One day the Braxton Berrios type of player will not be on this team

2 hours ago, Drums said:

He had potential year 1 then got Mono and BB broke him in Primetime. He wasn’t consistent before that but I do see that game as the point of no return. 

Potential, perhaps.  Productivity, no.  He was still the 32nd rated QB.  Any promise he showed his rookie year was not really any different from the promise he showed in his 2019 season when it came to what skills he demonstrated.

I seem to remember Gase getting praise in 2019.  The team went 7-9 and Darnold showed "flashes", just like he did his rookie year.  Yet somehow, in BJF1983's mind, Gase is the bogeyman who single-handedly ruined Darnold's career.  It's a silly take.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

FTR - I still have hope for Darnold. He was traded to a team that won 5 games each of the last two years. Next season will tell the tale, no more excuses, if he sucks then I'll officially give up on Sam.

The 2021 Panthers team had a good bit more talent on it than the year prior.  The defense was very good for most of the year and the offense had plenty of firepower.  The one thing holding that team back from getting to the playoffs was horrid QB play.  Replacement level QB play (like the kind former Panther QB Teddy Bridgewater provided prior to Darnold) would have been enough to get them there.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The 2021 Panthers team had a good bit more talent on it than the year prior.  The defense was very good for most of the year and the offense had plenty of firepower.  The one thing holding that team back from getting to the playoffs was horrid QB play.  Replacement level QB play (like the kind former Panther QB Teddy Bridgewater provided prior to Darnold) would have been enough to get them there.

Their 1st round CB was looking real good but was out for most of the season. Cam didn't win a game when Darnold was out with the same team.

Next year is Darnold's last chance. Either he'll play like a mid-tier QB (which is a good thing) or he'll be a backup for the next 5 years.

He'll never be a top level FQB, I've accepted that.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I KNOW you're wrong about both, because every available metric demonstrates your wrongness.  Your argument is based on feelings and nonsensical hypotheticals.  Neither of those approaches win arguments.  

No, no, there is no feelings, it's all factual ... like this quote, which is the last line of the original post:

Also i hate Berrios.

Perfectly rational and factual if you ask me.

:D  :D  :D  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

BJF1983 thinks Berrios sucks and hates him but thinks Darnold is secretly good.

Quick, BJF, tell me which lotto numbers definitely WON’T win this week?

So what are the chances BJF1983 is really Braxton Berrios and he came up with this plan to start this thread knowing most Jets fans would be in favor of not only keeping him but convince the Jet brass (if they do in fact have people reading this forum) that it is critical to sign him?

Might be more logical then stating that he flat out sucks and has no business being on the roster. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Their 1st round CB was looking real good but was out for most of the season. Cam didn't win a game when Darnold was out with the same team.

Next year is Darnold's last chance. Either he'll play like a mid-tier QB (which is a good thing) or he'll be a backup for the next 5 years.

He'll never be a top level FQB, I've accepted that.

Darnold being better than Cam at this stage in Cam's career isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.  He's been toast for 3-4 years.

• Haha 1

Just now, JiFapono said:

Braxton Berrios is a cultural building block priority signing for the NY Jets.  JD and Saleh need to set an example that hard work, dedication, love for the game and high-end production will be rewarded on this team.  Berrios sets a standard for the type of players you want on this team.   He needs to be prioritized and signed early in the process because he provides JD with a ton of flexibility both in free agency and in the draft because Berrios fills so many roles for this team; kick returner, punt returner, slot WR, sweep/reverse running threat and the niche gimmick play role.  Hypothetically, that allows JD to give a little extra money to a high-priced FA or double down on premium positions in the draft/FA.

Getter done, Tanny.

Seriously, I'm right there with you.  Can't massively overpay but these are the type of players--a combo of talent/desire/toughness that we need to retain.

He's not a superstar but he can be our Cole Beasley type player.  Big first down maker.  Move the chains.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Braxton Berrios is a cultural building block priority signing for the NY Jets.  JD and Saleh need to set an example that hard work, dedication, love for the game and high-end production will be rewarded on this team.  Berrios sets a standard for the type of players you want on this team.   He needs to be prioritized and signed early in the process because he provides JD with a ton of flexibility both in free agency and in the draft because Berrios fills so many roles for this team; kick returner, punt returner, slot WR, sweep/reverse running threat and the niche gimmick play role.  Hypothetically, that allows JD to give a little extra money to a high-priced FA or double down on premium positions in the draft/FA.

