One day the Braxton Berrios type of player will not be on this team

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I renfro kind of just proves my point. You really don't see that do you? He literally is the guy with upside that was in the berries role and leveled up.

Late round pick took the back spot developed into contributor as a WR one of th best this year. 

You really don't understand your making my point for me .

It hilarious

It’s “you’re”.  

Lololololololol.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Typo which you never make on your phone huh? No comment once again in the substance just juvenile comments. Maybe you should go back to calling me names kid.

Your posts are rife with typos. I try to correct my typos. My parents raised me the right way.  Also I have a real phone with autocorrect.  

Your point has been demonstrably refuted again and again and again in great detail.

The only thing left is to make fun of you. 

Kid. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2022 at 1:28 PM, Mogglez said:

This has been a thoroughly enjoyable thread. My goodness OP, know when to admit that you were wrong and move on, lmfao.  There is no need to die on this hill.

Well they have a difference of opinion but just cause they repeat it don't make it right. When they lost the arg they just have silly comments and I kind of enjoy it. In some sick way. Peacefrog literally made my point for me with renfrow and didn't even realize it.

Others have read some pages and then told me my own point like they were disputing what I said, literally repeating my post.

It's a beautiful thing. It's funny. And it's the internet.

Not sure how many pages we have left though. It's mostly just name calling and typo police ? at this point

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Your posts are rife with typos. I try to correct my typos. My parents raised me the right way.  Also I have a real phone with autocorrect.  

Your point has been demonstrably refuted again and again and again in great detail.

The only thing left is to make fun of you. 

Kid. 

Idk I feel like my phone just can't fix everything all the time. I probably type too fast. I have a lot of silly takes to reply to after all. 

***you're*** literally arguing my point. With you're renfro comment

Do you even know what you disagree with ? It doesn't appear you do.

You brought it up but I don't think fixing typos on jetnation qualifies as having good parenting. Good parents might have taught you to not to personally attack someone that you think you disagree with. Maybe go with explaining your side and seeing where the merits land.

You're talking about your parent teaching you to not make typos and that makes good parenting??!!!? Lol

God help whoever youre the parent of.

21 hours ago, Mogglez said:

No, the fact that Berrios is a good, versatile player, with great work ethic, who made an all-pro, and is loved by his teammates, makes you, objectively, wrong.

False. Him playing special teams or being liked does not make him good, those qualities are great but  do not make him good in the nfl. Berrios sucks is really where some panties get in a twist but obviously no NFL player actually sucks, in reality they are all top percent athletes etc. But he sucks is because he is on the bottom of the heap relative to top play makers and why he plays special teams. I think you would and can agree with that. Maybe not.

My position is that even as an all pro return man, the team or any team that is run well, would rather have a rookie with upside of developing into a WR1. Or a drafted player that is developing not some scrub we picked up. That's it. Nothing you or anyone else has said has ever disputed that. That guy that can show up like renfrow is valuable bud. 

Hunter Renfrow had “upside”?  Do you even know what his draft profile was?  He was a small/scrawny wide-receiver, who tested pretty poorly at the combine, and fell into the 5th round because there was no expectations he would ever become anything.  Then he got his shot due to injuries and his success on special teams.  You wanna miss that badly, make Renfrow out to be this “high upside project”, and tell me that other people don’t realize what they’re doing?  Berrios and Renfrow are the same exact type of player.  You keep guys like that and hope they make a jump, just like Renfrow did.  At the very least, you have a good special teams contributor.  Players like that are good to have around for a multitude of other reasons as well (ex: culture, locker room, etc.)

yes he did have upside and he was at the back of the roster in the berrios spot because you can't draft just all stars. Then due to injury he showed up and balled out. Renfrow got his shot and baller out, 5th rounder. St Amon Ra in Detroit did the same thing. These are not berrios type of players. Berrios is a cast off and has never broke out or showed capable of breaking out of his spot . You used a lot of words to say renfrow is like berrios but that is not true. Renfrow isn't good cause he is a special teamer, he is a good WR that can get open and be a playmaker. Berrios is only on the team cause he is a special teamer and we have drafted poorly.

The rest of this non-sense you just typed up is you basically doing this: 

4A0C923C-2F18-4E26-9513-7E0A574D4325.thumb.png.f634fbce025985227b6e2a5926695bb4.png

Nice story bro. 

• Thumb Down 4

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

. Renfrow got his shot and baller out, 5th rounder. St Amon Ra in Detroit did the same thing. These are not berrios type of players.

Lmao, did you just compare St. Brown to Renfrow?  I can’t with this website sometimes.

