Should I egg and toilet paper my neighbor's house?

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

hahahaha - another funny story, and I could totally see Nolder being this guy.

I have an unused baseball field turning into a useless pasture that is like 300 yards from my house.  When covid started and I was home all day, I would bring my dogs to the park every morning to throw the ball, run them to death and it was perfect because when they got home, they were knocked the F out for a good 4-5 hours after.  It was early, nobody out, we didnt bother anyone and they are command trained, so we cause no issues, ever.  Well, after about a year of this, one day I'm stopped by the cops.  Some Nolder like character started calling the cops on me and the dogs....and anytime I take them off leash now, the cops come.  It's ******* bullsh*t.  Pisses me off so bad.  And the real ****ed up part, he only calls the cops on me.  Plenty of people use the park for the same reason.

@Nolder - did you move to Florida?

Your neighbors lack of understanding that barking dogs at 5:30 am is in my view a losing battle.  They dont see it, you cant help them see it. I hate that for you...  

But someone else see's you that way with dobermans off the leash.  I personally, if I were walking, would be very put back by Dobermans off the leash.  I know here in Charlotte, we have leash laws in the city proper but people do it anyway.

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Your neighbors lack of understanding that barking dogs at 5:30 am is in my view a losing battle.  They dont see it, you cant help them see it. I hate that for you...  

But someone else see's you that way with dobermans off the leash.  I personally, if I were walking, would be very put back by Dobermans off the leash.  I know here in Charlotte, we have leash laws in the city proper but people do it anyway.

I understand being intimated by Dobermans and honestly, I wouldnt trust them with those little dogs that trigger them, I do think they'd kill them with the quickness.  My boy has killed numerous rodents - opossum, squirrel and rat.   He's kind of gnarly.  Does the whole shake them till their neck brakes.   They'd 100% do that to those dogs.

The baseball field sh*t is stupid.  It's fenced in.  If you saw me running two 90-pound Dobermans who fight like wild dogs and you brought your dog over to the park to see what's going, that's on you.  lol   We are minding our business for a reason.  The sh*tty thing is, other people keep their dogs off leash and never get the cops called on them, only me.  I can only assume I banged his wife at somepoint.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

hahahaha - another funny story, and I could totally see Nolder being this guy.

I have an unused baseball field turning into a useless pasture that is like 300 yards from my house.  When covid started and I was home all day, I would bring my dogs to the park every morning to throw the ball, run them to death and it was perfect because when they got home, they were knocked the F out for a good 4-5 hours after.  It was early, nobody out, we didnt bother anyone and they are command trained, so we cause no issues, ever.  Well, after about a year of this, one day I'm stopped by the cops.  Some Nolder like character started calling the cops on me and the dogs....and anytime I take them off leash now, the cops come.  It's ******* bullsh*t.  Pisses me off so bad.  And the real ****ed up part, he only calls the cops on me.  Plenty of people use the park for the same reason.

@Nolder - did you move to Florida?

FFS I hate people.  

We had 2 big black labs growing up, and my Dad would do basically the same thing over at the baseball fields where I played little league (when the fields were empty and/or games and practices weren't going on, etc of course).  Would let them off the leash and let them runnnnnn like crazy.  Then he and I would have a catch and he'd hit me some grounders and fly balls and do some BP. 

It was perfect, and no one EVER bothered him about it.  And those days were some of my fondest childhood memories.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Me too.

I LOVE dogs, I'm talking baby talk level love, but if Im walking and an unleashed large dog comes at me, 'm pulling my revolver out and firing. Afterwards, I'd feel horrible. But I am not getting bit by anyones dog. That irresponsibility is 100% on the owner.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Yea thats early..... a lot of people wake up and love to walk their dogs early. Its still a free country from what I remember though so really what can you say? Some people work night shift so to them 530 is after work.....

I have a similar problem. My babies hear some noise and they start barking. Its annoying but it comes with the territory if you are a dog lover

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

FFS I hate people.  

We had 2 big black labs growing up, and my Dad would do basically the same thing over at the baseball fields where I played little league (when the fields were empty and/or games and practices weren't going on, etc of course).  Would let them off the leash and let them runnnnnn like crazy.  Then he and I would have a catch and he'd hit me some grounders and fly balls and do some BP. 

It was perfect, and no one EVER bothered him about it.  And those days were some of my fondest childhood memories.

Learned helplessness. People don't solve their own problems anymore. They spy from the bushes then make a phone call and have someone else do it for them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFapono said:

lmfao - jeezus, Jax has sidewalks, you bozo.  I live in a beach community built in the 50's, there is no room for sidewalks.  This is worse than Pac's, "there are no trees in Florida" take. lol

Kneejerk reaction to anything you mention about your city that seems weird, my bad.