I hope when the contract is signed, a copy gets forwarded to wherever @BornJetsFan1983 works.  

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

This, plus I don't want this thread to die out so quickly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

One side note as we discuss Berrios. We have surpisingly little at the WR position if you really think about. Basically we have Corey Davis, Moore and possibly Berrios if we can resign him. We need to address WR much more than maybe people realize if the offseason.

Corey McDroppins was useless…

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

One side note as we discuss Berrios. We have surpisingly little at the WR position if you really think about. Basically we have Corey Davis, Moore and possibly Berrios if we can resign him. We need to address WR much more than maybe people realize if the offseason.

Corey Davis sucking as hard as he did was shocking to me, and its a big reason why there's such a void at WR when we thought it was now a position of strength.

I didn't expect much from Keelan Cole and he didn't provide much, so that was a wash.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Corey Davis sucking as hard as he did was surprising to me, and its a big reason why there's such a void at WR when we thought it was now a position of strength.

I didn't expect much from Keelan Cole and he didn't provide much, so that was a wash.  

I doubt Corey Davis will have another season like this again, but it seems like he excels in environments where he has a very good receiver to go with him. In Tennessee he had AJ Brown to go with him, and it made him a much more valuable target. Davis isn't a good #1 WR because he is very easy to cancel out if defenses want to. But if there's a better receiver like AJ Brown out there, he becomes an afterthought to defenses and flourishes.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Corey Davis sucking as hard as he did was shocking to me, and its a big reason why there's such a void at WR when we thought it was now a position of strength.

He made some big plays that were forgotten due to the drops.  Nobody on the Jets replaced him.  Hopefully he cleans it up and finds a way to get consistently focused.   It looks like a switch that’s off or on some plays.   

• Upvote 4

On 1/12/2022 at 5:50 AM, slats said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting the Jets should pay Berrios $10M/year or anything, but your unwillingness to acknowledge that he does indeed have quite a bit of value is frustrating. He’s proven to be a great returner, both kicks and punts, he’s a solid slot receiver -especially as the backup in that role- and also fills a niche as a ball carrier on offense. We really haven’t had a player like him since Brad Smith or Leon Washington, and he’s a better receiver than either of those guys. He’s a guy I want on the field in four WR sets on third & long, because he’s a guy who’ll get you that first down. 

Creating a thread about how much you hate this particular player is both weird and comical. 

have you read some of these posts? alot of people on here think he some sort of all star that deserves big money , me and JD disagree.

He can have a role right now and also be replaced by someone better in the years to come. I'm not sure why that is hard to follow for you and others, you think just cause he has a role right now that the very idea of replacing him is crazy. 

Also Leon washington was a great player for us and far better contributor that Berrios. Leon washington actually was a game changer at Special teams unlike Berrios and also in the game at his role was a contributor. Leon Washington was a good RB for us

On 1/11/2022 at 6:58 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Dafuq?  I'm talking about specifically offensive players who could run, catch, or return TD's like Berrios has and you bring up a defensive player you can't even name? 

I mentioned Leon Washington and Brad Smith, and then later Andre Roberts.  You can't name one player on the opposite side of the coin and "can't believe" I actually don't know any?  That's because there aren't any in that category.  

You're absurd. 

i named up 3 or 4 guys...Perriman was my fav, but we sign players in FA that didn't live up to the signing on both sides of the ball.

Pretty sure your comments show how desperate you are to try to make Berrios more than he is. You in fact are absurd. I mena at this point you have to like lie about what i said, but peopel can read it for them selves. Its very obvious.

On 1/11/2022 at 6:40 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You did EXACTLY what I just said you did. You create a false narrative, and then respond to it. Not me, not anyone has EVER said that Berrios is the best or anything close to it. You really must get off on being humiliated. 

lol what are you talking about every post i make is based off berrios is crap and it will be a good day when he is replaced with someone with upside. Just saying Im being humiliated over and over again doesn't make it true. 

