill to it-poker is definitely a game of skill and poker you need a big bankroll to compete most times -to steal a quote from rounders-the size of your stack is almost as important as the quality of your cards

Nobody truly  knows how bad or good the Jets will be on any given day. Would you have been confident betting against them this weekend with Minshew starting for the Eagles? It's  a tough bet to make. Poker on the other hand is really a lot of skill. I know, I play in a weekly game. Problem is we know each other so well, it's  hard to take advantage of anyone. We really play for the conversation. Still fun to see how mad some guys get when you beat them for a big pot.

My saying the 2-7 Jets would go 0-8 with 8 games left to finish 2-15 wasn't a parlay sucker bet. It was my forecast for the Jets with 8 games left on their schedule. If the Jets go 3-14 I would be 7-1 with a straight up (no points spread) win percentage of 87.5%. That's not too shabby. 

@Barry McCockinner

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

For me it is about the action vs the dollars. Hitting the jets ml on the titan game and the rest of your sunday is enjoyable. You catch a few player prop bets along the way and it makes the game a little bit tolerable. Now if they would take away the option of me betting mims anytime touchdown scorer. That would help

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

For me it is about the action vs the dollars. Hitting the jets ml on the titan game and the rest of your sunday is enjoyable. You catch a few player prop bets along the way and it makes the game a little bit tolerable. Now if they would take away the option of me betting mims anytime touchdown scorer. That would help

You need to look for the Mims anytime sighting prop bet. 

I don't bet on the spread with the Jets because that never seems to hit.  I look for props (Over on INTs are usually good), and Under on whatever the hell Corey Davis projects to catch also works.  I don't like betting on spreads in general. because I think player props are much closer to fantasy football, which I'm better prepared for than straight gambling.