Jump to content

Poll: If Jax offered Trevor Lawrence straight up for Zach Wilson, would you accept the trade?


TuscanyTile2
 Share

Poll: If Jax offered Trevor Lawrence straight up for Zach Wilson, would you accept the trade?  

193 members have voted

  1. 1. Poll: If Jax offered Trevor Lawrence straight up for Zach Wilson, would you accept the trade?


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2022 at 04:33 AM

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I voted yes because I still think Lawrence was the best Qb in last year’s draft. And I think overall he’s been steadier this season than Zach. But it’s not happening anyways and I still see Zach as having a good career with us and potentially even better than Lawrence. As a fan I’m a bigger Zach fan than I am for Lawrence. 

Very well said. I begrudgingly voted yes for the same reasons. I love Zach and he shows some crazy good flashes. Hope he works out well. That said, all things considered, straight up, right now, sure....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

What the absolute f*ck is going on here. 

I guess trolling is now encouraged. More unreadable every day, even after Max’s polite nudge. 

Geezuz. 

Might want to let the authorities know that you are being detained against your will and forced to click on and read and respond to threads you don't want to read.

After all, lacking the basic willpower to just skip a thread, that's pretty weak.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Zach has 2 rookie of the week awards and the general talent 0…. 

Geno Smith once won Rookie of the MONTH.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely better to be earning accolades than not as we collect info on the QBs.  But it’s fairly meaningless as a predictor for QB career success.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

QBase liked both Lawrence and Wilson a lot entering the draft.  But it gave Lawrence the edge (49 % chance upper tier/elite for Lawrence vs 44 % for Wilson; 25 % bust chance for Lawrence vs 29 % for Wilson).  

What i like about how QBase’s formula resulted for Lawrence is that by no means do those numbers seem to suggest they would agree that Lawrence was truly a “generational” caliber of prospect.  That alone makes it a better model to follow than buying in to what those who have geeked/fanboyed out about Lawrence’s potential over the last several years were saying.  

Since I haven’t seen anything that suggests QBase was way offbase with their projections of either QB so far, I’d absolutely make that deal in a hypothetical where it was offered.

Side note:  QBase had Mac Jones as their 5th-ranked QB, with a massive bust potential (54 %) and minuscule chance of being elite (7 %).  

If Jones continues his strong play and ends up proving QBase wrong there, it further exposes the biggest flaw with their formula:  QBs with elite supporting casts tend to take too big of a hit.  It’s the same reason why Deshaun Watson got a really low QBase score back in 2017 (lower than the likes of Joshua Dobbs and Davis Webb).  I think its high time for folks to stop assuming that just because a QB produces with elite weapons does not mean you can dismiss the QB as a prospect/player purely on that basis.  And QBase might need to tweak their formula again.  @jgb

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

QBase liked both Lawrence and Wilson a lot entering the draft.  But it gave Lawrence the edge (49 % chance upper tier/elite for Lawrence vs 44 % for Wilson; 25 % bust chance for Lawrence vs 29 % for Wilson).  

What i like about how QBase’s formula resulted for Lawrence is that by no means do those numbers seem to suggest they would agree that Lawrence was truly a “generational” caliber of prospect.  That alone makes it a better model to follow than buying in to what those who have geeked/fanboyed out about Lawrence’s potential over the last several years were saying.  

Since I haven’t seen anything that suggests QBase was way offbase with their projections of either QB so far, I’d absolutely make that deal in a hypothetical where it was offered.

Side note:  QBase had Mac Jones as their 5th-ranked QB, with a massive bust potential (54 %) and minuscule chance of being elite (7 %).  

