***Official: Mike LaFleur‘s apology thread***

It is an admirable sentiment. LaFleur's viability with the Jets is going to be totally dependent upon the development of the kid QB. They are tied at the hip. I can't see how if Wilson fails, LaFleur survives. Or anyone in this regime for that matter.

My mark for him is INCOMPLETE. But it appears he has been doing more of own his homework now, and not copying someone else. 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is an admirable sentiment. LaFleur's viability with the Jets is going to be totally dependent upon the development of the kid QB. They are tied at the hip. I can't see how if Wilson fails, LaFleur survives. Or anyone in this regime for that matter.

My mark for him is INCOMPLETE. But it appears he has been doing more of own his homework now, and not copying someone else. 

All the QBs have flourished under LaFleur‘s system except Wilson, who is slowly catching on. For those reasons, I put JD on the firing line first.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, JoeDouglasFart said:

All the QBs have flourished under LaFleur‘s system except Wilson, who is slowly catching on. For those reasons, I put JD on the firing line first.

Have all coaches succeeded under the Bill Bellichick system?

That is not a real criteria basis in my mind. The LaFleur coaching branches really come under the Shanahan tree.

32 minutes ago, JoeDouglasFart said:

I have to admit that I wanted to see him fired. I called him a Smurf and other names. I was wrong and I apologize to you Mikey. Way to turn things around! 

I also believed that our D was going to be a 10-15 range by the end of this year...boy I got it all wrong!

So for all of you that preemptively fired Little Mike, come out and apologize!

Maybe if we could show the same patience for the rest of this staff including JD, we would feel the same by the end of next year.

• Upvote 3

It's like being a fat f*** for years and then hiring a personal trainer, sticking to an exercise plan and implementing good nutrition. 

You're not going to transform over night. It's going to take time and it's going to be frustrating for quite a while.

We're all just impatient because it's been a decade of terrible football.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Maybe if we could show the same patience for the rest of this staff including JD, we would feel the same by the end of next year.

So if we all stop posting our thoughts and analysis and opinions (pro and con) as we go along, because "patience", and are only allowed to post opinions on these folks in a few years time......what do you want to talk about now?

Maybe I might suggest that day by day analysis and "have patience" are not mutually exclusive.

Zach pretty much is the worst QB in the NFL so far.  That is (crude, admittedly) analysis.

Zach will be here for a minimum of 40 more games (three years).  That is acknowledging that we "have to have patience" regardless of if we want to or not.

I get a feeling the "have patience" people are ALSO the people who proclaim our coaches and players as great and awesome at the first sign of anything positive, and what they REALLY mean by "have patience" is "stop being negative by posting facts counter to positivity about underperforming people".

For example, are any of you "have patience" folks yourselves "having patience" when it comes to Elijah Moore, or is he already amazing, awesome, starter bestest draft pick eva' as you see it, no "patience" required on that one to see how it turns out in a few years?

Am I allowed to be critical that JD has failed to find a Kicker despite many opportunities and 3 years of being in the job?  

Or do I have to have patience with JD on that too?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So if we all stop posting our thoughts and analysis and opinions (pro and con) as we go along, because "patience", and are only allowed to post opinions on these folks in a few years time......what do you want to talk about now?

Maybe I might suggest that day by day analysis and "have patience" are not mutually exclusive.

Zach pretty much is the worst QB in the NFL so far.  That is (crude, admittedly) analysis.

Zach will be here for a minimum of 40 more games (three years).  That is acknowledging that we "have to have patience" regardless of if we want to or not.

I get a feeling the "have patience" people are ALSO the people who proclaim our coaches and players as great and awesome at the first sign of anything positive, and what they REALLY mean by "have patience" is "stop being negative by posting facts counter to positivity about underperforming people".

For example, are any of you "have patience" folks yourselves "having patience" when it comes to Elijah Moore, or is he already amazing, awesome, starter bestest draft pick eva' as you see it, no "patience" required on that one to see how it turns out in a few years?

Am I allowed to be critical that JD has failed to find a Kicker despite many opportunities and 3 years of being in the job?  

Or do I have to have patience with JD on that too?

And the same ones who try to shut down criticism of Zach now, will also try to shut it down when and if they Jets finally give up to him. At that point saying, "He's not a Jet anymore. Stop beating a dead horse."

As you point out, it's just never the right time to criticize the Jets latest "QB of the future."

• Upvote 2

The offense was poor, he acknowledged it, said he has to go back and see what was wrong, he went into the booth, made adjustments and the O looks from functional to really good.

Then we look at defense, stinko scheme, poor play making same errors over and over, no adjustments, almost no acknowledgement of the fail of that side of the ball.

• Upvote 3

i had some doubts but also realized that he is a newbie at his position and it was going to take time.  he's doing better but i still think he doesn't adjust as much as he should or could during games.  sunday's game was an example.  the eagles adjusted to the jets offence but lafleur didn't match the adjustment.  i'll give him some part of a pass because he's running out of players.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Can’t wait to see a similar thread for Saleh next year.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

"I have to admit that I wanted to see him fired. I called him "Salad" and other names. I was wrong and I apologize to you Robby. Way to turn things around! 

I also believed that our D was going to be a 30-32 range by the end of this year...boy I got it all wrong!

So for all of you that preemptively fired Little Robert, come out and apologize!"

~Somebody in December 2022

• Haha 2