Zach Wilson Wins Pepsi Rookie of the Week: MERGED

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

No, not unhappy at all.  Like I said, I hope it helps bolster Zach's confidence and drive him to additional much-needed improvement.

I just think the award (brought to you by....Depends!  When you need to piss yourself regularly, Depends is the one you can Depend on!) itself is sorts dumb.  

We can debate internally about the exact level of improvement Zach showed vs. the Eagles.  

But I think we'd all agree, a 60%, 226 yard. 2 TD 1 INT lopsided loss isn't really "award worthy".  

So it's the award, not that Zach won it.

I agree with much of what you said, but here's where I would disagree.  It's the "rookie" of the week award. Rookie's often struggle, that's the NFL.

He outperformed (or at least by this award) all other rookies.  

I would agree if you said "player of the week" surely there were better players and stat lines throughout the NFL.

But when up against his peer group, according to this award, he outperformed them.  

It's important to recognize this because a good portion of this fan base seem to think he's irredeemable and only see the bad things he does.

When in reality, for a rookie and his situation he's progressing and at times is performing really well.

There is surely reason for concern, as he's been bad often - but, he has now won this award twice in seven games - there is also a lot of reason for optimism.

I wish more around here would recognize the latter.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The Bills knew it was coming, though. This isn’t a rip on Zach, but the Pats backfield that game was balls out

I know, agree.  But Riddick did his over the top, hes a star routine, he cant be stopped and Stevenson fell short of the workup 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He outperformed (or at least by this award) all other rookies.  

It's fan voting.  #JetsTwitter is a pretty big population.

Of the rookies eligible, how do you not give it to Amon-Ra St. Brown, who had 10 rec for 86 yards and the game winning TD on 4th down at the 11 with 0:00 for the Lions to get their first win?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, ZachEY said:

It's fan voting.  #JetsTwitter is a pretty big population.

Of the rookies eligible, how do you not give it to Amon-Ra St. Brown, who had 10 rec for 86 yards and the game winning TD on 4th down at the 11 with 0:00 for the Lions to get their first win?

You're missing my point. Really.

I don't think I can explain in any better - that's on me.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

You're missing my point. Really.

I don't think I can explain in any better - that's on me.

Your point is that by winning this award, he's better than he's given credit for, and fans are too hard on him.  You're saying that this award means something.  I'm saying that this award is based on fan voting, and therefore, not really indicative of anything.

4 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Your point is that by winning this award, he's better than he's given credit for, and fans are too hard on him.  You're saying that this award means something.  I'm saying that this award is based on fan voting, and therefore, not really indicative of anything.

Why doesn't he win every week then?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Because Pepsi decides who is eligible.

I believe he, in fact, has won every week he's been eligible.

Digging deep on that one. 

So, when an expert shows a video of the all-22 -- showing ZW lighting it up...eh, he doesn't know what he's talking, only us fans know the truth.

Wins an award, voted by fans...eh...the fans don't know what they're talking about - only the if experts say it does it matter.

It's okay....It really isn't terrible that Zach is getting better - I promise.  

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'll just leave this here.

Canton bound, baby!eeaa91b28da9d8a92550d3d7dc3765bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dude, It's an award voted on by FANS.

None of those other guys have fans.  

And no way Pepsi is nominating any of them.  You know, the Generational One, the Chicago Bear, the greatest rookie QB this year on the NFLs favorite team.  

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

78 yards on 24 carries is not my definition of murdering, especially when Harris and 40 year old brandon Bolden each did better in the same game environment. 

The important thing, to me, is that it felt like more yards, and that has to be added onto the total.

• Upvote 1