..saints' leading receiver suspended before Jets matchup

rox

The Jets won’t have to deal with the Saints’ top receiver this weekend when New Orleans travels to MetLife Stadium.

That’s because Deonte Harris has been suspended three games for a summer DUI arrest. Harris previously appealed but was unsuccessful. He was sentenced to one year of supervised probation following the arrest...

- -  https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/07/new-york-jets-new-orleans-saints-deonte-harris-suspended/

The fact that Harris was their top receiver is sad. I think he's normally #3 or 4 when the WR room is all healthy. If I remember right, Thomas, Callaway, and Smith are supposed to be their normal top 3. 

Well, you know how this usually goes! Some obscure WR is probably going to have 300 receiving yards and 5 TDs this game!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hex said:

The fact that Harris was their top receiver is sad. I think he's normally #3 or 4 when the WR room is all healthy. If I remember right, Thomas, Callaway, and Smith are supposed to be their normal top 3. 

Well, you know how this usually goes! Some obscure WR is probably going to have 300 receiving yards and 5 TDs this game!

You know, I take that back. Their starting QB's strength is rushing, and Alvin Kamara is back. Get ready for Taysom Hill to throw 5/6 for 27 yards and the team rushing for 600 yards and 7 TDs. I'm excited

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rox said:

The Jets won’t have to deal with the Saints’ top receiver this weekend when New Orleans travels to MetLife Stadium.

That’s because Deonte Harris has been suspended three games for a summer DUI arrest. Harris previously appealed but was unsuccessful. He was sentenced to one year of supervised probation following the arrest...

- -  https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/07/new-york-jets-new-orleans-saints-deonte-harris-suspended/

Can someone let Saleh/Ullbrich know that they don't have to prepare for him.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, rox said:

nobody needs WRs against us. they just need a RB and a TE. 

1 hour ago, Hex said:

You know, I take that back. Their starting QB's strength is rushing, and Alvin Kamara is back. Get ready for Taysom Hill to throw 5/6 for 27 yards and the team rushing for 600 yards and 7 TDs. I'm excited

2 for Kamara (1 rushing, 1 receiving), 1 for Ingram, 1 for Hill.

34-14

The Saints expect Taysom Hill to be their starting quarterback when New Orleans visits the Jets in Week 14.

Hill is dealing with an injury to his throwing hand and coming off a four-interception performance against the Cowboys. But that won’t stop him from getting another shot against Gang Green.“This will be the next opportunity for him and I think he’ll do well,” Saints HC Sean Payton said Wednesday, per NewOrleans.Football’s Nick Underhill.

Hill replaced ex-Jets QB Trevor Siemian as the starter in the Saints’ loss to Dallas. Siemian was filling in for Jameis Winston, who suffered a season-ending knee injury. The mobile Hill totaled 101 rushing yards to go along with 264 passing yards and two touchdowns, but the four picks were the main takeaway from his performance.

The Saints are 5-7 entering their matchup with the 3-9 Jets. Hill will be without New Orleans’ top target, Deonte Harris, as he is serving a three-game suspension.

- -    https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/09/new-orleans-saints-taysom-hill-new-york-jets/

Upcoming games, and related issues, are now in the "who gives sh*t" category.   This season is just another in myriad cluster f*cks. So, whatever happens on Sunday means next to nothing.

Oh, even with this scrub receiver gone (#1?  lol), Peyton's offense puts up big numbers against our D.  28-6 NOLA.

The Jets’ Week 14 matchup with the Saints will be a bit tougher with running back Alvin Kamara set to return.

Kamara missed the past four games with a knee injury but was a full participant in practice Wednesday, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport. That likely means the dual-threat running back will start in Week 14 against the Jets, but he could be without his running mate.Veteran RB Mark Ingram, who the Saints acquired before the trade deadline, tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday, according to NOLA.com’s Jeff Duncan.

Ingram is vaccinated and could still play against the Jets if he tests negative for the virus twice 24 hours apart.Either running back poses a solid test for the Jets’ horrific run defense. Kamara has rushed 146 times for 530 yards and three touchdowns with 32 receptions for 310 yards and four receiving touchdowns in eight games. Ingram, meanwhile, has 55 carries for 233 yards and a touchdown, plus 18 receptions for 130 yards, in five games.

The Jets have allowed the third-most rushing yards per game this season (133.4).

- -  https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/09/new-orleans-saints-alvin-kamara-mark-ingram-new-york-jets/