You need to reeeeeeeallly go back and look at the scouting report of Renfrow because you are pulling some serious revisionist history bullsh*t to justify starting the most ridiculous thread this forum has seen since the Rex years.

• Upvote 1

False. Him playing special teams or being liked does not make him good, those qualities are great but  do not make him good in the nfl. Berrios sucks is really where some panties get in a twist but obviously no NFL player actually sucks, in reality they are all top percent athletes etc. But he sucks is because he is on the bottom of the heap relative to top play makers and why he plays special teams. I think you would and can agree with that. Maybe not.

My position is that even as an all pro return man, the team or any team that is run well, would rather have a rookie with upside of developing into a WR1. Or a drafted player that is developing not some scrub we picked up. That's it. Nothing you or anyone else has said has ever disputed that. That guy that can show up like renfrow is valuable bud. 

yes he did have upside and he was at the back of the roster in the berrios spot because you can't draft just all stars. Then due to injury he showed up and balled out. Renfrow got his shot and baller out, 5th rounder. St Amon Ra in Detroit did the same thing. These are not berrios type of players. Berrios is a cast off and has never broke out or showed capable of breaking out of his spot . You used a lot of words to say renfrow is like berrios but that is not true. Renfrow isn't good cause he is a special teamer, he is a good WR that can get open and be a playmaker. Berrios is only on the team cause he is a special teamer and we have drafted poorly.

Nice story bro. 

The more you post the worse you sound.  Berrios was never on the street.  Yes, the Pats cut him, but the Jets picked him up off of waivers and I think they were pretty high on the claim list. 

Yes, Renfrow has had more production than Berrios, but I don't think he has any more upside.  Pretty much every reason you want to cut Berrios fits for Renfrow.  Renfrow has "balled out" but maybe it has been easier with Carr than with Darnold and Wilson.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Assuming we re-sign Berrios, it'll be interesting to see what his role is in 2022. We may see more "designed plays" for him now that he's shown what he can do on jet sweeps, reverses and all that "trickeration". Not trying to compare the two but I could see him doing more of a poor man's Deebo Samuel role where he lines up in many different spots in the backfield / slot and provides a dual rush / pass threat. A lot may depend on how far his route running / separation skills can develop, as he is already very effective in the RB sort of role. But if they do bring him back I think it will be with an expanded role in mind so he should get more work in camp to improve in those areas.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Lmao, did you just compare St. Brown to Renfrow?  I can’t with this website sometimes.

You need to reeeeeeeallly go back and look at the scouting report of Renfrow because you are pulling some serious revisionist history bullsh*t to justify starting the most ridiculous thread this forum has seen since the Rex years.

scouting reports are highly suspect for players and kind makes you're argument suspect to me. You have no idea what the raiders thought of him, they obviously they liked him enough to draft and and saw something. Maybe they thought he was a steal. Drafting is a crap shoot players with all the great draft reports in the world bust and vice versa.

The only comparison is that they were drafted by the team hoping they would turn into something and they did. I mention St Amon Ra cause dude balled out the last few games - never said he was as good as Renfrow or vice versa OR that hs is as good as someone else like renfrow, just the team did what the Jets should do. It is the situation, youre backup WR with upside of becoming a 1 or 2 on the team. I don't know why you don't like Amon Ra but he was awesome later in the year and stepped up when the team needed him.

That is the whole point to have a drafted guy in that Berrios spot hoping he can turn into something. Hating that we do not have that, we have Berrios with limited upside. He is not a potential 1 or 2 so arguably we would be better served by drafting a kid that has that potential. You can disagree sure but at least recognize why it is relevant.

It's not that I am trying to change history I just want us to change the roster to give us a better chance of winning. No matter how you slice it, having a young drafted player in your back up WR roles that has a chance to break out is always going to be better than having a glorified special teamer giving you 5 extra yards a return like berrios. All pro or not you want WR that can be or develop into a WR1/2/3 that contributes to scoring drives. That is better.

That is why I hate berrios because he represents this stupid line of thinking that we have to contiue to have player like him because we can't draft well. No we can and I think next year we will. Time to stop with all the SOJF crap, Joe should look to replace him if he can wiht a better player and guess what? That time is coming soon!!!

8 hours ago, jamesr said:

Assuming we re-sign Berrios, it'll be interesting to see what his role is in 2022. We may see more "designed plays" for him now that he's shown what he can do on jet sweeps, reverses and all that "trickeration". Not trying to compare the two but I could see him doing more of a poor man's Deebo Samuel role where he lines up in many different spots in the backfield / slot and provides a dual rush / pass threat. A lot may depend on how far his route running / separation skills can develop, as he is already very effective in the RB sort of role. But if they do bring him back I think it will be with an expanded role in mind so he should get more work in camp to improve in those areas.

