Personal Big Board

kdels62

Kenyon Green probably ends up higher.   I have watched stuff the last 2 days and I want him with the 1st pick the Jets get so bad.

My draft dream:  

I like Lloyd that high (5) Kenyon Green and Lloyd with the first two picks would make the Jets a much better team.  

Move up get Linderbaum and the Jet’s will have an amazing OLine, Run game, and by extension a great passing game.  

Add Isaiah Likely later and it’s a new world.  

Pay a #1 WR in free agency and I think this offense would be amazing.  D struggles another year, but develop Lloyd and improve as a team winning some shootouts.  

• Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Kenyon Green probably ends up higher.   I have watched stuff the last 2 days and I want him with the 1st pick the Jets get so bad.

My draft dream:  

I like Lloyd that high (5) Kenyon Green and Lloyd with the first two picks would make the Jets a much better team.  

Move up get Linderbaum and the Jet’s will have an amazing OLine, Run game, and by extension a great passing game.  

Pay a #1 WR in free agency and I think this offense would be amazing.  D struggles another year, but develop Lloyd and improve as a team winning some shootouts.  

I’m not a fan of Kenyon Green to that extent. I see him as a poor man’s AVT. There’s no question that Green is a very good NFL guard prospect but I wouldn’t go further than that.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

My draft dream:  

Taking Green that high and then trading back up in the first to take Linderbaum would give the Jets the most expensive (draft capital wise) guard, center, guard combo in recent memory.   It shouldn’t require that much draft capital to build the interior of your O-line.  WAY too rich for me.  

• Upvote 2

Good stuff man. Just wondering why do you have battle higher than hill? Hill seems better at man and zone coverage and has a very high football iq. I haven’t dug into battle as much, but he doesn’t seem to have the range or coverage ability of hill. They both can tackle well, battle is bigger and can lay the wood better. 

I like Ojabo over karlaftis soley based on upside. He’s a freak athlete and once he gets better at pass rush moves he has potential to be the best edge in the class. Karlaftis I see being a solid LE. He doesn’t have very good bend at all. 

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

Good stuff man. Just wondering why do you have battle higher than hill? Hill seems better at man and zone coverage and has a very high football iq. I haven’t dug into battle as much, but he doesn’t seem to have the range or coverage ability of hill. They both can tackle well, battle is bigger and can lay the wood better. 

I like Ojabo over karlaftis soley based on upside. He’s a freak athlete and once he gets better at pass rush moves he has potential to be the best edge in the class. Karlaftis I see being a solid LE. He doesn’t have very good bend at all. 

Hill is projected to become a full time safety after being that Nickel/ Safety/ CB hybrid thing in college. Battle is a safety, with excellent instincts and very good range. Hill might have the upside because his closing speed is other worldly but Battle is a better safety today. 

As for Ojabo and Karlaftis, I like Karlaftis’s game and thing he has the higher floor. Ojabo might be special but I’m less certain he’ll be a solid starter than Karlaftis. I don’t think there’s a wrong answer between the two. 

One of the unfortunate side affects of making a big board is that numbers matter less than range of numbers.  Like to me (in this draft only) 

1-4: Elite Talents (top 10 players )

4-14: great prospects (top half of round 1 types)

15-30: Mid first Rounders

32-43: Late First Rounders 

Thats not exact but the idea is that I view this draft as heavy in the mid first to mid second round talent but lacking at the top and irregular in the middle rounds.  It’s why I want a trade back. Eventually I’ll probably post a Jets big board that’s pared down to needs.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Hill is projected to become a full time safety after being that Nickel/ Safety/ CB hybrid thing in college. Battle is a safety, with excellent instincts and very good range. Hill might have the upside because his closing speed is other worldly but Battle is a better safety today. 

As for Ojabo and Karlaftis, I like Karlaftis’s game and thing he has the higher floor. Ojabo might be special but I’m less certain he’ll be a solid starter than Karlaftis. I don’t think there’s a wrong answer between the two. 

One of the unfortunate side affects of making a big board is that numbers matter less than range of numbers.  Like to me (in this draft only) 

1-4: Elite Talents (top 10 players )

4-14: great prospects (top half of round 1 types)

15-30: Mid first Rounders

32-43: Late First Rounders 

Thats not exact but the idea is that I view this draft as heavy in the mid first to mid second round talent but lacking at the top and irregular in the middle rounds.  It’s why I want a trade back. Eventually I’ll probably post a Jets big board that’s pared down to needs.