If Jones continues his strong play and ends up proving QBase wrong there, it further exposes the biggest flaw with their formula:  QBs with elite supporting casts tend to take too big of a hit.  It’s the same reason why Deshaun Watson got a really low QBase score back in 2017 (lower than the likes of Joshua Dobbs and Davis Webb).  I think its high time for folks to stop assuming that just because a QB produces with elite weapons does not mean you can dismiss the QB as a prospect/player purely on that basis.  And QBase might need to tweak their formula again.  @jgb

It's a fine line. In college, a supporting cast can cover up QB deficiencies on an exponentially-greater scale than in the pros where the defensive talent level is just not really comparable. This is because parity doesn't exist in college and one or more outrageous weapaoniz can consistently and totally dominate against defenders who will be selling insurance for a living. One-read QBs can prosper. The rub is to differentiate the QBs who are one-read because that's what they are or just because they rarely need to look beyond the first read.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's a fine line. In college, a supporting cast can cover up QB deficiencies on an exponentially-greater scale than in the pros where the defensive talent level is just not really comparable. This is because parity doesn't exist in college and one or more outrageous weapaoniz can consistently and totally dominate against defenders who will be selling insurance for a living.

My question is how come all these other guys end up selling insurance after college? 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's short-hand for sales of some sort. Many seek to leverage their name-value locally.

Guess it’s better then the guys that try out for the nfl and then end up bagging groceries,

Moral of the story here is quit while your ahead and give up football before the pro level 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I voted Trevor. Very simple reason why. Neither has distinguished themselves from the other thus far so default position is to stick with my pre-draft rankings in which I had Trevor 1 and Zach 4 (not including Lance who I knew nothing about).

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The irony of the "experts" going as far as encouraging Trevor Lawrence to stay in school to avoid the Jets but somehow Jacksonville was the perfect fit is just rich. 


Nobody cares about Jacksonville. They do not have many fans to troll. We Jets fans are easily trolled and triggered by the media and they know it. Covering the Jets is a goldmine for clicks and ratings. Everyone laughs at us for rooting for this sorry team. The Jets are more valuable to the media being a bad team than a good team. It’s one of the reasons why Francesca went on an all out assault on Rex during the 2009-2010 years.




Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tfine said:

 


Nobody cares about Jacksonville. They do not have many fans to troll. We Jets fans are easily trolled and triggered by the media and they know it. Covering the Jets is a goldmine for clicks and ratings. Everyone laughs at us for rooting for this sorry team. The Jets are more valuable to the media being a bad team than a good team. It’s one of the reasons why Francesca went on an all out assault on Rex during the 2009-2010 years.




Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

Back when folks read newspapers, the Post and News both had field days ripping the team.   Most of it deserved.  But guys like Serby made a career out of their SOJ coverage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I took Trevor. And it's not a knock on Wilson, it's just that I am willing to give young QBs some time to develop and refuse to ignore the talent because of some struggles while playing on rebuilding teams. 

For perspective, Josh Allen had a 52pct completion pct as a rookie while Mac Jones has a 70pct. No one in their right mind would think that Mac Jones is a better QB prospect as rookie than Allen was. You just needed the patience with Allen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I took Trevor. And it's not a knock on Wilson, it's just that I am willing to give young QBs some time to develop and refuse to ignore the talent because of some struggles while playing on rebuilding teams. 

For perspective, Josh Allen had a 52pct completion pct as a rookie while Mac Jones has a 70pct. No one in their right mind would think that Mac Jones is a better QB prospect as rookie than Allen was. You just needed the patience with Allen. 

Weren't you here in 2018?  Most of the world was calling Josh Allen undraftable and whining about completion percentage.  sh*t, until his recent mea culpa 80 was still calling him a fullback within the last year or two.

Meanwhile, Mac Jones has had the McCarron Army out in full force singing his praises.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where these kids get drafted is almost as important as the skills these prospects have / don’t have. Does anyone here actually think had either Wilson or Lawrence went to the pats this year they wouldn’t be doing just as good or better than what mac jones is currently doing? Pats play great defense and can run the ball as good as anyone. Mac doesn’t have to carry his team to win games. Wilson and Lawrence are on sh*t teams. They may or may not be better than Mac but as rookies, they are already being asked to put their teams on their backs. Not normally a good way for first year guys to build confidence and develop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...