***Official: Mike LaFleur‘s apology thread***

2 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

I'm just here for the anti Zach Wilson posts, sure to follow as the culprit ruining LaFleur's beautiful offense. 

To be fair, that comment is correct.  You can't say LaFleur should get time, and not give it to Zach.

BUT....to offer a different perspective.  I think a lot of people have come around to see LaFleur as 'MAYBE' okay after those first four games.  He finished hand-holding, went and did his job. 

Wilson doesn't seem to be doing so hot in that regard.  I have COMPLETELY been on the 'give Zach time' train, just like I am on the 'give JD time' train.  But Zach had four weeks to sit back and learn.  Zach doesn't appear to have learned much in those four weeks.  There is a LOT of problems, and at some point, you have to cut bait.  In hockey and baseball, you get to go to the minors and work your stuff out.  Roy Halladay would have been flipping burgers if he was a football player.  in baseball, he got to go to the minors, work on some mechanics/confidence issues, and went on to be a HOF.  The NFL doesn't afford that kind of luxury, like it probably should.  It would sure as hell improve the product.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

So if we all stop posting our thoughts and analysis and opinions (pro and con) as we go along, because "patience", and are only allowed to post opinions on these folks in a few years time......what do you want to talk about now?

Well, we used to talk about politics, religion, girls, and funny stuff before (on the, ah, you know.....OTHER PLACE)

But we can't do those things anymore, soWordart GIFGeorge Costanza Seinfeld GIF

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Maybe you shouldn't watch a 3-9 team because CLEARLY, you don't enjoy it!

Do we always watch our football teams because we enjoy it?

I certainly don't enjoy watching the Jets defense, that doesn't mean I shouldn't; they're my team

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

I certainly don't enjoy watching the Jets defense, that doesn't mean I shouldn't; they're my team

1 hour ago, Hex said:

I'm REALLY not sure how to answer that.  I mean, YES?  That is why you watch them?  And if it stops being enjoyable, whether they are your team or not, you don't watch them?  

I mean, it works for me.  I have watched about 5-7 games in the past two seasons.  I figure, what's the point until the product is better.  

16 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I'm REALLY not sure how to answer that.  I mean, YES?  That is why you watch them?  And if it stops being enjoyable, whether they are your team or not, you don't watch them?  

I watch the games because my view of being a fan is to watch their games no matter what crap is going on. I made assumptions about what you do as a fan, and I shouldn't have. But that's what I was talking about.

10 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

It's like being a fat f*** for years and then hiring a personal trainer, sticking to an exercise plan and implementing good nutrition. 

You're not going to transform over night. It's going to take time and it's going to be frustrating for quite a while.

We're all just impatient because it's been a decade of terrible football.

@The Crusher

10 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Because this site allows daily posts, I think that rationale of opinion on this site falls on a recency bias. Which in this case (this week, Zach Wilson), the arrow for some is pointing up. This then portends the "patience" analysis, because of that recency bias. 

If the performance again dips next week, then arrow will be pointing down for the middle of the roaders.

Then, of course, you will always have some that are down all the time, or up all the time.

Opinions are weird stuff. I guess that is why @Maxman is a millionaire. Off our sweat equity of thought.

MILLIONAIRE????  I gave that bastard a whole $25 and he’s a millionaire????  

9 hours ago, JoeDouglasFart said:

I will apologize to you as well, if it happens. In the meantime,  just tone down your "ass kissing comments" and we will be alright. 

So Joe W kisses Joe’s a$$ and your username involves his farts.

Whats with your obsession with Joe Douglas’ butt??

7 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

To be fair, that comment is correct.  You can't say LaFleur should get time, and not give it to Zach.

Well LaFleur has most certainly done better at his job as a rookie OC than Wilson has as a rookie QB, and you can’t blame LaFleur for Wilson’s struggles.  As evidenced by the offense averaging 7.1 more ppg with any other QB under center. 

LaFleur is fine.  Wilson has sucked.  Wish the latter wasn’t true but it is.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Hex said:

I watch the games because my view of being a fan is to watch their games no matter what crap is going on. I made assumptions about what you do as a fan, and I shouldn't have. But that's what I was talking about.

Fair enough.  I haven't watched the product much for a couple of years, because frankly, it hasn't been worth watching.  But I honestly like what JD is doing.  It seems...different.  And different is good.  It might not work, or it might work after a long while.  Who knows!  This next draft will make or break I think.  He has a LOT of good draft capital, and I think he has some great pieces from this draft.  The first draft is just an unknown right now.  It seemed like lots of positives, but sophomore jinx has hit that draft.  We shall see about all of it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well LaFleur has most certainly done better at his job as a rookie OC than Wilson has as a rookie QB, and you can’t blame LaFleur for Wilson’s struggles.  As evidenced by the offense averaging 7.1 more ppg with any other QB under center. 

LaFleur is fine.  Wilson has sucked.  Wish the latter wasn’t true but it is.  

Yup.  Its true.  I was on the bandwagon to give him time.  But man, for a highly touted accurate passer, he SURE seems very inaccurate.  It could be trauma.  He might be just trying to hard to do everything and do it fast enough before he gets killed.  He MIGHT settle down and tap into his enormous potential.  He MIGHT not.  And like it or not, in today's NFL, you don't get long to tap into your potential.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yup.  Its true.  I was on the bandwagon to give him time.  But man, for a highly touted accurate passer, he SURE seems very inaccurate.  It could be trauma.  He might be just trying to hard to do everything and do it fast enough before he gets killed.  He MIGHT settle down and tap into his enormous potential.  He MIGHT not.  And like it or not, in today's NFL, you don't get long to tap into your potential.

Well, there is a reason that there is constantly a need for good QBs

the ones that could be good but take longer never get the chance

and that's sad but as you can tell from this board if they can't develop in their first 2 or 3 years then chances are they won't later. The NFL is fast, and teams can't linger on players that might be good

If Zach can improve greatly in his second season, outlook will be good

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Watch the all 22 for the Australian accent leave impressed lots of the the “inaccuracy” wasn’t.  

19 minutes ago, Hex said:

Well, there is a reason that there is constantly a need for good QBs

the ones that could be good but take longer never get the chance

and that's sad but as you can tell from this board if they can't develop in their first 2 or 3 years then chances are they won't later. The NFL is fast, and teams can't linger on players that might be good

If Zach can improve greatly in his second season, outlook will be good

"Fortunately" for the first time in a while, our offense is ahead of our defense.  We may lose every game because the defense is non-existent, but at least the offense is showing signs that it MAY be able to help Zach be successful (vs Chris Hogan at wr and zero OL with Darnold).

Also Lafleur > Gase.

Also no Frank Gore.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

"Fortunately" for the first time in a while, our offense is ahead of our defense.  We may lose every game because the defense is non-existent, but at least the offense is showing signs that it MAY be able to help Zach be successful (vs Chris Hogan at wr and zero OL with Darnold).

Also Lafleur > Gase.

Also no Frank Gore.

Agreed. LaFleur seems to be much better up in the booth, and one of the best things that can help Zach is an offense that can help him as much as he helps it

• Upvote 1