Zach Wilson is the NFL Pepsi Rookie of the Week

JetNation

Zach Wilson Pepsi

For the second time this year, Zach Wilson is the NFL Pepsi Rookie of the Week. He was nominated earlier this week and was announced as the winner on Thursday. He also won after he led the Jets to a Week 4 upset over the Tennessee Titans. Eliah Moore was also the rookie of the week in week 11 so the Jets rookie class is off to a good start.

Offensive Coordinator Mike LaFleur said that Zach Wilson had his best week of practice last week.

What I mean by that was his tempo, his eyes, his command, I thought he really slowed himself down and that first game back vs. Houston, obviously he didn`t play for four-plus weeks and didn’t get to practice half that time, which is a big deal for a rookie quarterback with just the timing and the speed of this NFL game. That week back for Houston and then be able to teach off of that tape, what we need to do and one thing that we pin-pointed was we got to slow him down a little bit. What we meant by that is he’s a little too fast in and out of his drops, so he could be a little bit ahead of plays and when you’re in a timing-based offense such as ours, it’s so important that you read or defeat each play as its own tempo. I thought he did a really good job of just owning this plan in terms of the tempo, getting his eyes in the spots that he needed to be in and it happened right from the get-go. The other thing I noticed just from up top and I’m sure you guys did, I thought his calmness and command early on was probably the best it’s been all year. So, those are a few things that stood out that I thought he really improved on.

Congratulations to Zach Wilson.

Zach Wilson Pepsi

The post Zach Wilson is the NFL Pepsi Rookie of the Week appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 3

We have 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds.  I believe we will trade back with the number 4 pick.  So we might have 8 or 9 picks in the 1st 4 rounds.  The Jets will be the youngest team in the league again next year.  And all these rookies will be on the field.

Jet fans need to realize the 2022 jets will be better then this years team, but not a playoff team.  We will get 6-8 wins next year.  But the experience these young guys are getting will be invaluable.

2023 is the season we really compete.  That has been Joe Douglas's plan from day 1 and Saleh is on board with it too.  Be patient Jet fans.  The plan is in place and we are executing it perfectly.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He showed a lot of improvement last week.  It was very encouraging.  I have 0 doubt that Zach will be here for 15 years and lead us to a super bowl.  But it is going to take some time.  Hang in there jet fans.  But the end of the 2023 seasons, we will be playing like one of the best teams in the nfl.  We are getting there but we are still a season away.  Be patient.

0 doubt. Wow. So you'd be happy to give 100-to-1 odds in a bet?

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2021 at 7:37 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

He showed a lot of improvement last week.  It was very encouraging.  I have 0 doubt that Zach will be here for 15 years and lead us to a super bowl.  But it is going to take some time.  Hang in there jet fans.  But the end of the 2023 seasons, we will be playing like one of the best teams in the nfl.  We are getting there but we are still a season away.  Be patient.

On 12/10/2021 at 12:40 PM, jgb said:

0 doubt. Wow. So you'd be happy to give 100-to-1 odds in a bet?

Still waiting. I'll bet any amount you want 100-to-1 against Zach being here 15 years. You said you have zero doubt, pony up.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Still waiting. I'll bet any amount you want 100-to-1 against Zach being here 15 years. You said you have zero doubt, pony up.

15 years and the odds are only 100 to 1.  LOL. That is comical. A Jets QB making it here until he is almost 40 has to be 100,000 to 1.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2021 at 1:42 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

We have 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds.  I believe we will trade back with the number 4 pick.  So we might have 8 or 9 picks in the 1st 4 rounds.  The Jets will be the youngest team in the league again next year.  And all these rookies will be on the field.

Jet fans need to realize the 2022 jets will be better then this years team, but not a playoff team.  We will get 6-8 wins next year.  But the experience these young guys are getting will be invaluable.

2023 is the season we really compete.  That has been Joe Douglas's plan from day 1 and Saleh is on board with it too.  Be patient Jet fans.  The plan is in place and we are executing it perfectly.

no trade backs Joe. we need some elite players not more players.

there are plenty of later rd picks to get good players. we need a few who keep HCs up at night. that Edge or WR that coaches want to double team ora LB they dont want to run to. whatever we do we cant waste those picks on the OL.

58 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I will take that bet, but 15 is way too long.  I’ll be sleeping with my goldfishes by then.  How about 5?

Joe W. Namath set the term at 15. But you want to give me 100-to-1 odds sure I'll bet Wilson isn't on the Jets in 5 years. Hell, I'll bet Mahomes isn't a Chief in 5 years at 100-to-1!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to formally retract every single accolade I bestowed upon Zach Wilson for winning this award.  Both times.  

Some new information (well, not new but information I was not privvy to or would not readily acknowledge) has come to my attention.

For that I thank one of the best mods @ZachEY

And yes, it is still a dumb award.  

On 12/10/2021 at 1:16 AM, JetNation said:

Zach Wilson Pepsi

For the second time this year, Zach Wilson is the NFL Pepsi Rookie of the Week. He was nominated earlier this week and was announced as the winner on Thursday. He also won after he led the Jets to a Week 4 upset over the Tennessee Titans. Eliah Moore was also the rookie of the week in week 11 so the Jets rookie class is off to a good start.

Offensive Coordinator Mike LaFleur said that Zach Wilson had his best week of practice last week.

What I mean by that was his tempo, his eyes, his command, I thought he really slowed himself down and that first game back vs. Houston, obviously he didn`t play for four-plus weeks and didn’t get to practice half that time, which is a big deal for a rookie quarterback with just the timing and the speed of this NFL game. That week back for Houston and then be able to teach off of that tape, what we need to do and one thing that we pin-pointed was we got to slow him down a little bit. What we meant by that is he’s a little too fast in and out of his drops, so he could be a little bit ahead of plays and when you’re in a timing-based offense such as ours, it’s so important that you read or defeat each play as its own tempo. I thought he did a really good job of just owning this plan in terms of the tempo, getting his eyes in the spots that he needed to be in and it happened right from the get-go. The other thing I noticed just from up top and I’m sure you guys did, I thought his calmness and command early on was probably the best it’s been all year. So, those are a few things that stood out that I thought he really improved on.

Congratulations to Zach Wilson.

Zach Wilson Pepsi

The post Zach Wilson is the NFL Pepsi Rookie of the Week appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

Big Whoop! (Futurama) | Reaction GIFs

Obviously Jets fans are stuffing the ballot boxes...good, so what.  We're supporting our kid and holding seizing anything positive we can to support our kid. 

I think he's learning his lessons and improving and I'm trying to quell my excitement.  You really do have to be patient with young QB's.  Terry Bradshaw was benched twice in his 5th year before really maturing.   

Time will tell but Zach may really be our first FQB since Namath.  Let's support the kid anyway we can - that includes YOU Joe Douglas.

• Upvote 1