If he is resigned I would imagine you are exactly right. That separation skill is what would scare me. He is no Deebo that is for sure but I for one, if he is resigned will be very interested in seeing how is he used. 

I hope he signs elsewhere obviously. I think he will want too much money.

13 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The more you post the worse you sound.  Berrios was never on the street.  Yes, the Pats cut him, but the Jets picked him up off of waivers and I think they were pretty high on the claim list. 

Yes, Renfrow has had more production than Berrios, but I don't think he has any more upside.  Pretty much every reason you want to cut Berrios fits for Renfrow.  Renfrow has "balled out" but maybe it has been easier with Carr than with Darnold and Wilson.  

Really? i didn't know him being cut and claimed by us is breaking news. off the street was ref to this. I didn't think i needed to spell it out. 

We def disagree. Berrios is not Renfrow skillwise or close.

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Why is this thread still going 

I'm sorry ok i'm done for realz this time....as long these guys don't keep trying to tell me that berrios is some great player we need on the team when he obviously nothing more that a special teamer that can be and should be replaced if given the opportunity with a high upside player from the draft!

40 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:
28 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

as long these guys don't keep trying to tell me that berrios is some great player we need on the team 

.because he represents this stupid line of thinking that we have to contiue to have player like him because we can't draft well.

Said by no one. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm sorry ok i'm done for realz this time....as long these guys don't keep trying to tell me that berrios is some great player we need on the team when he obviously nothing more that a special teamer that can be and should be replaced if given the opportunity with a high upside player from the draft!

He is a great player because he made Zach look like a QB.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

So let’s play your logic out. No player who excels at special teams and adds benefit as a 4th/5th receiver should be selected as all pro. They should also be replaced with a higher skill player even if the replacement is not as versatile. 
is that accurate?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Trotter said:

So let’s play your logic out. No player who excels at special teams and adds benefit as a 4th/5th receiver should be selected as all pro. They should also be replaced with a higher skill player even if the replacement is not as versatile. 
is that accurate?

No need for 1-2-3-4-5, let's just have 5 #1's baby!  That's all we want.  Then they can all fight and bitch about not being the true #1 and holdout for more money constantly, but hey, no Berrios then.

• Haha 1

scouting reports are highly suspect for players and kind makes you're argument suspect to me. You have no idea what the raiders thought of him, they obviously they liked him enough to draft and and saw something. Maybe they thought he was a steal. Drafting is a crap shoot players with all the great draft reports in the world bust and vice versa.

The only comparison is that they were drafted by the team hoping they would turn into something and they did. I mention St Amon Ra cause dude balled out the last few games - never said he was as good as Renfrow or vice versa OR that hs is as good as someone else like renfrow, just the team did what the Jets should do. It is the situation, youre backup WR with upside of becoming a 1 or 2 on the team. I don't know why you don't like Amon Ra but he was awesome later in the year and stepped up when the team needed him.

That is the whole point to have a drafted guy in that Berrios spot hoping he can turn into something. Hating that we do not have that, we have Berrios with limited upside. He is not a potential 1 or 2 so arguably we would be better served by drafting a kid that has that potential. You can disagree sure but at least recognize why it is relevant.

It's not that I am trying to change history I just want us to change the roster to give us a better chance of winning. No matter how you slice it, having a young drafted player in your back up WR roles that has a chance to break out is always going to be better than having a glorified special teamer giving you 5 extra yards a return like berrios. All pro or not you want WR that can be or develop into a WR1/2/3 that contributes to scoring drives. That is better.

That is why I hate berrios because he represents this stupid line of thinking that we have to contiue to have player like him because we can't draft well. No we can and I think next year we will. Time to stop with all the SOJF crap, Joe should look to replace him if he can wiht a better player and guess what? That time is coming soon!!!

Amari Rodgers

Malik Taylor

Cameron Batson

Chester Rodgers

Isaiah McKenzie

Jake Kumerow

Daurice Fountain

Jaelon Dardon

Tyler Fountain

According to your logic, all of these players are better than/contribute more than Berrios correct? 

(Hint those are #@5/6 wrs on playoff team rosters)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, HawaiisOnlyJetsFan said:

Amari Rodgers

Malik Taylor

Cameron Batson

Chester Rodgers

Isaiah McKenzie

Jake Kumerow

Daurice Fountain

Jaelon Dardon

Tyler Fountain

According to your logic, all of these players are better than/contribute more than Berrios correct? 

(Hint those are #@5/6 wrs on playoff team rosters)

Hey brother - how is Honolulu today? 88  and sunny? Nice 20 degree day and an inch of slush in nj.