I definitely agree that battle is a better pure safety at this moment, simply because hill wasn’t given that opportunity. I’m more of an upside guy which is a good and bad thing. When you hit you hit big, but when you miss you get Vernon ghoulston. I don’t think hill will bust at all, because he’s shown great instincts and coverage ability to pair with his athleticism. I see where your coming from though with battle over hill. 

with karlaftis I’m very meh. Sure his floor is pretty high, but I don’t think he’ll ever be an elite pass rusher. When taking someone top 15 or 10 at edge that’s what you are looking for. Ojabo has potential to be one of the best in the league. 

Im kind of the same with dean and Lloyd. Dean blew up this season and is playing great to pair with excellent traits. Lloyd has the solid production on his side over a couple seasons, but doesn’t have quite the same upside (but still very good)

• Upvote 1

On 12/9/2021 at 2:46 PM, kdels62 said:

This is me being psychopath who uses the draft as a stress relief activity. I created a top 100 big board (not taking into account positional value) and I will be updating and posting it here as things change and I watch more players.

BC47076F-C0E1-416E-BAE0-C71F38E0CE4F.thumb.jpeg.c5ca3003af6abed50d0bcb630d0141e2.jpeg47EDD37F-660B-4E96-896E-2EBBB417566F.thumb.jpeg.558ed58ad4b3d2c39f0a9e0f3e3ce1f7.jpeg4B6A1351-EEF4-4EF4-8ECD-4CCFA60FDA5C.thumb.jpeg.9936321ee1ef6db80df04fae5552acf3.jpeg
B13DB3D7-CD62-4791-A8C9-9BA2F25A7A6C.thumb.jpeg.813483cfa91cf837667c7b5990262a5a.jpeg

5877D29F-D186-43C1-8E1A-33122A840570.thumb.jpeg.92a0f178f1b93184277b83368ad6428f.jpeg

I may have olave over dotson, but thats me, otherwise this is really nice. 

Also we know how outspoken ive been about wilson being the best WR in this draft in my opinion.  While I still agree with that statement I may be waffling on drafting him over a guy like Burks or London.  

After watching yesterdays game its apparent that Berrios can play a role long term on this team, he gets better every year and while i do not think he is as dynamic as Wilson is, I do think that he can fill that primary slot position while Moore is that inside outside threat that wilson could play.  

Its also apparent that mims has no future here anymore and cole while a good player is struggling to get open consistently and win one v ones.  A big WR that can win 1v1 and make difficult catches seems to be what this offense needs.  

51 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Its also apparent that mims has no future here anymore and cole while a good player is struggling to get open consistently and win one v ones.  A big WR that can win 1v1 and make difficult catches seems to be what this offense needs.  

It’s something this franchise has been missing for a very long time.  Aside from a couple Brandon Marshall seasons and before that Braylon Edwards, this team has been void of a legit X receiver.   It’s a massive need.   

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s something this franchise has been missing for a very long time.  Aside from a couple Brandon Marshall seasons and before that Braylon Edwards, this team has been void of a legit X receiver.   It’s a massive need.   

Its very true.  Cant argue it.  You can look at this and even say they jets need to bring in 2 guys.  I think right now the only viable targets on this team are davis moore and berrios.  Team is going to need 2 more WR's and 2 TE's 

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

My recent swing has been to increasing size on the offense. Like I’m okay with taking Dotson or Wilson but if those are the choices then we have to some TE talent to make up the size deficiency. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

My recent swing has been to increasing size on the offense. Like I’m okay with taking Dotson or Wilson but if those are the choices then we have to some TE talent to make up the size deficiency. 

Both WR and TE need some size.  Given Zach’s current ball placement issues I’d like to add some receiving threats that have a big catch radius.   We also need options in the red zone.  Would be nice to be able to run some simple fade routes once we get near the endzone.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I may have olave over dotson, but thats me, otherwise this is really nice. 

I just don’t think Olave is dynamic enough. He’s pretty much what he is but Dotson has more functional strength to go along with speed, therefore Dotson over Olave. But they’re grouped together so I wouldn’t fret over picking one over the other.

13 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I just don’t think Olave is dynamic enough. He’s pretty much what he is but Dotson has more functional strength to go along with speed, therefore Dotson over Olave. But they’re grouped together so I wouldn’t fret over picking one over the other.

fair, i think olave will test better than we think, but i also believe hes a much more polished prospect than Doston, thats why i had him over, but really its splitting hairs. 

7 hours ago, section314 said:

FWIW     I saw a recent mock on the Draft Network yesterday with us taking OT Ekwonu from NC St @ #4. 

Just so foolish. The drafting of a tackle does not greatly increase the performance of this team in the short term. Next year we have 2 starters in Becton and Fant, what happens if they stay healthy? You spent a premium draft choice on surplus position to convert him into a non premium position.