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

FFS I hate people.  

Here's the thing, it's not used.  Ever!  There is a back stop, no clay, no bases, no baseline, it's literally just a field of grass/weeds that goes completely unused, every single day.  Pisses me off so bad.  And the cops dont care.  Every time they're called, they are like, "dude, we dont want to be doing this" ...lol.  One of them said they cant stay this guy and he was going to come throw the ball with them one day to piss him off. Anywho, 1st world problems. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Here's the thing, it's not used.  Ever!  There is a back stop, no clay, no bases, no baseline, it's literally just a field of grass/weeds that goes completely unused, every single day.  Pisses me off so bad.  And the cops dont care.  Every time they're called, they are like, "dude, we dont want to be doing this" ...lol.  One of them said they cant stay this guy and he was going to come throw the ball with them one day to piss him off. Anywho, 1st world problems. 

So lame.  Since the cops are on your side on this one I wish there was a way to get this one solved...

45 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Me too.

I LOVE dogs, I'm talking baby talk level love, but if Im walking and an unleashed large dog comes at me, 'm pulling my revolver out and firing. Afterwards, I'd feel horrible. But I am not getting bit by anyones dog. That irresponsibility is 100% on the owner.

If you shot my dog who accidently got out of the house because I'm not perfect and you're a scared fool who can't handle an animal, I'd find you, kidnap you and torture you for the rest of your life.  That's how much I love my dogs.  

edit: hypothetically speaking, not really directed at you, just realized that was gnarly.  lol 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I understand being intimated by Dobermans and honestly, I wouldnt trust them with those little dogs that trigger them, I do think they'd kill them with the quickness.  My boy has killed numerous rodents - opossum, squirrel and rat.   He's kind of gnarly.  Does the whole shake them till their neck brakes.   They'd 100% do that to those dogs.

The baseball field sh*t is stupid.  It's fenced in.  If you saw me running two 90-pound Dobermans who fight like wild dogs and you brought your dog over to the park to see what's going, that's on you.  lol   We are minding our business for a reason.  The sh*tty thing is, other people keep their dogs off leash and never get the cops called on them, only me.  I can only assume I banged his wife at somepoint.

I am absolutely pro dog.  Mine (before passed) could go off leash but I would never do it.  I went to my daughters graduation at UNC a few years ago and some guy with his dog off the leash in an open park (not a dog park) jumped on my daughter (in a happy way) but got mud all over her dress.  He was hardly apologetic. Like it was my daughters fault for wearing a dress in a park.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Yea thats early..... a lot of people wake up and love to walk their dogs early. Its still a free country from what I remember though so really what can you say? Some people work night shift so to them 530 is after work.....

I have a similar problem. My babies hear some noise and they start barking. Its annoying but it comes with the territory if you are a dog lover

Basic laws dictate... there are leash laws and noise ordinance laws.  In this scenario, both are most likely outside the law. 

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

If you shot my dog who accidently got out of the house because I'm not perfect and you're a scared fool who can't handle an animal, I'd find you, kidnap you and torture you for the rest of your life.  That's how much I love my dogs.  

I unfortunately think a jury of independent people would side with the gun owner as he stated a Doberman or Rotweiler was coming at him....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I unfortunately think a jury of independent people would side with the gun owner as he stated a Doberman or Rotweiler was coming at him....

Well then I would ask my lawyer to read this speech and hopefully win.  I can't ever read this speech without crying like a baby by the end.

https://www.historyplace.com/speeches/vest.htm

George Graham Vest - Tribute to the Dog

George Graham Vest (1830-1904) served as U.S. Senator from Missouri from 1879 to 1903 and became one of the leading orators and debaters of his time. This delightful speech is from an earlier period in his life when he practiced law in a small Missouri town. It was given in court while representing a man who sued another for the killing of his dog. During the trial, Vest ignored the testimony, and when his turn came to present a summation to the jury, he made the following speech and won the case.

thin-blue-365.jpg

Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.

George Graham Vest - c. 1855

@Nolder

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I am absolutely pro dog.  Mine (before passed) could go off leash but I would never do it.  I went to my daughters graduation at UNC a few years ago and some guy with his dog off the leash in an open park (not a dog park) jumped on my daughter (in a happy way) but got mud all over her dress.  He was hardly apologetic. Like it was my daughters fault for wearing a dress in a park.  