I'm not sure when it became so personal to you, but Berrios is not a great player. And a rookie WR like E Moore, or whomever we draft in the future will be much better in his spot. BECAUSE he will be a player that has more upside. 

This idea that berrios is some cog in the machine we need is as ridiculous as your comments.

Try to stay on topic and defend/explain your thoughts or opinions...or don't. It doesn't matter you are wrong anyway.

On 1/11/2022 at 6:20 PM, Bungaman said:

TL;DR  ...

Is anyone else starting to get the "DWC" or "cookiemonsta" vibe here? Asking for a friend ...

when you dont have anything to contribute or cant defend whatever crazy opinion you have just personally attack the person right? good just them @Bungaman keep it classy

On 1/11/2022 at 6:09 PM, Hex said:

Berrios made it onto PFF's all pro team. Elijah Moore won't be a 4/5 WR in his career, based on how he has played he should be our #1 in the future as he develops. Berrios is not a #1 WR, but he most certainly is at least 4/5 WR. 

I agree with you that if Berrios can get open more consistently he will be much more successful.

careful I don't want these trolls to come after you Hex, but yes exactly. 100%

Moore upside is great and why he was drafted where he was. (glad a rook wr worked out - looking at you mims ) The whole point of this post was as we draft these guys. Eventually the new WR rookie like Moore wont be coming into a room that he can take the number 1 spot. He will be the 4th or 5th guys on the roster or will take the top spot and whoever was there before will be come the 4th or 5th guy. 

There wont be room for the Berrios and that will be a good thing. 

On 1/11/2022 at 5:23 PM, Origen said:

Is there something in the water here that makes people dig in hard on the dumbest sh*t and never ever stop?  This place seems like a land where mental breakdowns happen quite often...

lol you are the the one that can not comprehend the easiest of concepts. Maybe too many words confuse you. 

As we draft better WRs berrios wont be able to compete for a roster spot. 

How is that? simple enough for you? please though continue on with pointless comments 

• WTF? 1

14 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

He made some big plays that were forgotten due to the drops.  Nobody on the Jets replaced him.  Hopefully he cleans it up and finds a way to get consistently focused.   It looks like a switch that’s off or on some plays.   

if he can fix those drops he will be a great WR 2 on this team next year.

14 hours ago, Hex said:

I doubt Corey Davis will have another season like this again, but it seems like he excels in environments where he has a very good receiver to go with him. In Tennessee he had AJ Brown to go with him, and it made him a much more valuable target. Davis isn't a good #1 WR because he is very easy to cancel out if defenses want to. But if there's a better receiver like AJ Brown out there, he becomes an afterthought to defenses and flourishes.

I didn't believe at the beginning of the season that we had a guy that could be the batman to his robin, but Moore looks like the rea deal. Even at like 3 ft or however tall he is. If we draft a stuf WR in the draft, then cole hangs around. THose back spots in the WR are going to get tight.

10 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Also Leon washington was a great player for us and far better contributor that Berrios. Leon washington actually was a game changer at Special teams unlike Berrios and also in the game at his role was a contributor. Leon Washington was a good RB for us

I know. When Berrios gets a big return, it has nothing to do with him and everything to do with the rest of the team setting him up or the opposition falling down. He led the league in KOR average and finished third in punt return average by accident.

Also, Leon had three really good years, then failed to match Berrios production on offense the last two years on offense after that. But yes, tell yourself what you need to. I don’t see anyone talking about genuinely big money for Berrios, but the guy is well worth a good contract and he will get one from the Jets or someone else. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

i named up 3 or 4 guys...Perriman was my fav, but we sign players in FA that didn't live up to the signing on both sides of the ball.

Pretty sure your comments show how desperate you are to try to make Berrios more than he is. You in fact are absurd. I mena at this point you have to like lie about what i said, but peopel can read it for them selves. Its very obvious.

Yes I’m the desperate one

21 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This, plus I don't want this thread to die out so quickly. 

dont worry as long as you guys all still man love Berrios beyond reason i will be hear to remind you he is nothing more than a scrub WR that played a role on Special teams. He's no adre roberts or Leon Washington but thats ok. 

ITs going to be hard for him to make the team next year but we will see.