Personal Big Board

kdels62

On 2/11/2022 at 11:13 AM, Beerfish said:

This might be the worst draft for top end talent I've seen since following the draft.

Oh the draft has some meat and some depth in certain areas but top end is just pure awful.

I'm on the fence.  It's bad, but is it worse than 2013?  

Hopkins, Lane Johnson, Travis Frederick, Sheldon Richardson (for a few years).  Did I miss anyone?

Pick Team Player Position School
1. Kansas City Chiefs Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
2. Jacksonville Jaguars Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
3. Miami Dolphins Dion Jordan OLB Oregon
4. Philadelphia Eagles Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
5. Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
6. Cleveland Browns Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU
7. Arizona Cardinals Jonathan Cooper G North Carolina
8. St. Louis Rams Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
9. New York Jets Dee Milliner CB Alabama
10. Tennessee Titans Chance Warmack G Alabama
11. San Diego Chargers D.J. Fluker OT Alabama
12. Oakland Raiders D.J. Hayden CB Houston
13. New York Jets Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
14. Carolina Panthers Star Lotulelei DT Utah
15. New Orleans Saints Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
16. Buffalo Bills E.J. Manuel QB Florida St.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
18. San Francisco 49ers Eric Reid S LSU
19. New York Giants Justin Pugh OT Syracuse
20. Chicago Bears Kyle Long G Oregon
21. Cincinnati Bengals Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
22. Atlanta Falcons Desmond Trufant CB Washington
23. Minnesota Vikings Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
24. Indianapolis Colts Bjoern Werner DE Florida St.
25. Minnesota Vikings Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.
26. Green Bay Packers Datone Jones DE UCLA
27. Houston Texans DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson
28. Denver Broncos Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina
29. Minnesota Vikings Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
30. St. Louis Rams Alec Ogletree MLB Georgia
31. Dallas Cowboys Travis Frederick C Wisconsin
32. Baltimore Ravens Matt Elam S Florida
  • Upvote 1

On 2/11/2022 at 11:55 AM, kdels62 said:

Travon Walker: 34 - Super raw but so much potential. Just doesn’t look like a natural pass rusher but he has ability

DeMarvin Leal: 35 (dropping fast)- the more 2021 games I watch the worse I feel about him. He struggled going inside and it hurt his outside game. Testing is important for him to remain in the top of round 2.

Myjai Sanders: 38- high effort athlete with average play strength and mediocre pass rush moves. He plays with great effort and athleticism tho.

Arnold Ebeketie: 42- severe lack of strength at the contact point. The Jets seemingly instructed their DL to play through the OL and Ebeketie struggled more than expected 

Cam Thomas: 46 (Dropping)- weighing in at 265 at the Senior Bowl was shocking for the part-time DT. Less positional flexibility means that he has to more ideally look and test like an Edge defender and I don’t know if he will. 

Kinglsey Enagbare: 53 - long and strong and technically sound. His concerns are about athleticism and age. 

Sam Williams: 58- inconsistent and not overly strong or fast. Good pass rusher tho who looks like he has good flexibility. 

Boye Mafe: 60- raw but athletic with extremely average tape. His highs are highs and not consistent enough. He’s also 23 years old already which is always a concern when looking at guys who are “athletic”

Drake Jackson: 61 - looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. All potential and willingness. Right now he’s more a complete 3-4 OLB than a 43 Edge. 

Logan Hall: 68 - senior bowl hurt him a bit as he didn’t look overwhelmingly strong at DE and wasn’t overly quick at DT. Still he has tools for days and length to dominate. 

Jesse Luketa: 79 - I want to put him higher but he’s a projection as he moves from off ball Lb to Edge. If he last to round 3, he almost has to be the pick. 

Nice list. Also totally agree on Drake Jackson with his traits he should've easily been a top 10 pick in this draft, but his tape even before this year was mediocre. It was 100% projection with him and he disappointed again this year. Same could be said about a few guys that ended up pulling out of the draft (Brenton Cox, Zach Harrison)

There seems to be several lottery ticket guys and a lot of answers that'll hopefully come from the combine on projections. I think your assessment of Sam Williams is spot on. I'd give him a late 2nd or early 3rd grade based on his production (I believe he was a former Juco guy that transferred in) but who knows with him on the sexual assault charge stuff and what the story was there. If there are red flags on him for character he might not be a Jets target for instance. He's okay around the edge but it doesn't strike me as elite, which is why I'm curious on his 3 cone etc. He's also winning on physicality and effort more than technique. Like his tape this year was almost a rinse repeat of the same pass rushing move that works for him in college, but he's going to need to develop an actual pass rushing set at the next level.

Luketa impressed me at the senior bowl. Worth a flier, I agree as a developmental pick. And broken record, I want to see how he tests.

Also, I'm so annoyed whenever I look at Demarvin Leal. He's a guy who is twitched up and is probably going to test well, but he gets dominated way too often for where teams are projecting him. That's a classic overdraft guy to me.

Also, I know this was about Edge, but man I like Charles Cross a lot. He comes up a lot when watching some of these guys play each other and he's someone I feel confident is going to be a very excellent pro. Very good footwork in general, great contact balance, great hand placement, consistent, can move around in the run game. I don't know his arm measurements off the bat, but he looks like he has long enough arms to stay at tackle long-term too.