What happens at this juncture is that most sites aren’t trying to go deep into their player pool since most lay people only care about the first round. This team and JD have to look at the draft holistically and consider positional depth in the draft. OT has a flat talent curve this year (Bernhard Raimann might be the actual best tackle in the draft) while there’s less depth at WR or IOL. This draft also has immense talents at LB, C, and S that might be worth more than their traditional value. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

So I can’t tell if you are taking into account positional value with this or not. It seems like you aren’t. If that’s the case why karlaftis over the tackles, Hamilton, booth, wrs? This is pretty spicy btw 

No positional value and the assumption is that everyone will test beyond the athletic minimums. 

I think highly of Karlaftis. I think he’s being criminally underrated. He was the best and only player of note on his defense and he was still exceptionally disruptive. 

Hamilton- besides injury is also overrated. He isn’t an ace in coverage and he might end up better as a nickel backer. Jalen Pitre might be a cheaper version for the same production.

Drake London and Garrett Wilson make up 2 of the next 3 players on the big board with Burks, Dotson, and Williams all making appearances before 25 overall. 

It gets spicier.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

No positional value and the assumption is that everyone will test beyond the athletic minimums. 

I think highly of Karlaftis. I think he’s being criminally underrated. He was the best and only player of note on his defense and he was still exceptionally disruptive. 

Hamilton- besides injury is also overrated. He isn’t an ace in coverage and he might end up better as a nickel backer. Jalen Pitre might be a cheaper version for the same production.

Drake London and Garrett Wilson make up 2 of the next 3 players on the big board with Burks, Dotson, and Williams all making appearances before 25 overall. 

It gets spicier.

I need to watch more of karlaftis. I’ve only watched like 1 game and wasn’t overly impressed.  I just watched the Ohio State game a that was a ROUGH one for him.

He didn’t set the edge well at all, was tricked multiple times misreading plays which led to huge gains, didn’t get much of a push. This was while barely being doubled for most of the game. Ruckert took him out a few times by himself. That shouldn’t happen for a premier edge prospect. 

A few times they left him unblocked and his eyes and play recognition really let him down. He could have made plays in the backfield multiple times, but his feet were stuck in the mud instead of going for the tackle which led to a few huge plays. 

I chose that one to watch because it’s one of the few times he played against nfl type competition all year and just came away feeling meh. 

13 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I need to watch more of karlaftis. I’ve only watched like 1 game and wasn’t overly impressed.  I just watched the Ohio State game a that was a ROUGH one for him.

He didn’t set the edge well at all, was tricked multiple times misreading plays which led to huge gains, didn’t get much of a push. This was while barely being doubled for most of the game. Ruckert took him out a few times by himself. That shouldn’t happen for a premier edge prospect. 

A few times they left him unblocked and his eyes and play recognition really let him down. He could have made plays in the backfield multiple times, but his feet were stuck in the mud instead of going for the tackle which led to a few huge plays. 

I chose that one to watch because it’s one of the few times he played against nfl type competition all year and just came away feeling meh. 

I looked at it as a question of coaching. Karlaftis on multiple occasions in that game would hold to prevent the player from cutting inside and then the player would just take off to the sideline where there was no one to make a stop. In this defense Karlaftis would just flow downhill and not worry about forcing the carrier outside. That game in particular has Karlaftis aligning inside of the tight end and tight to the tackle a lot and it also has Karlaftis in a a lot of 2 pt stances. Its as if they were scared of OSU's speed and thought they could counter it with the 270 lb DE. 

As a whole his body of work is very consistent. If he tests poorly then I'll revisit this but Karlaftis's impact for Purdue was too high to ignore. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

@kdels62 or anyone else you evaluates college players…what is the drop off in talent from Hutchinson and Thibodeaux to Jermaine Johnson? It looks as if JJ put up good numbers during the season and tore it up at the senior bowl. What’s he missing? Thanks

The JJ hype has had gotten out of hand. He’s 32 on my big board so yes I think there’s a gap between Karlaftis, Ojabo, Thibodeaux, Hutchinson and Jermaine Johnson. 

Statistically (pressures per PR snaps)

JJ: 46 pressures in 415 PR snaps (11%)

GK: 54 in 335 PR snaps (16%)

DO: 42 in 297 PR snaps (14%)

KT: 48 in 290 PR snaps (16.5%)

AH: 74 in 429 PR snaps (17%)

So while JJ is good he’s not that good comparatively. Then you add in other factors like athleticism (JJ might only be more athletic than Karlaftis) and age (JJ is 23 while Hutch is 22 and the others will start the season at 21). 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The JJ hype has had gotten out of hand. He’s 32 on my big board so yes I think there’s a gap between Karlaftis, Ojabo, Thibodeaux, Hutchinson and Jermaine Johnson. 

