Why do Eagles have 6 wins and Jets 3?

kevinc855

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Last week was embarrassing on many levels. Of course another two score win by an opponent comes to mind. Then there were the Eagles home game atmosphere at Metlife, then there was the backup QB for the Eagles who didn't start in a year look like Aaron Rodgers. 

As me and my friend were leaving we started comparing the Eagles and Jets. We realized, the Eagles only won 2 more games then us last year. Like us, they have a rookie HC, like us they have a young QB who is in his first year as a real starter (2nd year total) and also got bit by the injury bug this year. 

Unlike us however, the Eagles and their fans are excited and in a playoff hunt for a wild card spot. Looking more closely at the team you see they have only lost 2 games by double digits, hanging around most games they lose. Once again, unlike us they also have had some dominating wins, something we know nothing about, smashing the Falcons, Lions, Broncos and Saints. 

Now granted they play in a weaker division, but the majority of their division games are coming up, not behind them. I just find it amazing, other struggling young teams with a rookie HC can find ways to be relevant and maybe, just maybe, sneak into the playoffs while here we are relegated to talking about "flashes" from players and the draft. 

I will say it for the 99th time, our rebuild doesn't make sense. It does not need to be this painful with roster alignment. So I ask you what is the root cause for another year of irrelevancy. 

They had a much deeper roster to start with.  It ain't over yet.

• Upvote 2

Because you are cherry picking by just saying they only won 2 more games than us last year. Yes, last year they won 4 games, mostly due to horrific QB play but the years prior they were 9-7, 9-7, 13-3. The years prior for us were 7-9, 4-12, 5-11, 5-11. 

It's much easier to turn things around when you mostly only need to fix 1 position as opposed to an entire roster. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

So they won 2 more games than us last year and currently have 3 more wins than us this year. 

They are clearly have a better roster top to bottom and are just a better team than us, but not good enough to actually win anything. 

I'm not seeing the source of outrage. 

Had they not got like 5+ favorable calls in our back yard we are supposed to be getting Jets could have won this game against the Eagles and they would have had 5 winds to our 4. It would have been close at that point with records.

32 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

This is year zero. We have another year of losing next year and then after that we can compete and win 7-8 games. The year after that we complete the masterplan, secure the 7th seed and finally get that wild card blowout loss we’ve been craving.

All faith in Douglas. Praise be.

And we all know who that Wild Card blowout loss we've been craving is gonna be against

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

They’re not in an all out rebuild.  The Eagles GM has taken a team that was a SP winner just a couple of years ago and turned them into a team that is defending their last place finish from a year ago and has a couple fans that think they might make the playoffs because the NFC sucks so it changes things? 

Yeah I think the point of the post was you can accomplish the same thing without an all out rebuild and behaving like an expansion team.   The fact our fanbase has bought into this plan with almost religious fervor is so strange.  

35 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah I think the point of the post was you can accomplish the same thing without an all out rebuild and behaving like an expansion team.   The fact our fanbase has bought into this plan with almost religious fervor is so strange.  

Its not so strange, its what was needed for years.  We've tried the way the Eagles are doing it and it didnt work.  And theres no indication that its going to work for them.