Adams--The Seattle Times Speaks

addage

8 minutes ago, addage said:

From today's Seattle Times--and keep in mind that media in Seattle support their teams.  It's not like the NYC media!  And they missed the part about the 2022 3rd Round pick.

. And the way the Seahawks are playing, it’s quite possible the Jets will have two of the top-10 picks in next year’s draft.

And they missed the part about the 2022 3rd Round Pick.  Quite a trade by JD.  I know, I know.  He has to convert with the draft so we still have to wait and see.  But it's certainly a good starting point.

This is the dream

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

Other than a few in the TV world, and some on this site, pretty much everyone else knows Adams is an overrated bum.

Alot more than "some", lol.

Can't help but notice how the Adams Fans, like the Darnold Fans, now pretend they knew it all along, lol, lol, lol, gg, gg, gg.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, addage said:

Last year, despite the record sack numbers, PFF ranked Adams 53rd of 94 safeties in the league. It said that he was 78th-best on pass defense (he allowed a 121.7 passer rating and 57th on run defense (he missed 11 tackles).

This season — in which he has zero sacks — the evaluation has been even worse. Adams ranks 63rd of 91 safeties overall and 85th in pass coverage (to his credit, he is 13th in run defense.)

kung fu hustle formative influences GIF

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Alot more than "some", lol.

Can't help but notice how the Adams Fans, like the Darnold Fans, now pretend they knew it all along, lol, lol, lol, gg, gg, gg.

I agree it was a great trade and he as a safety is nowhere worth 17 million a year but I wouldn’t compare this to Darnold. Adams has been a good player, a pro bowler, while Sam was among the  worst player at his position for 4 years now. 

There’s really no positive spin to put on this trade from the Seahawks perspective.

Yes they got a household name and that’s great… but do we think that if the Seahawks decided they wanted to move on tomorrow that they could even get one first back for him? That’s how bad this trade was IMHO

• Upvote 1

Cannot forget the $18 million a year in opportunity cost. Quite possibly the worst trade of all time. That said, using the formula of one round less for future picks, we got close to his original draft value if I remember right, but Seattle assumed they would have been deep in the playoffs both years.

• Upvote 3

The Jamaal for Vera Tucker trade was an A, anything additional makes it an extraordinary trade for us. This having the possibility of being a top 10 pick makes it just plain silly. I applaud JD, regardless if this picks turns out to be a Pro Bowler or not.

• Upvote 3

Draft is in Vegas this year.  If they stick to the prior plans about announcing the picks at the Bellagio Fountains, the perfect place to stay would be at the Cosmopolitan.

It's right next to the Bellagio, the rooms have balconies and you can pick a room that overlooks the fountains where the picks will be being made. 

I think I need to book a trip and hang a Jets sign from the balcony overlooking the Bellagio maybe something like "Thanks Jamal" or "2 First Round Picks for a Box Safety"...something that gets to the point, but is not so over the top that it wouldn't be shown on TV.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

I have a hard time believing this article.  It says Jamaal is ranked 85th out of 94 safety's in pass defense.  How can there possibly be 9 players worse in coverage than him ??

Probably benched PS players whose only games were against high-powered offenses

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Just think how miserable we would all be on this site if not for the Adams trade.  Watching the Seahawks struggle this year has probably been the most pleasure we have gotten on a consistent basis this year.  Still think a healthy Wilson will rally them to a few wins down the stretch, especially with them heading into Houston this week.

Go Texans!!!

At least with Seattle we have a team we can "root for" and watch who seem to be coming through by losing most weeks.  

Go Hawks (lose)!!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

At least with Seattle we have a team we can "root for" and watch who seem to be coming through by losing most weeks.  

Go Hawks (lose)!!

Its also a nice change to be able to root for a high draft pick without rooting against our players.  At some point, this young Jets team is going to need to learn how to win games, I would like to see them start to do it this month.  And if Seattle keeps losing, maybe we can still maintain a top 5 pick.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Personally I was wondering why he literally stopped tackling earlier in the season. Bunch of Ole’ plays. He was obviously hurt this entire season and trying to play through it. 

no. no. say it aint so. his dogging has been my favorite theme this season.

• Haha 1