Statistically (pressures per PR snaps)

JJ: 46 pressures in 415 PR snaps (11%)

GK: 54 in 335 PR snaps (16%)

DO: 42 in 297 PR snaps (14%)

KT: 48 in 290 PR snaps (16.5%)

AH: 74 in 429 PR snaps (17%)

So while JJ is good he’s not that good comparatively. Then you add in other factors like athleticism (JJ might only be more athletic than Karlaftis) and age (JJ is 23 while Hutch is 22 and the others will start the season at 21). 

Where do you have Sam Williams, the So.Carolina kid and the San Diego St kid? 

38 minutes ago, section314 said:

I like what I've seen from Cam Thomas.  Granted, I've only watched a few youtube videos shortened games and highlights. I'm not saying he is or will be this player, but he reminds me of JJ Watt.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jdub03 said:

I like what I've seen from Cam Thomas.  Granted, I've only watched a few youtube videos shortened games and highlights. I'm not saying he is or will be this player, but he reminds me of JJ Watt.

We can't get that lucky, right?? Maybe history will repeat itself. The last time the Jets coached at the Sr.Bowl, the first two picks were Lyons and Gastineau.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, section314 said:

Travon Walker: 34 - Super raw but so much potential. Just doesn’t look like a natural pass rusher but he has ability

DeMarvin Leal: 35 (dropping fast)- the more 2021 games I watch the worse I feel about him. He struggled going inside and it hurt his outside game. Testing is important for him to remain in the top of round 2.

Myjai Sanders: 38- high effort athlete with average play strength and mediocre pass rush moves. He plays with great effort and athleticism tho.

Arnold Ebeketie: 42- severe lack of strength at the contact point. The Jets seemingly instructed their DL to play through the OL and Ebeketie struggled more than expected 

Cam Thomas: 46 (Dropping)- weighing in at 265 at the Senior Bowl was shocking for the part-time DT. Less positional flexibility means that he has to more ideally look and test like an Edge defender and I don’t know if he will. 

Kinglsey Enagbare: 53 - long and strong and technically sound. His concerns are about athleticism and age. 

Sam Williams: 58- inconsistent and not overly strong or fast. Good pass rusher tho who looks like he has good flexibility. 

Boye Mafe: 60- raw but athletic with extremely average tape. His highs are highs and not consistent enough. He’s also 23 years old already which is always a concern when looking at guys who are “athletic”

Drake Jackson: 61 - looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. All potential and willingness. Right now he’s more a complete 3-4 OLB than a 43 Edge. 

Logan Hall: 68 - senior bowl hurt him a bit as he didn’t look overwhelmingly strong at DE and wasn’t overly quick at DT. Still he has tools for days and length to dominate. 

Jesse Luketa: 79 - I want to put him higher but he’s a projection as he moves from off ball Lb to Edge. If he last to round 3, he almost has to be the pick. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Travon Walker: 34 - Super raw but so much potential. Just doesn’t look like a natural pass rusher but he has ability

DeMarvin Leal: 35 (dropping fast)- the more 2021 games I watch the worse I feel about him. He struggled going inside and it hurt his outside game. Testing is important for him to remain in the top of round 2.

Myjai Sanders: 38- high effort athlete with average play strength and mediocre pass rush moves. He plays with great effort and athleticism tho.

Arnold Ebeketie: 42- severe lack of strength at the contact point. The Jets seemingly instructed their DL to play through the OL and Ebeketie struggled more than expected 

Cam Thomas: 46 (Dropping)- weighing in at 265 at the Senior Bowl was shocking for the part-time DT. Less positional flexibility means that he has to more ideally look and test like an Edge defender and I don’t know if he will. 

Kinglsey Enagbare: 53 - long and strong and technically sound. His concerns are about athleticism and age. 

Sam Williams: 58- inconsistent and not overly strong or fast. Good pass rusher tho who looks like he has good flexibility. 

Boye Mafe: 60- raw but athletic with extremely average tape. His highs are highs and not consistent enough. He’s also 23 years old already which is always a concern when looking at guys who are “athletic”

Drake Jackson: 61 - looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. All potential and willingness. Right now he’s more a complete 3-4 OLB than a 43 Edge. 

Logan Hall: 68 - senior bowl hurt him a bit as he didn’t look overwhelmingly strong at DE and wasn’t overly quick at DT. Still he has tools for days and length to dominate. 

Jesse Luketa: 79 - I want to put him higher but he’s a projection as he moves from off ball Lb to Edge. If he last to round 3, he almost has to be the pick. 

Great, thanks. Sam Williams still interests me. Will be watching his combine.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Great, thanks. Sam Williams still interests me. Will be watching his combine.

I really like Sam Williams. He’s firmly a second round prospect that I’d love to have if we pass on edge in round 1. He’s kinda the Anti-Travon Walker in that his ability to rush the passer seems natural even if he is leas athletic or twitchy.

• Upvote 2