What do we think “The Plan” is?

19 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Saleh is always extremely confident when talking about the plan they have in place. Normally I think it’s all fluff and they know nothing but the more he speaks on it and seeing this tweet from today:

He’s seems so overly confident in what’s going to happen that I can’t ignore it. “The EXACT direction” “CRYSTAL clear”.  
What do we think the plan is?

Exact direction: Continue the rebuild Idzik started for another 10 years.

Crystal clear: Lose every game by multi scores. Its pretty crystal clear to me.

Conclusion: We are getting our butts hammered and have no other excuse to get fans in the stadium besides blaming it on the plan. 

Plan? Get more talent, get more experience, win more games :-)

We have 2 firsts (probably top 10), 2 seconds (top 10 and top 15) - draft 4 impact players - I would suggest LB/pass rusher and Center in the 1st; RG and WR/TE/S in second.

With the 3rd, 2 4ths, and 2 5ths (assuming Flacco doesn't play more) - the Jets should get a couple of rotational players and some depth; likely won't fill the team up with this draft, but coupled with FA the team should be solid - plus half of the team would go from rookies/2nd year to 2nd/3rd year players ...

This also assumes that we don't trade down with 1 or both of the top first picks to get more picks.

If Wilson continues to grow and with some more talent on O and D, we should be able to have a good season - may even sniff playoffs; even if we don't get into playoffs, we should be playing meaningful football in December. That is the plan at least.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Yup.  After a decade of beatdowns and FO mismanagement I don’t expect wins, doesn’t mean I don’t care. They say there is a plan, and I can see it for once.  I see no utility in getting overly upset at this stage. It’ll just put me in a bad mood.

I get ya DH, I do.

I just hate it.  I hate that so many of us are at that point.

Bad mood avoidance is, in fairness, a more than legit motivation.

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

This.

Some miserable dudes thinks it's “fluff”.

It’s what we need. 

I 'need' results, wins and competitive teams we can be proud of and don't leave us as the butt of jokes and the laughing stock of the NFL.

But if this does it for you, more power to you.  I'm honestly glad you're happy with things like this, and the Rookie of the Week award.  

There are certainly days I wish that was enough to make me happy as a fan too.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I 'need' results, wins and competitive teams we can be proud of and don't leave us as the butt of jokes and the laughing stock of the NFL.

But if this does it for you, more power to you.  I'm honestly glad you're happy with things like this, and the Rookie of the Week award.  

There are certainly days I wish that was enough to make me happy as a fan too.

I think the expiration date for the whole “wins don’t matter now” mantra is quickly coming, there are 5 games remaining for that phase of the rebuild.   

• Upvote 2