Why do Eagles have 6 wins and Jets 3?

kevinc855

Last week was embarrassing on many levels. Of course another two score win by an opponent comes to mind. Then there were the Eagles home game atmosphere at Metlife, then there was the backup QB for the Eagles who didn't start in a year look like Aaron Rodgers. 

As me and my friend were leaving we started comparing the Eagles and Jets. We realized, the Eagles only won 2 more games then us last year. Like us, they have a rookie HC, like us they have a young QB who is in his first year as a real starter (2nd year total) and also got bit by the injury bug this year. 

Unlike us however, the Eagles and their fans are excited and in a playoff hunt for a wild card spot. Looking more closely at the team you see they have only lost 2 games by double digits, hanging around most games they lose. Once again, unlike us they also have had some dominating wins, something we know nothing about, smashing the Falcons, Lions, Broncos and Saints. 

Now granted they play in a weaker division, but the majority of their division games are coming up, not behind them. I just find it amazing, other struggling young teams with a rookie HC can find ways to be relevant and maybe, just maybe, sneak into the playoffs while here we are relegated to talking about "flashes" from players and the draft. 

I will say it for the 99th time, our rebuild doesn't make sense. It does not need to be this painful with roster alignment. So I ask you what is the root cause for another year of irrelevancy. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

So they won 2 more games than us last year and currently have 3 more wins than us this year. 

They are clearly have a better roster top to bottom and are just a better team than us, but not good enough to actually win anything. 

I'm not seeing the source of outrage. 

Relevant December games and a shot at the 7th seed?

Give me that all day

• Upvote 1

Just now, Copernicus said:

Not being aggressive here but did the Eagles lose their starting LT? Two possible starting RG(s)? Emerging rookie RB? Starting a rookie QB? Their starting, and back up Edge Rushers? Both starting safeties?

They have lost 2 starters on their oline, more then us. Jalen Hurts is only started 3 games last year I believe. Their 2 RB's Howard and Sanders have been sidelined game to game. They also put their DE on injured reserve last month. EVERY team has injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Is their kicking game in place?

Sure, like the other 31 teams. That's solely on JD and this franchise. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

We practiced against them in the preseason and it was pretty evident they were the better team then too. 

Short answer: dominant OL

We will struggle against any team with a good offensive line. Pretty sure that was the consensus even before Lawson went down.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Relevant December games and a shot at the 7th seed?

Give me that all day

Some fans honestly prefer a total cluster-eff of a season over a season around .500 with playoff hopes alive in December for "teh draft position."

Yeah, I mean, fine. For a year or two when hitting the reset but for like 8 years in a row?

At this point I just want entertaining football. Then I can worry about good football again.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

If you want a real answer to your question:

-As pointed out already a number of times in this thread, the Eagles have one of the best O-lines.

-The Jets have one of the least experienced rosters.

-The Eagles have one of the more experienced rosters.

-The Eagles have one of the easiest Strength of Schedules in the league.

My guess is that if you were to switch the Eagles roster, with the Jets roster, and the coaching staffs, the won-loss records would work out roughly the same as they are today, but in reverse. maybe subtract "1" win from the new, New York Jets, because of the Johnsons and karma.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Last week was embarrassing on many levels. Of course another two score win by an opponent comes to mind. Then there were the Eagles home game atmosphere at Metlife, then there was the backup QB for the Eagles who didn't start in a year look like Aaron Rodgers. 

As me and my friend were leaving we started comparing the Eagles and Jets. We realized, the Eagles only won 2 more games then us last year. Like us, they have a rookie HC, like us they have a young QB who is in his first year as a real starter (2nd year total) and also got bit by the injury bug this year. 

Unlike us however, the Eagles and their fans are excited and in a playoff hunt for a wild card spot. Looking more closely at the team you see they have only lost 2 games by double digits, hanging around most games they lose. Once again, unlike us they also have had some dominating wins, something we know nothing about, smashing the Falcons, Lions, Broncos and Saints. 

Now granted they play in a weaker division, but the majority of their division games are coming up, not behind them. I just find it amazing, other struggling young teams with a rookie HC can find ways to be relevant and maybe, just maybe, sneak into the playoffs while here we are relegated to talking about "flashes" from players and the draft. 

I will say it for the 99th time, our rebuild doesn't make sense. It does not need to be this painful with roster alignment. So I ask you what is the root cause for another year of irrelevancy. 

They seemed miles past us during trading camp. Aren’t they the ones that killed Carl Lawson’s possible breakout seasons? Why would be better than them now? 

51 minutes ago, JoeDouglasFart said:

My friend and I...

Your threads are lovely.

If you don’t like Big Kev’s threads then you can choose to not click on them. The creators name happens to be under the title in the forum listing. That should let you know who created that thread unless they created an alt. Then you wouldn’t be sure. Don’t think Big Kev has done that. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

If you don’t like Big Kev’s threads then you can choose to not click on them. The creators name happens to be under the title in the forum listing. That should let you know who created that thread unless they created an alt. Then you wouldn’t be sure. Don’t think Big Kev has done that. 

Can we have a list of "alt names" and to whom they belong? This will help me in which threads I click. 

• Haha 4

Who cares how many wins the Eagles have this year.  Its irrelevant.  Talk to me when in 2023, we are one of the top franchises in the league and built for long term success.

Just another “why arent we winning right now” thread.  Jet fans are just clueless to what the plan is and how you accomplish that.  Its mindboggling.

Jet fans would like nothing more then to win 10 games next year, get knocked out of the playoffs in round 1 and then have 10 more years a futility.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

They have lost 2 starters on their oline, more then us. Jalen Hurts is only started 3 games last year I believe. Their 2 RB's Howard and Sanders have been sidelined game to game. They also put their DE on injured reserve last month. EVERY team has injuries. 

Sure, like the other 31 teams. That's solely on JD and this franchise. 

Fair points, I think Hurts having almost a full year to watch and also getting 3 games under his belt is bigger than we think. In a small sample size, Zach looks like a different QB since coming back from injury and hopefully it translates into more wins next season.

• Upvote 1

They’re not in an all out rebuild.  The Eagles GM has taken a team that was a SP winner just a couple of years ago and turned them into a team that is defending their last place finish from a year ago and has a couple fans that think they might make the playoffs because the NFC sucks so it changes things? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Not being aggressive here but did the Eagles lose their starting LT? Two possible starting RG(s)? Emerging rookie RB? Starting a rookie QB? Their starting, and back up Edge Rushers? Both starting safeties? Is their kicking game in place? Are they starting multiple rookies on both offense and defense? I would assume this all plays a role why the Eagles have a few more wins. 

When laid out like this we are such a $*** show its comical how we mix not enough talent with chronically injured.

To be clear I like alot of the talent on the team but damn barely any of it made it to the field.

I'm still frazzled from losing Carl Lawson.

Uk2FGL.gif.28a4ddd659e3bea3a1ad7cbbace22bab.gif

• Haha 1