Poll: If Jax offered Trevor Lawrence straight up for Zach Wilson, would you accept the trade?

Poll: If Jax offered Trevor Lawrence straight up for Zach Wilson, would you accept the trade?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: If Jax offered Trevor Lawrence straight up for Zach Wilson, would you accept the trade?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2022 at 04:33 AM

34 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Wasn't Herbert the eye-test guy?  "He doesn't elevate his team"  "He doesn't do anything in the big games."  I think that was why he dropped. 

I think the amount of money involved and the teams will to throw super high picks at guys based on the most minor glimmers of hope is screwing with the metrics.  There is value in seasoning, but it isn't worth a season at $30M or losing a chance at the next stud.  

As someone who didn't believe in Herbert I definitely think he was an eye test guy -- and in hindsight I think Oregon held him back. The guy who was the OC there during his tenure doesn't have the best reputation.

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Wasn't Herbert the eye-test guy?  "He doesn't elevate his team"  "He doesn't do anything in the big games."  I think that was why he dropped.

Why he dropped isn't interesting. What is interesting is why the QBASE projection was even close. It was originally set up to give a numeric output for the Lewin criteria, which are essentially starts, starts, completion percentage, and starts. 42 at a hair under 65% is bomb. It was then screwed with, inter alia by ostensibly including a teammate adjustment that should have dinged Burrow and Tua for playing on the two most talented offenses basically ever. It comes out of the black box with Herbert barely ahead of Tua and well behind Burrow. It seems like the real problem is the opposite of what Tom suggested. The metrics seem to have been overworked, and in such a manner as to align them more closely with prevailing opinion rather than in a way that is consistent with the underlying concepts.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think the amount of money involved and the teams will to throw super high picks at guys based on the most minor glimmers of hope is screwing with the metrics.  There is value in seasoning, but it isn't worth a season at $30M or losing a chance at the next stud.  

As I remember it, Herbert interviewed poorly because he wants to be a surgeon when he’s done with football and GMs took that to mean he wasn’t committed to his craft

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...