Zach Wilson was OUTSTANDING vs the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday! All-22 Film Breakdown!... an Aussies take

jetsons

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Encouraged is not the same as "OMG Wilson is a HOF QB" 

I never said that. I'm certainly encouraged, but many people aren't because Darnold also had some flash games, but he sucks still. So people do have a reason to not be encouraged, the issue is that people are downright saying he sucks because the game was a flash game.

5 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I gotta say, this Philly game was encouraging as far as the offense was concerned. ZW looked like he was leading the O more than other games.

I think the Jets really need leaders on each side of the ball. ZW needs to be able to lead the O, and as you said he's obviously improved from previous games. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

I never said that. I'm certainly encouraged, but many people aren't because Darnold also had some flash games, but he sucks still. So people do have a reason to not be encouraged, the issue is that people are downright saying he sucks because the game was a flash game.

Well then we are on the same page. My bad. 

I was encouraged after the win 2 weeks ago and I loved Wilson in the first half last week. 

He needs to get better and he needs to be more consistent, but these are all steps in the right direction. We should be, as a fanbase, encouraged. 

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Awaiting the haters and the broken to arrive to slam Zachary...

35664691-business-man-working-on-computer-desk-busy-office-worker-computing-on-lap-top.jpg

That’s the issue with this board lately.

I’ll admit to not buying into what I’ve seen from Wilson this year,(and I’ve been as critical as anyone) but it seems like the people who do see some good things are getting pounded in every thread they start or mocked whenever they opine differently.

It might be better to let the Optus/ homers (or whatever term I should use here) have some safe threads. We don’t need to step on their toes all the time.

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Well then we are on the same page. My bad. 

I was encouraged after the win 2 weeks ago and I loved Wilson in the first half last week. 

He needs to get better and he needs to be more consistent, but these are all steps in the right direction. We should be, as a fanbase, encouraged. 

I totally agree. The team showed it can beat bad teams even when ZW plays sub-par against Houston, which is good. Then ZW proved he can improve, especially some of his weaknesses. Wilson threw a few passes into the dirt to avoid sacks, and he took a sack once instead of doing another shovel INT. These are things I think we all like to see. Oh, and he also threw some nice and easy passes instead of lasering 3 yard passes. Encouraging

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It was his best outing as a pro.  You could see the improvement.  It was by no means an outstanding performance.

Looking forward to see if zach can take another step forward this week.

Joe, how about being consistent as a start... then we can go form there. 

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It was his best outing as a pro.  You could see the improvement.  It was by no means an outstanding performance.

Looking forward to see if zach can take another step forward this week.

I won "most improved swimmer" at my neighborhood swim club's swim team when I was 12. Started as the worst, finished as the 3rd worst. A new kid joined the team mid-season. 200-lb 10 year old. He was there on advice of his doctor.

The atrocious defense performance overshadowed Wilson's best game as a Jet. He put the team in the endzone on THREE consecutive drives. We missed on three PAT attempts, and the defense allowed the defense to march down the field took after each TD. It took the piss out of Wilson's performance. 

Zach made a few mistakes, but he cannot stop the defense from allowing the Eagles to score on every single drive until the punt at the end of the game where they weren't trying. 

21 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The throw at 3:20 that was dropped.

ZW got beaten up for that one too - many thought it was a bad throw.

It was a perfect throw - only place he could have put it...and it's a catch NFL receivers HAVE to make.

Holy sh*t, you're worse than this Aussie who is totally and utterly full of sh*t and has no clue what he's talking about?   A perfect throw?  Perfect?  2 inches off the ground to an open receiver breaking to a wide-open part of the field, is a perfect throw?  Perfect?   Zach Wilson himself would have told you he could have had better location on that ball and you're calling it perfect?

lmfao

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Holy sh*t, you're worse the Aussie who is totally and utterly full of sh*t and has no clue what he's talking about?   A perfect throw?  Perfect?  2 inches off the ground to an open receiver breaking to a wide-open part of the field, is a perfect throw?  Perfect?   Zach Wilson himself would have told you he could have had better location on that ball and you're calling it perfect?

lmfao

You see low passes on in breaking routes like that completed over the middle of the field almost every game in the NFL and nobody bats an eye.

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The fact that you're using low to describe the pass kind of eliminates it from being considered as perfect though, no?

While I don't know the intent of the throw.  I do know that you see passes that look exactly like that in every single game that are never described as being off target.  If that pass is caught nobody would question it.  I think those are thrown low on purpose because of the tight coverage and you want to limit the potential for a popped up ball in the middle of the field because the hit is definitely coming.

It's kind of like a fade being thrown high to limit the potential for a turnover, your guy catches it, or it's incomplete.  Same concept.  There are definitely fades that are described as high, while also being thrown "perfectly".  

So, to answer your question.  No.