I should preface, there is nobody around when I was doing this every morning. It's a fenced in area, early in the morning and again, it's unused.  I'd still clean up after them too, no piles left behind, etc.  Legit, bothered nobody.  Occasionally someone would walk by in the distance and my girl would run to the fence and bark for like 5 seconds before I got her to stop, that's the extent of it.  lol

I cant really do dark parks with them because they fight really rough.  Other dogs cant really keep up and if they try to, it gets a little sketchy and it's just better I dont put them in that situation.  My neighbor has a lab that can hang, so they play with him but that's about it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You will love that speech I just posted above.

Oh I'm familiar, it's special and so true.  I'm a sucker for a good dog/owner story.  Love the ones where they like wont leave their grave, or go to the place they last saw them or go the park they went to ever. etc routine of a dog who lost it's owner.  My favorite stories.  I'd like to think my dogs would do that but, not a chance. hahahaha

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You will love that speech I just posted above.

I love dogs but living in a city apartment and moving countries at the drop of a hat, not currently in the cards. 2 cats instead. Check out this speech about the love of a cat to his family:

I'll have to get back to you on that one.

20 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

100%.  I was just more so expressing how much I love my dogs.  lol

Im at the point.... I want another dog.. Just bought a house that backs up to hole 2 at my club and if I put up a fence, it changes the "ambience", but I am there emotionally. I loved walking my dog, talking to him etc.

nikki.jpg

• Sympathy 4

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well then I would ask my lawyer to read this speech and hopefully win.  I can't ever read this speech without crying like a baby by the end.

https://www.historyplace.com/speeches/vest.htm

George Graham Vest - Tribute to the Dog

George Graham Vest (1830-1904) served as U.S. Senator from Missouri from 1879 to 1903 and became one of the leading orators and debaters of his time. This delightful speech is from an earlier period in his life when he practiced law in a small Missouri town. It was given in court while representing a man who sued another for the killing of his dog. During the trial, Vest ignored the testimony, and when his turn came to present a summation to the jury, he made the following speech and won the case.

thin-blue-365.jpg

Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.

George Graham Vest - c. 1855

@Nolder

I'm reminded of a tee shirt that stated  "I wish I were half the man my dog thought I was".

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2021 at 6:51 AM, JiFapono said:

Because I dont know what else to do.  I guess I could have just like a simple conversation but I dont think it would register because they're clearly morons.

You're probably asking, what's the issue JiFapono?  Well, let me explain.

I own 2 Dobermans.  Jackson and Minzi.   Consistent with the breed, they're very protective.  Especially Minzi, the female, any dogs she sees or hears, sets her off.  Jackson, not so much.  Just a few dogs in the neighborhood, not sure why but they trigger him big time.  Otherwise, he couldnt care less.   Well, a couple of the dogs that do are a 2 little sh*t yapper dogs that belong to neighbors 2 doors down.   He hates them, he wants to eat them and quite frankly, the couple is weird and I dont really enjoy interacting with them either.  Maybe he feels that, I dont know.  

So here is the issue, these ****ers, walks their dogs in the pitch dark, with flashlights between 5:00-5:30am every morning.  These dogs, bark at the wind.  So, every morning walking down the street is this couple, flashlights in hand, with 2 dogs that bark their faces off the entire walk....and guess what it does in my house?  Holy sh*t!  You would think my house is getting broken into.  My dogs go ******* crazy and there is no possible way these assholes, dont hear that they set my house off every ******* morning while we're asleep.  I'm an early riser but 5:00am?  **** you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the thing, they can walk the other direction.  I'm not on a dead-end street.   In fact, if they walk opposite of my house, there is a nice little park at the end of the road that they can walk their dogs around.  Now, I live at the beach and if they want to get to the beach, they will have to walk past my house but they don't!!!!!!!!!!!  They're not going to the beach, they walk them down the street, cover every angle of my house and then they double back, directly pass my house again!!!!!!!!!

My only solution is to toilet paper and egg their house every week for the rest of their lives.  Reasonable response?  Please advise.

I feel ya. We have the same problem. My dog goes ape sh!t over any dog that walks past. He wants to tear them up. The walkers can certainly hear that my dog goes nuts. Same guy, every morning at 7:10 am has to go by. I am up , but wifey is not. 

We are on a cul-de-sac too. It would be easy for him to bypass my house.

Another family at the corner entering the cul de sac has a dog that they of course let out to the yard. He will start barking Normal people--that is the signal to let their dog in. Not them.

Social graces are just gone these days.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

edit: hypothetically speaking, not really directed at you, just realized that was gnarly.  lol 

i get it. But Being mauled by an animal is among my worst fears since a child