sit wilson this week he is doomed

kmnj

Just now, T0mShane said:

I am saying this will full sincerity. The Jets are going into this game with the best quarterback on either roster. They should roll this Saints team.

That's probably true, and yet,

Saints 31, Jets 17

Payton with 3 extra days to prepare for this defense is not what the doctor ordered. Wilson will have a similar game to the Eagle game. Some good moments, but some warts. Good enough to satisfy half the board. 

round and round we go 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

That's probably true, and yet,

Saints 31, Jets 17

Payton with 3 extra days to prepare for this defense is not what the doctor ordered. Wilson will have a similar game to the Eagle game. Some good moments, but some warts. Good enough to satisfy half the board. 

round and round we go 

That would be disappointing. The Saints are a sinking ship and the Jets are ever-so-slowly improving. Different trajectories and whatnot. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

If you can get a Wilsonian to agree up front what a successful game from Zach would look like production-wise, you're a better man than I, Tom.

For me:

No turnovers (he's gotten better at limiting turnovers, but the next step is to start going entire games and then series of games without any)

over 60% completion percentage. (similar to his last game or better)

WIN

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

For me:

No turnovers (he's gotten better at limiting turnovers, but the next step is to start going entire games and then series of games without any)

WIN

Agreed. I like that order too. To tie into completion %, throwing passes with a relative speed is also a must-do

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

For me:

WIN

Thank you, sir.

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

I'm also fine if there are turnovers that are high risk/high reward shots or ricochets. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

For me:

WIN

Very fair.

That said I don't see no turnover happening this week 

3 minutes ago, yvj said:

While there may be an argument to be made about whether he should have taken a seat like Lance is doing now or Mahomes has, now that we are at this point, he has to take his lumps and learn.

Agree plus we didn't have a QB2 that made sitting an option anyway (by design or incompetence).

• Upvote 1